Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Questions on SF Mamoswine and SW Shuckle

eriknance

I have a couple of questions here that maybe you can help me with. Thanks in advance!

1. The SF Mamoswine has an interesting attack named “Ramming Strike” that, during the attack, has the possibility of knocking out Mamoswine. Here’s the text for the attack:

“Flip a coin until you get tails. This attack does 30 damage times the number of heads or you may start again. Each time you start again, put 2 damage counters on Mamoswine. (If Mamoswine would be Knocked Out, you can’t start again.)”

My question concerns the placement of damage counters on Mamoswine. If Mamoswine takes enough damage counters to be “Knocked Out,” does the accumulated damage for each coin flip of heads still count? For instance, if an undamaged Mamoswine uses “Ramming Strike,” and I flip 1 heads followed by 7 tails (enough to KO Mamoswine), does Mamoswine still do 30 damage, then get Knocked Out?

2. I attack a SF Electrode (with the “Radiance” Poke-Body) with SW Shuckle’s “Ferment Poison.” The attack cancels Poke-Bodies for as long as the Defending Pokemon remains poisoned. Does the Electrode’s Poke-Body activate once it’s damaged, or does “Ferment Poison” instantly override and cancel “Radiance”?

This question could also apply to other Pokemon with similar Poke-Bodies (SF Rapidash, SF Roserade, LA Delcatty, etc.).

1. You're reading the attack wrong.
If you "start again", that means that you are tossing out all of the earlier results and are starting your coin flip all over again from zero. So, if you got one heads and then a tails and started again, then immediately got a tails, you would do zero damage at that point. In your example, no damage would be done, even if you stopped before you KO'd your Mamoswine.

2. We'll discuss the second one before answering.

Back