Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Quick PA Regs report

Bolt

So it's Thursday afternoon and I don't have a trip to either MA or PA. I scramble to put something together with my friend Randy and stay at his place Friday night. Saturday morning I'm on a Philly subway to the event.

I used Gardy/Gallade. Mikey thinks I'm insane, others don't even believe me. Me, Omar and Ryan run the same list! I never get to play any games with it though, uh oh!

Round 1 vs Fighting.dec
I get a quick Gardy and run through his Psychic weak deck
1-0

Round 2 vs Dialga
Dunno who he was, but I could tell he was relatively good by his list and his moves early game. He takes 2 quick prizes with an early Dialga Lv X but I bring up a Gallade and OHKO it. He doesn't take another prize and misplays a couple times not realizing Gardy basically kills the entire deck.
2-0

Round 3 vs Infernape/Magmortar
I worried a bit too much about Magmortar because he started building one up on the bench and I wanted to make sure I had enough attackers to go back and forth with everything. I misplay by not healing 10 damage from my Gallade at one point, but the Psychic lock stops him from recovering in the end.
3-0

Round 4 vs Gino w/ Dialga/whatever
Opening hand includes 3 Rare Candy, Gallade, Psychic energy, Sneasel, Claydol. I never see a supporter, and after I lose in like 4 turns, we flip cards and I have NOTHING coming for like 6 more turns. Ugh.
3-1

Round 5 vs Darrell w/ Dialga/whatever
Similar to last game, except with more Ralts. I play it safe and don't go for Uxie when I topdeck a Bebe's cause I dunno if he has the Spray in hand. I never see anything worth anything and he wins a few turns later.
3-2

Gotta win out to have a CHANCE.

Round 6 vs Magnezone
I get an early Psychic Lock, then let Gallade clean up when I'm in control of the game
4-2

Round 7 vs Eric w/ Galactic/whatever
I finally get another decent start vs a Galactic deck, and go with an early Gallade. He miscalculates how much his Toxicroak does and leaves my Gallade with 10 hp left, then I double Healer and KO croak. From there he's playing far behind on energy drops and my Psychic Locking keeps me ahead enough where I can win the game.
5-2

SO I did everything I could in this tourney, and with 2 unpreventable wins I end up 21st - thus ending my 3 year streak of Top 4'ing every event of Dorian's I play in. Ah well.

THANKS TO

everyone involved in getting me to the event, everyone involved in helping me play in the event and everyone in between!

Team R for life!

PS - ily om0r

5-2 Miss is such a joke, Bolt. We could have made it in, but whatever. It happens.

Thx guys

I feel like the deck had a lot of amazing matchups and I'd have WON if I cut, as shown by Omar's win with the same list! Daddy. Dominance!

Man Bolt, I can't believe you didn't get in. I was surprised that Gardellade actually made top cut (Omar)

I'm also surprised that omar lost once to Franco :eek:

Sorry for the misfortune in our game, Bolt. 5-2 with a Gardy deck shows you have bravery, skill, and innovation. I was impressed. Good job on the 5-2 record

Back