Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Quick Questions

Fantasy Fox

1. What happens if a player accidentally discards a Supporter instead of putting it beside the active Pokemon?
Will that player's turn end straightaway?

Lots of people are sore-losers in the place I'm playing at...so they wouldn't give face to anyone who discards a supporter.

2. Is there any ruling that says, if its time up and the two players has the same amount of prizes, the player with the most cards in his/her deck wins.

1. There's no set ruling but I'd have to say no. I'd just say it was an extremely minor playing error and is very easily reversible. Now if the player said they were done as they discarded the supporter and forgot to attack, I'd say they gave up their turn and it's their own fault.

2. There is no ruling as such. I've heard of people circulating this rumor before. It would be a tie.

Fantasy Fox said:
2. Is there any ruling that says, if its time up and the two players has the same amount of prizes, the player with the most cards in his/her deck wins.

This ruling was used in a few early Wizards Premier events, prior to the Super Trainer Showdowns. My son once lost in the finals of a Tropical Megabattle qualifier because he was tied on prizes, but had less cards in his deck than his opponent. It was very frustrating, and I was glad to see WotC stopped using this means of determining a winner early on.

BDS

For the draw, if you still need a single winner, then I guess you could determine that by Sudden Death.

Geez, when Supporters were first being used, I bet a lot of people accidentally discarded them like all the other Trainers they've ever played were discarded. It's a human mistake. What do they think they are to be criticizing people like that, inhuman?

Back