Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Quick Regionals Report (I don't deserve to play)

Bolt

Northeast Regionals, Masters Division

I had my heart set on R-Gon for today, plus Omar said to play it. Testing the night before, I felt a lot more comfortable with Destiny...so I borrowed cards from Mikey and MK and went with that.

Round 1 - Anthony F w/ Draggy ex d and Flygon d
I Licky start and spread some damage. He kills that and I go crazy with Latios, then clean up with Ray.
1-0

Round 2 - Raymond w/ Blastoise CG (and Shiftry PK and other stuff??)
Turn 2 Ray and I bench him
2-0

Round 3 - ??? w/ Flygon ex d
Team R broke the format, and the field is a billion Flygons. Here's the first one of the day. I just lock him with Stantler and Latios backs me up.
3-0

Round 4 - Randy M w/ Flygon ex d
Another Lickitung/Stantler runthrough of Flygon
4-0

Round 5 - Gino R w/ Flygon ex d and Eeveelutions
Gino tried his cheap eevee tricks on me, but I topdecked a Transceiver on Evo Swirl and Scientisted for like 13.
5-0

Round 6 - Stephen K w/ Megalix
I wasn't too sure about this one before the match, but I manage to stick my Cessations and Stones eventually, and he gets stuck.
6-0

Round 7 - Frank D w/ MSN/Metalix
UGLY start for the last round, of course. I have to attack with Skarmory, but I get to KO his castys before he gets too much from ddraw. At the end of the game, I'm stuck without a way to KO one of his Metas and he gets me at the end. This was an AWESOME game!!! :D :D :D
6-1

I'm SECOND seed to Steve. They tell us to sort out our decks...Mikey, MK and I go to do it and discuss our matchups... then they're like "nope never mind" so I have to shuffle the mess I UNmade :/

Top 16 - Dawn Marie w/ Banette ex and Espeon ex
game 1 - Banette of course gets the fast start, but I Ray swarm and Latios cleanup
game 2 - She gets more flips to go her way here, but I use Stantler effectively and finish up with Ray
7-1

Top 8 - Brian J w/ R-Gonish deck
game 1 - Sand Damage SUCKS and I misplay early by Licking his Flygon d right into a Briney, UGH!
game 2 - He gets a jank start, no energy..no supporters. I don't miss a supporter drop the entire game :D
game 3 - I'm down to 2 prizes, but everything he's got in play is huge. I have 2 ex's with 20 HP left and he just Psychic Pulses me cause I CANT DRAW STUMP UHGHGHHHH
7-2

Top 8 at Regionals AGAIN! One day I'll break it...maybe next week at Mass. I learned a lot, especially about Destiny. You HAVE to playtest the **** out of it, alone or with others and adjust it to your metagame. Everyone was all up on my games trying to figure out how I was winning, what I was doing, what I was playing. SKILL, PEOPLE. UGH.

Props:
-Team R
-Judging staff, especially giving the time extension after my slowish play in top 8. I love when judges are fair to both sides :D
-everyone I've playtested with since States!
-the GREAT matches I had with Frankie and Brian

Slops:
-Me sending up Stantler and drawing a card, I DONT KNOW HOW TO PLAY.
-6 Flygons per deck :/

Last edited:
Look, you were supposed to win. You're trying to become the president across all the nations of the United States, you know.

Good job with Destiny

ugh youre so bad. I told you you shouldve played omaR-gon. ughhh.

oh well, i still adore you. gj
<3

Back