Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Quick starter deck needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garuda

Hello guys this is my first post here and I need major help with this deck ...
Poke(22)
4x Dunsparce
4x Torchic (Singe)
3x Combusken (Lunge)
3x Blaziken (Firestarter)
2x Blaziken EX
2x Pidgey
1x Pidgeotto
2x Pidgeot
1x Rayquaza EX
Trainers (24)
4x Tv Reporter
3x Celio's Network
3x Steven's Advice
2x Copy Cat
1x Rocket's Admin
3x Switch
2x Pokemon Retriever
1x Pow! Hand Extension
2x High Pressure System
3x Rare Candy
Energy(14)
4x Multi
10x Fire

First I should remember you that here we have no emerald YET, it may be released next month, so, for while I don't have to complain about Battle Frontier, but because of that Rock-lock and Draggy still running rampant, Zap-turn-dos is becoming popular; and specially rock-lock is a MAJOR treat for Blaze decks, so I am thinking about adding Jirachi(HL) and Moltres EX, but I'm not sure about what take out.. I was thinking take out one rare candy and replace with jirachi, IMO this would increase my consistancy vs rock lock...

Every advices will be apreciated.

Lunge combusken is bad, along with singe torchic.Try ember torchic and double kick combusken instead. take away rocket's admin for an extra stephen or copycat. You've made a good selection of cards otherwise.

Last edited:
The point using de Singe Torchic and Lunge Combusken is for better chances they stay alive after sucessives ATM Rocks since they have more HP than the others.

Admin is there mainly because this deck starts killing stuff one or two prizes behind the opponent, lowering their hands and killing their main attacker in the same turn is always a nice thing.

Anyway thanks for your advice.

Replace the pow! with another Ray. Trust me It works. Well I kinda forgot how to build this deck, but the new Ray deck is much better. Use Zappy, The new Ray ex. and Manectric ex.

Hi Medichampion,

As said before, this deck starts beating other stuff a bit later, when one or two prizes are gone, so POW! could be useful in a large number of games, bringing up some strategic pokemon to be K.Oed by REX for example.
And IMO the REX Dragon is the best out there, at least for this kind of deck.

About using zappy.. I don't expect most players having problems with their startups since a nice amount of them will be playing draggy decks, so in games like that I could not have all the advantage, and zappy vs zappy is not really funny, specially when your opponent starts the game :/

Anyway, thanks for the advices!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back