Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Raichu2063 Tampa gym challenge report

Raichu2063

This is my first report so we will see how it goes. For the last two months I knew I would only get to go to one Gym challenge, so I knew I had to win this to get my trip. So I took the deck I have been working with since states, Flariados with/Techs. Let's cut to the chase shall we?

Round one-VS.????
I got an eevee start and she got a pinser(the hidden legends one) and a chansey on the bench. I go first and I dual ball for an eevee and lapras, then I attach an energy to eevee and call for family to get spinarak. She attaches an energy to pinser and passes. I retreat the eevee bring out the spinarak evolve it to ariados and play down flareon ex and evo flame it along with reactive poisen for the K.O. . She then brings outchansey and attaches an energy and sings. I flip and wake up and start my turn. I play down the lapras I got, grabbed PETM with it's power and used PETM to get Flareon ex evo flame rective poisen, then she flips for burn K.O. and has no more bench I win.
1/0
Round two-Vs. Zap-turn-dos
I didn't expect to see this today, but it was like the easiest thing to beat besides round one. He got a pikachu start and and I got spinarak and eevee benched he goes first attaches to pikachu and plays a pikachu and electrike on his bench and does 10 damage. I attach an energy to spinarak stun poisen and it is succesful. He attaches to the beched electrike and passes. Evolved into ariados and killed pikachu. He sends out electrike and recharges. I play down flareon ex and an eevee and attach to eevee. Then I kill it with the combo. He send s out pika and attaches to a benched pikachu and Warps point, I send out Eevee. he passes. I attach Holon's evolve it to Espeon and snap tail the b enched pika and from there on snap tail whwere the energy is.
2/0
Lunch break- Get's some pizza and eat and round three starts.

Round three-????
All he had was some growlithes an like one primape the whole game and I just keep doing the combo to win.:pokeball:
3/0
Round four- Lunasol
I lapras startand pass. He gets lunatone with three solarock by holon mentor forsights himself and ends turn. I draw dual ball and get to tails pass he does his target beam. I draw an energy pass. he targets beam for the win.
3/1
Top four-
Me VS. the Zap- turn-dos( the one I already played)-
Round one- Same thing as round two.
Round two- Same thing as round one.
5/1
Top two-
Me VS. Lunasol(The one I had already played).

Round one-I spin start and he Solarock starts. I go first, attach for my turn play down eevee and stun poisen. Heads. He mentors get set up and attaches to a lunatone and passes. I Ariados play dual ball get two more eevee and reactive poisen for the K.O. . I basically spider trap and do the combo for the win.
6/1
Round two- We had like twenty-five minutes left. And this game went so long that when we began round three we had like 1:30 on the clock but that is next game. I get down to Two prixes and he has had a C stone in play all day, so I'm up by three prizes, Then in the next two turns my three flareon ex die giving him the win.
6/2
Rond three- We4 have like 1:30 on the clock so we hurry and I spinarak start and he solarock start. I go first since I lost and stun poisen and it works. He attaches to solarock and passes. I mary's request , get ariados , evolve and reactive poisen for the win.
7/2
Props-
A Well run turney
Me winning
Flariados
Me getting Mew ex and Mewtwo* in my box
Pizza hut
Jim and Bobby
Erik Nance
Ryan Vergal

Slops-
Jim not winning:pokeball:

Last edited:
Fox rocks. I'm glad to see that you won a trip with a deck that you've been working on for quite some time. I owe the Lapras idea to you, you owe the Espeon ex idea to me, hah. Great job on the win, and I will see you at Nationals/Worlds. :thumb:

Hopefully you consider the changes I mentioned to you, and you did a nice job and made a good 11-14 metagame assessment to use Flariados.

Lunasol has a tough matchup against Flariados, and even if Julien didn't misplay- I still think you had the advantage in the matchup, so much so that Flariados is the only reason I didn't run Lunasol myself at the Kissimmee Gym Challenge.

Congratulations, and I'll consider what you said in your PM and get back to you soon enough. I have a lot of new incoming member applications to consider, including yours. Team R currently has 6 members going to worlds, and more if you count possible incoming members.

Team R will dominate the 11-14, watch it.

Congrats to you and all the players and winners at the Tampa Gym Challenge. I'll take that mewtwo * from you though......

ryanvergel said:
Lunasol has a tough matchup against Flariados, and even if Julien didn't misplay- I still think you had the advantage in the matchup, so much so that Flariados is the only reason I didn't run Lunasol myself at the Kissimmee Gym Challenge.

...and I did and won ;D <3

GJ on winning. I think I played you at States when I was in 11-14, I was using Hariyama. Cya at worlds

Back