Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Raieggs, with a slightly different playstyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

nch76

I know there are many threads about Raieggs already, so I made a version of Raieggs more suited to my playing style

Pokemon: 22
4-4 Raichu d
4-4 Exeggutor d
4 Holon's castform
2 Holon's Magnemite

Energy: 11
4 Metal energy
4 Scramble energy
3 Double Rainbow energy

Trainers: 27
4 Holon Transceiver
3 Holon Mentor
2 Holon Researcher
1 Holon Farmer
4 Mary's request
4 Cessation crystal
4 Cursed Stone
2 Holon Legacy
3 Energy root

Strategy:
Initially, I would start with castform and draw up a huge hand for quick setup. Though your opponents might take this opportunity to copycat, I believe Raieggs can outspeed most decks. After Castform is KO-ed, the usual strategy applies, use scramble on Raichu and start to KO. What makes this deck different from other Raieggs deck is its suited to dish its max damage (70-90) nearly the whole game. As usual, with metallic thunder I would discard Scramble if I low on prizes, DRE and Castform if leading.

The difference is drawing that amazingly huge hand(say 20 cards?). With that hand, chances are you have the cards you need to lauch a full scale Metallic thunder/Delta circle until your energy runs out. I put in Energy root because I dont want Raichu to die so fast: Raichu having 1 energy attatched and being able to metallic thunder one more turn means alot because when you are leading in prizes, it take 2 turns to power up Raichu, meaning I should have 1 single energy card and 1 double energy card attatched- KO-ing Raichu means 1 turn wasted.

Also, I play no Holon adventurer and Holon Scientist because of the 'large hand' strategy and I rely on Mary's request on draw. I know my main weaknesses are that the energy root can be discarded through windstorm, and decking out. In SG CC, I once lost a round due to deckout! That is why I included Holon Farmer. With that large hand, I guess the transceivers can go grab the Holon farmers and reuse it to that I will not deckout. Overall, I made this strategically variant of Raieggs so as to improve its odds against Stage 2 decks with high HP hitters.

I hope I receive constructive comments for editing this deck to suit my playstyle as stated above, thanks.

Edit: -1 Scott
+1 energy root

Last edited:
if you are so worried about losing your energy roots then simply just swarm them with tools and gyms. windstorm cant take out everything or simply play only one tool and/or gym at a time in attempts to drain them. either way remove a holon magnemite being your version has less chance of recovery from a lone mag start, especially without scientist and adventurer for a quick three cards. also being your style is to hoard and play out scott has no uses, especially being only one of them,two is usually the best in raieggs.

-1 holon magnemite
+1 DRE
-1 scott
+1 energy root or castaway

after some playtesting you should remove one mary for at least one adventurer it saved me when i needed that DRE. this is a pretty good list, its just that i didnt see a whole lot of need for that many scramble when i playtested your deck. any way good luck.

I agree that I should remove scott because of the hoarding, and adding in 1 more energy root, because most decks play 1-2 windstorms.

Removing 1 holon magnemite and adding in DRE, I think I need more people's advice. I heard that 4 DRE is abit overkill, and Holon magnemite are important as mentorable energy.

Regarding the space for 1 holon adventurer, I think i might add in that as I forgot to take into consideration of lone magnemite start >.<

Keep the comments going!

Im referring to decks in my metagame which have not much space,so 2 is their max windstorm they put. Also, if a deck does not get disrupted by gyms easily will not put that many windstorms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back