Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Rainbow Chomp

Status
Not open for further replies.

LifeVirus7

Trying to build the for 07-08 modified format, so if you're going to suggest replacements, try to keep them for that format.

Pokemon: 18
4x Garchomp (MT)
2x Gabite (MT)
4x Gible (MT)
2x Delcatty (PK)
2x Skitty (PK)
4x Chingling (MT)

Energy: 17
3x :lightning:
3x :psychic:
3x :water:
2x :fire:
2x :grass:
2x :fighting:
2x :dark: (Basic)

Trainers: 25
4x Celio's Network
3x Strength Charm
3x Castaway
3x Windstorm
3x Night Maintenance
3x Mr. Stone's Project
2x Crystal Beach
2x Holon Mentor
2x Rare Candy

Strategy:
Garchomp is the main attacker, with that cool body of his. A potential of 110 against anybody for 3 energy seems good to me, and Strength Charm hits those with 120 HP. Delcatty is for drawing power with Energy Draw. Chingling gets me supporters to get ready.

Chingling is hopefully my starter, as the deck has plenty of supporters I could use. If not him, Gible can switch the opponent's starter, hopefully disrupting them. Skitty is the last one, with Tail Whip working on a coin flip.

I put more of those three energy, for these decks.
Psychic hits Mario.
Water hits Infernape.
Electric hits Feraligatr.

No :metal: since there's not many that are weak to it.

Crystal Beach stops the opponent's DRE, Boost, and Scramble, while not affecting me. 2 Beaches + 3 Windstorm > 4 Battle Frontier, but I wish I had another Windstorm for CC.

Last edited:
Dude take out crystal beach for 2 tv reporters
and 2 dark energies for 2 boostenergy and thats about it for now

Try this-

-2/2 Delcatty
-2/2 Fossil/Aerodactyl
-1 electric E
-1 water E
-1 Psychic E
-1 strength charm
-1 Windstorm

+2 chingling
+ 2 TVR
+1 Copycat
+4 Great Ball
+2 Night Maintenence
+1 Mr. Stone
+ 1 Scramble E

Should be a little more consistent.
B

1- Garchomp
2- Grass
1- Dark
1- Mysterious Fossil
1- Aerodactyl
2- Magnemite
2- Magneton
2- Crystal Beach
2- Chingling

1+ Electric
1+ Psychic
1+ Water
4+ Great Ball
4+ Copycat
2+ Memory Berry

garchomp can never work this format as it takes you three turns to power one up, What happens if one dies? ggyoulose?

Last edited by a moderator:
An update to the deck list has been made, edited in the 1st post.

I liked some suggestions, like the Great Ball and Memory Berry, but I couldn't think of what to remove for them with this update. If you have recommendations on what to switch out for them, that would greatly help.

Boosts might help since Garchomp needs 3 Colorless, but it won't get any use from his power, so I'm against that. And Crystal Beach also says no.

Yeah, it's obvious Battle Frontier shuts off Chomp's body. So are a lot of other Pokemon, so oh well. And the Crystal Beaches + Windstorms outnumber the BFs.

Aerodactyl is now gone since Castaway and Mr. Stone's Project can search out energies. Magneton also leaves since Mr. Stone and Night Maintenance gets energy out of the discards. Swampert EX looks neat and would help when a Garchomp goes down, but I don't have any so that idea won't work for me.

Energies are staying the same for now until I see what decks are being played at tournies around here, and adjust them to that.

Thank you to those who offered suggestions, and no thank you to those who just bashed.

here is an idea, try typhlosion
you fire starter fire energies, and manually attach the ones that will corespond to the relevant weakness
it helps with the energy limit problem, and works with delcatty pk as an added bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back