Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Rainbow Energy and Electrode Prime

ajhawk

Hey,

Say I use Energymite from Electrode Prime. There are Rainbow Energy in the top 7 cards. I attach those Rainbow Energy to Pokemon on the field. Do those Pokemon take damage from Rainbow Energy?

Energymite
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may use this power. If you do, Electrode is Knocked Out. Look at the top 7 cards of your deck. Choose as many Energy cards as you like and attach them to your Pokémon in any way you like. Discard the other cards. This power can't be used if Electrode is affected by a Special Condition.

Rainbow Energy
Attach Rainbow Energy to 1 of your Pokémon. While in play, Rainbow Energy provides every type of Energy but provides only 1 Energy at a time. (Has no effect other than providing Energy.) When you attach this card from your hand to 1 of your Pokémon, put 1 damage counter on that Pokémon. (While not in play, Rainbow Energy counts as Colorless Energy.)

I am curious, because it would seem that you are not attaching the energy from your hand. Rather, you are attaching the energy from the deck to the field.

Thanks!

Not the field.
You are attaching them from your deck.
And, since the deck is not your hand, you don't place a damage counter.

Back