1 lake barrier
3 pluspower
3 celio's network
2 windstorm
2 buffer piece

Energies: 16

2 scramble
14 electric

The strategy: Raichu powers up the attackers to get massive energy on the field. Manectric is a great attacker with chain lighting attack, and also can do more than 100 damage for lightning twister if powered up by Raichu. Magneton is a back-up attacker and can get energies out from the discard pile back in my hand. The main weakness is Mario, so mr. mime is there to buy some time against it.

Take out the lake barrier and a plus power for a battle fontier and a mentor. You may also want to make magneton a 1-1 tech line and add in another 2 mr. mime.

[del]Yay, I get to do tricks now~[/del]

Hm. Yes, you do need Lake Barrier. Don't take it out, unless you want Empoleon and Feraligatr to have a reason to rejoice.

I'll say this right now; I don't like Magneton. If you're doing something useful with Energy discarding, then great. But since you aren't, I don't see a reason for him in here. If anything, you're in need of Night Maintenances. Heck, if you want Magneton effect without discard, play MT Pikachu and any Pichu. Seriously. (And they're mentorable, thus easier to get out, AND gives a use for late Pikachus. Only problem is that Pikachu starts are terrible, but since Magnemite starts are bad anyway...).

I think you need another Holon Mentor. 2 is iffy. 3 is good. 4 is overkill. Even with Chingling. Especially if you put in Pichus, you'll want an extra Mentor.

Your problems with Mario come from... Type? The monotype makes Manectric spread like a nut. OHKOs? No, only Revenge one shots you. Power denial? Other then your energy retrieval, I see nothing.

Mr. Mime isn't that good of a wall actually (at least not for anti-Mario), 'cause Lucario's Aura Sphere isn't suffering from Bench Damage block.

make it like mewtric disruption TGW crystal ebach er2 poke reversal warp points lots and lots of disruption cess crystal

It's not as good as Mewtric was for disrupting though, as you don't lock in trainers. :/ [del]And reversal is rotated out, though I keep hallucinating and thinking that it's in Power Keepers[/del]

Scott -> Battle Frontier is a fairly good trick for this deck to do. You're safe from Warp Point solutions, you're blocking Delcatty, Flygon, and Bastiodon (which could be huge in a deck like this).

In fact, a Raichu d tech doesn't sound like a bad idea, to encourage damage spreading (again, since your power useage is limited, and Pichu heals itself when it evolves. :X). Of course, this does reduce the chances of a Raichu MT coming up, but since the delta has free retreat anyways...

On the note of Cessation Crystal... You play enough cards to benefit from Castaway, regardless on if you intend to have Raichu attach the majority of your energies or not. 3 energy a turn is better then 2, even if this means Raichu falls out of style quicker. Should you decide on using Castaway, make sure to change one Plus Power into a Strength Charm, so you can search for the +10 tool.

Take out the Magneton completely and replace it with some Pichu. Pikachu MT works fine with this deck I've found in testing. I would also find a way to put in 1 Raichu PK, his 2nd attack with the MT one is great.

his second attack does 10 more damage than the mt ones attack for the same cost plus it has x2 weakness and just running a 4th mt one or even 3 and one delta is a little more consistant

The Pk Raichu OHKO's Feraligatr and Empoleon with a Scramble and I've found it worth it. If you really are worried about Mario find something with Fighting resistance (I use Dodrio MT) to help balance out your weakness, or a hard hitting psychic pokemon to attack their weakness, wait never mind they rotated all those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back