Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Random idea

newsboy

Does anyone think Lumineon and blastoise would be a good combo add waters to Lumineon and do tons of damage then you get the enrgys back in case you get knocked out.

Does anyone think Lumineon and blastoise would be a good combo add waters to Lumineon and do tons of damage then you get the enrgys back in case you get knocked out.

What's a reasonable amount of energy to be attaching with Blastoise, considering all of the search cards that you can use, and disruption cards your opponent can use?
I'd say... 6 energy cards is rather reasonable. More then this is plausible, but rather difficult to pull off.
So we're attaching 6 energy cards to Lumineon using Blastoise, right? How much damage is Reverse Stream doing? 90 damage. Every other turn.

Wait a minute, why are we doing this, when we've got several cards in the format that do 80 every turn? For OHKOs? What in the world is OHKO-able by 90 damage, but not by 80? Furret? Charizard? Anything else...?

See, the problem with this combo is that it's doing a rather underwhelming amount of damage that can be almost matched by other tricks, but with less pain and effort. Blastoise is cool though. Can you think what could make use of those 6 energies (beyond silly Blissey-like pranks)? Lumineon's almost interesting... The attack's just too bleh to be useful though. :/

Ahem.

Anyway, the combo has been thought of when the SW spoilers came out. As mentionned above, the damage output is too low for the effort. Crawdaunt Ex, on the other hand, might have more use for it IF you can keep it out of your opponents fire for the charge turn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why the heck should he if he likes Lickylicky? Dayumn Rambo, you really are an elitist snob.

Anyway, the combo has been thought of when the SW spoilers came out. As mentionned above, the damage output is too low for the effort. Crawdaunt Ex, on the other hand, might have more use for it IF you can keep it out of your opponents fire for the charge turn.

Almost sigged that, I know what you mean but tbh Rambo got there first and it's acceptable to choose a different avatar to a high-poster. exs are generally too risky for HP-on, as is anything slow.

I said this earlier,its not bad, Its just that Blastoise isnt like the Ex version,if you could drop the NRg then attack it would be really good cause you could just keep doing it and luring out other pokemon.

You: "I use lumeneon to deal horrible damage for what it costs and achieve a knock out"
Me: "Thats nice. Wager"
And there goes all of your energy.

thanks for the great ideas!

And I'm not changing my pic rambo I like lickylicky too!!!

You really should.
After you see peoples avatars for about a month, you begin to asscociate them with the persons SN.
So, the really active people all have individual or custom avatars for that reason.

In a couple weeks, when you see rambo's posts, you'll think you posted it :D
(Go for Likintung?)

Let's get back on subject people. newsboy doesn't have to change his avatar for any reason. There are no rules to avatars, and nobody in this thread has the power to force newsboy to change his avatar.

Back