Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Random Questions

QWERT392001

Good Morning everyone!

A couple of questions to start my day off.

1) Are there any Pokemon other than Quilava that have a Char attack?

2) Would Erikas Perfume allow you to make your opponent play a fossil as a basic Pokemon on to his or her bench?

3) Are there any attacks, trainers or powers that would prevent my opponent from playing a special energy card?

Thanks for all the replies?

1) No, but many later cards got the ability to inflict Burn, which is very similar.
2) I believe not -- in the hand, they're still Trainers.
3) I don't think so, but Light Dragonite negates any effects of Special Energy cards other than ones that happen when they're attached, and makes them all provide C-type Energy as opposed to the type(s) they would otherwise provide. Back in Neo-on, I believe it was fairly popular for a while, especially since it could abuse Boost Energy.

Yeah, QWERT's got it right. I think one of the Misty's Tentacools had an attack that you'd flip a coin and if you got heads you opponent couldn't attach an energy to the active pokemon during their next turn. Crystal Beam or something like that.

I believe Char is radically different than burn! Burn end when you bench your Pokemon. Char keeps on affecting your Pokemon, I know of no other attack that can keep on afecting a Pokemon after it has been benched. Huge difference, and make Char a formidale attack!

QWERT392001 said:
...., I know of no other attack that can keep on afecting a Pokemon after it has been benched.
Lightning Rod Electbuzz
Paint Smeargle

From the Oracle Promo:

Electabuzz
Pokémon card
LV. 22 #125
L
60 HP
Basic Pokémon
Weakness: {F}
Resistance: n/a
Retreat cost: {C}
{L}
Lightning Rod Choose 1 of your opponent’s Pokémon and put a Lightning Rod marker on it. (A Pokémon can have only 1 Lightning Rod marker on it at a time.)
{L}{L}
Lightning Bolt This attack does 20 damage to any Pokémon with a Lightning Rod counter on it. Apply Weakness and Resistance.

Smeargle
Pokémon card
LV. 21 #235
{C}
40 HP
Basic Pokémon
Weakness: {F}
Resistance: {P} –30
Retreat cost: {C}
{C} Paint Flip a coin. If heads, choose a type (other than Colorless) and put a Coloring counter on the Defending Pokémon. That Pokémon is now the type you chose. If it already had a Coloring counter, remove the old one. If tails, this attack does nothing.

Back