Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Ranking Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodBlessAmerica

Hey, I have tried to see the Rankings for pokemon in the past few months and they still aren't up. I heard from a few people that it was supposed to be fixed by now.

Anyone hear anything about it and when it may be fixed?

Yes, last we heard it was supposed to be up by the end of 2010.

It's not. No one knows much more than that, sadly, at least as far as I know. I wish they'd say something.

I would not expect thereto be any rankings this season, I think they are experimenting to cut down on people dropping/skipping nats to save thier world invites.

I would not expect thereto be any rankings this season, I think they are experimenting to cut down on people dropping/skipping nats to save thier world invites.

If you look at the unofficial rankings page, people are getting a feel of each others ratings anyway. People are going to get the information no matter what. It's P!P's decision to make it easy or difficult for us

Various people have mentioned that theory, but I'm not buying it. It would be a bit of a breach-of-trust with the player base, since they have specifically said it would be up eventually. There's not advantage to an experiment like that if players are misled and left in the dark, and I don't think OP'd do that.

No one offically has said anything about the rankings not working....so there is not breach of trust if they are down all year long.

Lol @ thinking they are keeping them down on purpose. It's so easy to figure out where you're at. I've been within 5 points of predicting the invite cutoff every year. You can see your own rating. You will know your chances of getting to where you need to be (1855-1860 in Masters this season, assuming there are 40 invites for North America).

If that actually was the reason, then that would be one of the ultimate embarrassments for P!P. DEPRIVING players of information would be extremely disrespectful to us, the people who buy their product and support their game, so I'm pretty sure that's not it.

It's unfortunate that they're not up yet, because I'm sure newer emergent players would benefit much more from it than people who've been around for forever such as myself and Scizor, who've observed countless rating cutoffs to know just about exactly what it takes to make Worlds with our current invite structure (roughly 1850 or better to clinch it).

This is happening quite frequently. The main reason being noticed is the OPT IN to Rankings has been turned off. Go back and check this and make sure you opt in, even if you already have, double check. Several players in my area have done this and it fixed the issue. Good Luck!

If that actually was the reason, then that would be one of the ultimate embarrassments for P!P. DEPRIVING players of information would be extremely disrespectful to us, the people who buy their product and support their game, so I'm pretty sure that's not it.

It's unfortunate that they're not up yet, because I'm sure newer emergent players would benefit much more from it than people who've been around for forever such as myself and Scizor, who've observed countless rating cutoffs to know just about exactly what it takes to make Worlds with our current invite structure (roughly 1850 or better to clinch it).

Johnny, I would normally agree with you. However I think the game's player base has evolved and has risen by incredible levels.( maybe by 20-30% or more)

Therefore there are more points generated and therefore a higher cut-off point. I would expect 1870+, but then again you have 10 times more experience than I have, so I guess we will just have to wait and see.

I myself will only feel comfortable if I can hit a rating of 1900+ in Masters, however that could change once I see the rankings.

Pat Fudge told me im 99.9% sure he lives in wisconsin me and a friend asked if he new and he said Wed. but it might be 2marrow or next Wed. didnt tell me which 1 but ether way cant wait to see were i am!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back