Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Rant on Pokemon-TCG.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Echidna

you know... i rarely try to cause waves or anything, but honestly.... pokemon-tcg.com drives me insane.

its not the layout. the layout is just like op and i think its a pretty good layout. it has what you need where you need it and not to hard to get to.

no, what i DISPISE about the site, are those !@#$ pokeballs on the top.

plain and simple.

i find that the zooming symbols totally detract from the site... it slows everything down, and the sound is deafening. and of course, theres no way to turn it off or disable it or anything, which infuriates me more. then every time you go to a new page... IT STARTS OVER AGAIN! GRRRAR.

now i know that this seems rather miniscule, but i honestly know a number of people that refuse to visit the site simply because of the speed of the site, and the recurrance of the pokeballs.

hopefully if there is enough REASONABLE discussion about this, pui might consider doing something about this. i know im not the only one that dislikes the pokeballs, and im certain that there are other less distracting ways to remind us of the types.

thanks for your time, and hopefully the consideration of removal of the pokeballs :)

I couldn't agree MORE.

I dislike most everything about that site. Too much Flash animation, the red-on-red text, the honeycomb background - I just hate it. And those bleeping sounds! Ugh.

I wish they would "simplify" the page and make it more usable instead of going for "flashiness."

But remember this game is basiclly for the younger people its more aimed at them then the 14+ people. The site is made for kidy people.

~Tormented~

i totally agree too. i don't mind that they're there visually, but the slowdown is just on this side of bearable. but what drives me up the wall is the sound.. the 'doit' sound that goes off on each and every symbol makes me want to turn off the speakers the second i get there. and being one of those people that perpetually has some sort of mp3 player going (yay itunes!), i really dont want to do that. the simple way around it is that i just dont ever go there.

im just thankful that OP doesnt have the flash animation. x-x

The site is alright, but since there are some people that don't like it the way it is...they shoud give us options. They should have a non-Flash site and a Flash site. That should solve some peoples problems with the site and help people that have slow connection. :)

Pokemon-TCG.com was developed by Martini Design. Nintendo asked Martini to create a new website for the Pokemon TCG. The website was created to highlight the graphics and colors of the EX: Ruby and Sapphire set, but was designed to be updated to coincide with future releases. The content was designed to be updated regularly with new content via a custom-designed database system (which obviously has a few flaws). The Organized Play section is controlled by Pokemon USA/POP, while other sections of the site are staffed by Nintendo's webmasters.

Usually sites that are selling or advertising a product for an entertainment value has a very creative layout/design for the site, which always means a heavy amout of multimedia scattered around the page. Sites like Coke.com or Pepsi.com have a heavy amount of the above, as well as such sites on Nintendo.com for each upcoming game. In such situations, the overall design of the site is overshadowed by the need for ease of use (or W3C compliance).

That being said, I don't like how the main header for the site is a flash object and has to reload for each page. A graphic or static version of the animated flash header should be used. I've never enjoyed the constant changing background images per each set release and because of that, I believe I now have ADD. It's not too terribly difficult to stick with one limited (four-six) color scheme for the layout. If a new set is released, you can make an interesting flash animation for the index page. That's just my two cents.
-Phil

NoPoke said:
try it on dial up...

a completely horrible experience

ROFL :lol: I have its just horrible toke like 10 min for it to load thats I have a cable connection now. much faster. But I agree with PokeMasterFlabface who said we should have the option of loading with flash or not.

~Tormented~

Last edited:
I always go straight to orginized play where it doesn't have that. If I go to anothere part of the site then I just turn down the sound on my speakers and I don't notice it.

In this day & age, 30 seconds is way too long for a page to load with 56k.

And the Donk sound has to go. Especially when i'm on there while i'm at work - the noise is longer than my music!

And i hate how it reloads.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back