3x Night Maintenance
3x Switch
2x Celio’s Network
2x Roseanne’s Research
2x Prof. Birch

Energies – 14

11x Fighting energy
3x Multi energy

Strategy – Get out Donphan and start whacking away for 40 and double gust every turn. When you double gust switch to a pokemon that will be protected from your opponent (Remember, they choose first.) I’m sure you’ve seen this idea before, switch to Shuckle if the opponent’s pokemon has any special energies attacked to it, and switch to Mr. Mime if the defending pokemon only has 2 or less energy on it. And even if your opponent plays CC (Or any other tool) to stop your powers and bodies Donphan can dish out 130 to them. :thumb:

New twist! Pelipper was most likely collecting dust in a binder. But, with 30 resistance to fighting and with it’s poke-body “Mist” any Gallade attacking you has to flip prizes over just to damage you! Add that with a special version of the “Fishing Engine” and hopefully you can protect yourself every turn! :thumb:

Strengths include: Protection from Banette, Lucario, and Infernape (Untill they have 3 energies on a pokemon.) Pelipper beats both Murkrow (Which is resistant to Donphan) and Wailord and protects you from Gallade!:biggrin:

Weaknesses Include: Large energy generating non-stage 2 pokemon (Like Magmortar) that don’t use special energies. And snipers (Hence why Dugtrio is in there.)

Note: This is just a rough draft.

Last edited:
Only 2 Birch for a draw? Hm, I'd add 2 of them, seeing that it's your only way to restore your hand size other than drawing your turn card. Other option is to add shuffling draw, as you might end up having your bench full and hand full of pokémon you can't place anywhere. Also, GG is more than happy to be able to use your Celios, so you should trust your balls in this (no pun intented).

20 Pokémon is perhaps a bit much for this... Mr. Mime line is propably your first choice to stall, then Shuckle, and Pelipper only in emergency situations (endgame against Gallade, who switches to Gardevoir at that point anyway).

You're not using any DRE/Scramble (I would), so consider Crystal Beach as your stadium choice.

Also, your opponent will propably like to switch a lot with all the protection, so Skarmory EX might fit in as a tech... You can fetch it with Roseanne if you decide to use them (I maybe wouldn't, even that's pretty much to give for GG), or just replace Great Balls with Duals (you can't use Great Balls if your bench is full, anyway).

Also, everything with Warp in it's name is a good play in Donphan deck.

I've played Gyarados (Big-HP Gallade wall & Magmortar counter) and Mismagius (Scrambled to OHKO the big-energied pokémon in play) variations of Donphan, and they have given a run for their money to most of the decks. If Pelipper doesn't work as well as you would like, consider replacing it with a secondary attacker to counter your weaknesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back