Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Rare candy?

doveeree

The card rare candy reads, "Choose one of your basic pokemon in play. If you have a stage 1 of stage 2 Pokemon in play that evolves from that Pokemon in your hand, put that card on the Basic Pokemon (This counts as evolving that pokemon.)"

I have a few questions about this:

1. A Pokemon Leage some people there who have been playing the Pokemon TCG from the begining basically say that you can use this trainer on your first turn or on the turn you played the basic pokemon but only can evolve it the Stage 1 evolution card not stage 2. I don't understand why you can't got straight to stage 2, can someone please clarify?

2. One a matter related to rare candy and what it reads I would like to ask about Baby Pokemon and their pokepower Baby Evolution (now this means nothing if you can't use rare candy to evolve your pokemon on the turn you play it) the power reads on a pichu card from mysterious treasures,"once during your turn(before your attack), you many put pikachu from your hand onto Pichu (this counts as evolving Pichu) and remove all damage counters from Pichu).
So this card reads kind of the same as rare candy (not exactly) if you can rare candy into a stage 1 pokemon on your first turn you should be able to baby Evolution into Pikachu on the turn you play Pichu. Imput Please.

1. With the new rules, the player that goes first can't play ANY trainers (or supporters or Stadiums) on their first turn. However, if you are going second, you CAN play it on your first turn. Since you can play it, you can do whatever it says you can do, including using it on a Basic you just played and going all the way from Basic to Stage 2.
Your League members are wrong on that last point.

2. You can use Baby Evolution on your first turn, even if you went first. You can also use it the turn that you played down the Pokemon with Baby Evolution.

Back