Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

rarest x from rr

luxray! :p free retreat, sweet power....maybe gallade as well. a lot of good combos going to happen....time will tell.

alakazam...maybe for the power, thats about it. flygon will be good, but people will tech against it massively because its the big card coming out. im digging the gallade personally. i <3 spread decks.

Kazam will be good.
Gallade will be hard to get.
Flygon because it's easy to play, another "noob" deck if you will (which isn't necessarily a bad thing)
Luxray? No, I just don't really like it, good for donk or a disruptive Turn 1 kill, which isn't too bad, but that bench damage is hard unless you have something that can prevent it

Aalkazam is terrible and will see little play. * I can't help but laugh at how well Pokemon has been able to skip Kadbra while still using Alakazam though.)

Flygon followed by Gallade, followed by Infernape:pokeball:

My friend got 2 zam xs in his BET box, so if i need one, i can borrow 1 from him, im lucky! back on topic, i think that Flygon will be the Dialga G X of this set and Zam x will be the Palkia G lvX of this set. meaning Flygon 'll be the mad hard card to get and Zam 'll be the 2nd hardest card to get

Aalkazam is terrible and will see little play.

Seriously...?
Move around all the damage on my side of the board, as much as I like?
That's terrible?

Alakazam and Flygon will be the hardest to get in trade. Not sure how actual rarity will go, but I bet I'm gonna get everything but the lv.x I need.

Seriously...?
Move around all the damage on my side of the board, as much as I like?
That's terrible?

Alakazam and Flygon will be the hardest to get in trade. Not sure how actual rarity will go, but I bet I'm gonna get everything but the lv.x I need.

Well there's two awesome scenarios for Alakazam. Scenario 1:
Move 7 damage counter onto a Crobat, Poketurn to remove all damage, replay to place one on anything. Rinse repeat.
Move x damage counters onto pokemon with (X+1)x10 HP, use TGTM to move the damage onto the defending for OHKO.

This also would allow you to move all damage counters to one pokemon, instead of letting something get knocked out by spread. How is this terrible?

i hope that for 1, they have the tins with X's. then i hope they have: flygon, alakazam, gallade X's. this would make them a lot easier to get :p

I think that it will be something around the flygon, alakazam, and luxray (which can be effectively played with quagsire gl and pt manectric)

Flygon lv x and alakazam are going to be a pain to get. Gallade and luxray will be the next hard to get lv x's.

Yeah, you can pretty much do anything with the whole Alakazam+PokeTurn thing. I am thinking of playing it with Turtwig GL, allowing you to move the damage to Turtwig, activate it's body, and remove the damage as if it wasn't there. Alakazam is a huge competitor, other than the fact that dumb Flygon can swing for 150 at your guys, unless you play a tech to protect your bench.

People who think Alakazam is bad probably oughta look at all the possible combos

kazam+manectric (PT) could be fun. move like 70 damage to all your pokes, and then they can't hurt you, also protects from flygon X.

What are there... Flygon, Infernape 4, Hippowdon, Alakazam 4, Luxray GL, Floatzel GL, Mismagius GL & Gallade 4.

Let's start with the bottom of the barrel.
Hippowdon, Floatzel GL and Mismagius GL

Hippowdon's Power might be a reason to play it. Power Spray stops it from being used again, yes?
Floatzel's Body might be good for a tech, but its attacks are awful.
Mismagius' Power might be good for moving those Unown Gs and Memory Berries... the attack isn't AWFUL awful... maybe it belongs in my next catagory.

Mid-tier
Luxray GL, Infernape 4, Alakazam 4, SNORLAX

Luxray's Power can easily be abused with Poké-turn. The attacks are decent enough, but I hate an attack that damages your own Pokémon... for 30. However, there are cards to get around it... Quagsire GL and Manectric.
Infernape has a fun Power with some decent attacks. Fire has been a risky type to play lately due to Kingdra; it'd be a OHKO for 1 Energy - not cool.
Alakazam 4's Power might be cool and tricksy, but its attacks are near useless. 30 or 50 for 2/3 Energy? Pass - not really worth the drop. I was all psyched up for this card to play it with Turtwig GL, but I don't think it's anything more than a fun deck.
SNORLAX WAS JUST ANNOUNCED AND COULD HAVE SOME HEAT ON IT. ATTACKS WHILST ASLEEP. ABLE TO HEAL ITSELF AND HAS DRAW.

Now, in my opinion, the most sought after cards will be Gallade 4 and Flygon.

Gallade 4 is everything a spread player wants in Power and attacks. You can abuse the Power with Poké-turn and ... well, that's enough, isn't it? Plus, it's a cool Pokémon that people have loved to play in the past...err.
Flygon says, "bring on the techs." Its Stage 2 from the set gives free retreat to anything as long as it has a basic Energy card of its type attached, welcoming all those techs you love to play but have those gross 3 retreat costs. It snipes for a OHKO to one of its treats - Dialga G LvX. It takes apart your opponent's deck turn by turn. People call it a n00b card, but it's the one I'm looking to grab, personally.

/story

Last edited:
Back