Substitute
Baton Pass

Snorlax Holding Leftovers:
EVed in Sp.Def and HP
Sleep Talk
Rest
Crunch
Body Slam

This team starts with Umbreon who uses mean look to trap their starter pokemon. Then uses Substitute to protect himself from any exploding pokemon. Then uses Yawn to Put said pokemon to sleep and Baton Passes.

Smeargle is Next who immediately uses Trick to Swap the Choice Scarf with said pokemon to trap them using the same move over and over again. Smeargle will use Ingrain and Spore if Need be. Maybe even substitute then baton passes.

Ninjask is next. His job is to alternate between protect and substitute to raise the speed of the team. If he gets a chance he will use swords dance to take some of the edge off Scizor later. Baton passes with enough of a speed boost.

Vaporeon is next who uses Aqua ring and does acid armor as many times as I see fit and baton passes.

Scizor then uses Iron defense or Swords dance to pick up any last needed boosts and baton passes.

The last stop is Snorlax who wipes the floor with all 6 of my opponents pokemon.

I am looking for any flaws in my team. Obviously Umbreon needs to survive to set everything up. I know that if my opponent starts with a pokemon that knows whirlwind, I will be screwed. And if the trapped pokemon knows explosion, I will hopefully cover that with a substitute. Another problem, is if when I use Trick, said pokemon is carrying another choice item. That will also mess up everything. Can you see any others?

I know that some of the flaws I cannot fix, and its just how the game goes, but I tried to cover as many problems as I could

Mmkay.

Replace Snorlax for a Floatzel. Give it Bulk Up/Pass/Waterfall/Taunt.

Replace Iron Defense on Scizor, and Swords Dance. Give it X-scissor and Iron Head.

Why? Even at +6, Snorlax does get beaten.

Floatzel lead too.

I'm sayin' stuff can outpace him. He probably won't die, but he is a bad recipient. Scizor can Bpass out if there is a threat and go to Floatzel.

Yes there are a lot of things that can out speed him, but not if the speed is maxed out from Ninjask. Snorlax will body slam and kill most in one hit. My opponent will not have a chance to do anything. I do know that this whole team is risky because if my chain is broken, I lose, but I am okay with that

Examples as to why?

I really like my 519hp snorlax with Thick Fat (Only weak to fighting as to Fire with Scizor) that ends up being faster than all of my opponents pokemon, hitting extremely hard. And if I take damage, I have three different ways to heal at the end of each turn, plus I can use Rest for three turns, and have a great opportunity to use an attacking move while I am asleep

Last edited:
But Lax can't pass out if it's in danger.

It doesn't really matter tho; you could use Mothim as a receiver and still probably be fine with +6 in everything.

Umm...If your snorlax get's KO'd, let's say by Sheer cold for kicks - your entire team cannot do anything but stall.
I know it is a BP team, but you cannot put all your eggs in one basket. Also, critical hits ignore stat changes, so a crit will ignore the iron defense and acid armors. If you plan on having a BP team, you should expect a long drawn out battle and taking your share critical hits.

You need attacking moves on each one of these. a single taunt means you are going to be using struggle, and taunt is WAY overused. Here are some considerations for attacking moves:
-Umbreon's are predictable. They know how to do one thing, Tank. I say either sucker punch or mud slap would help.
-Smeargle is another predictable Pokemon. Even though it can learn anything, it can only use a little exceptionally. Trick and spore are two of the most common - for a reason. Endeavor would be an option i would look into.
-Ninjask needs x-scissor. Aerial ace is another option.
-Vaproeon uses surf nicely, but it is predictable as vaporeon can do very little attacking wise (until B/W - Boiling water). Surf, Ice Beam, or Icy wind for vaporeon.
-Scisor. Without Bullet Punch? Scizor NEEDS bullet punch. Always. Out of 17,000+ uses for July, 94.6% of them had bullet punch for a reason. Technician + bullet punch = OHKO's.
-Snorlax uses both Body slam and return very well. I personally go with Returns 102 power over the 85+PRZ. Crunch covers ghost - but what about steels like heatran and scizor? I would say drop crunch for EQ, but that is just me. It comes down to preference.

there you go - my thoughts on your team. I wish you luck in your battles.

Your team is 3 starters, 1 actual attacker, 1 mediocre tank, and a bulky water.

Choose ninjask, umbreon, or smeargle. Then get 2 more attackers like heatran, and a gyarados. Then get rid of vaporeon for a celebi.

You guys are completely missing the point. Yes I know that if Snorlax dies, I am left with nothing. But the sole purpose of this team is to power up snorlax so he will not die. And by locking the trainer with one pokemon and one move, they will not have much that they can do to stop me. Yes, taunt will mess me up if their starter knows it, but not a lot of starts know taunt. I know whirlwind will stop me as well, if their starter knows whirlwind. But the intention is to lock them before that can occur. If I can lock them, then Whirlwind will be useless because I will be ingrained. If I get snorlax powered up, he will be faster than everything and will OHKO pretty much anything, including ghosts. That is how this team is supposed to work. I know its risky because I have no back up plan, but thats the point. Its an all out team. And every pokemon that is passing plays a role. Nothing can be changed, no pokemon are being switched. I wanted your opinion on how it is supposed to run

I played against this team, and lost to it. But this team is exactly that: suicide on your part if the set up fails. If this is the play style design and have fun doing so- keep with the team the way it is.

I would not count on using this in a more competative setting. (IMO). It does not work well in the fact that too many "unknown" factors could disrupt your plan. Leave this team up to "just for fun" department.

I would also add a few attack moves on some of the Pokies as well. You become predictable and you have not many means of getting rid of a pokie that can dish out the ko's on ya if ya have not set up enough.

Props to you that the continuouse risks paid off- a rematch battle another time- but don't count on the "unknown" factors to go in your favor everytime as far as the luck ya had in that battle- especialy with this team.

Needs a celebi for the lead for sure. One of the best baton passers. That or maybe an espeon. Just wouldn't be a baton pass team missing those pokemon. And you need to specify your EV values. Also, IV values? And to be a successful baton pass team you need much more solid attackers. Speedy attackers like heatran, infernape, gyarados, and etc. Umbreon, smeargle, snorlax, vaporeon and maybe ninjask need to go. Upgrade to a more aggressive team to see competitive prospect and winning results. PM me if you would like more detailed help.

You guys are completely missing the point. Yes I know that if Snorlax dies, I am left with nothing. But the sole purpose of this team is to power up snorlax so he will not die. And by locking the trainer with one pokemon and one move, they will not have much that they can do to stop me. Yes, taunt will mess me up if their starter knows it, but not a lot of starts know taunt. I know whirlwind will stop me as well, if their starter knows whirlwind. But the intention is to lock them before that can occur. If I can lock them, then Whirlwind will be useless because I will be ingrained. If I get snorlax powered up, he will be faster than everything and will OHKO pretty much anything, including ghosts. That is how this team is supposed to work. I know its risky because I have no back up plan, but thats the point. Its an all out team. And every pokemon that is passing plays a role. Nothing can be changed, no pokemon are being switched. I wanted your opinion on how it is supposed to run

Just azelf, aerodactle, infernape, deoxys.....

Well I guess I haven't gotten as competitive as some of you. From what I have encountered, this team works.. Guess I need to put more work into it =/

Back