Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

RATE MY CARDS!!! I need reviews!

PorygonX

I'm going to make a set of LOTS Lv. X cards. After I get some posted please review them like you would with the Card of the Day. Here's my first 2. I'll get the next two in the NEXT POST! Review like you would on CoTD!

Tentacruel Lv. X 130HP :water:

:pbody: Retaliating Sting

Whenever an attack does damage to Tentacruel(even if Tentacruel is knocked out.) put 1 damage counter on the attacking pokemon and the attacking pokemon is now poisoned.

:water::water::water: Jellyfish Drain 60

Remove damage counters from Tentacruel equal to half the amount of damage done to the defending pokemon.(after applying weakness and resistance.)(rounded to the nearest 10.)

:water::water::water: Stinging Sensation 20x

This attack does 20 damage times the number of energy attatched to all of your opponent's pokemon. Tentacruel cannot attack during your next turn.

W::lightning x2 R:none RC: 0

Pachirisu Lv. X 100HP :lightning

:pbody: Family Visions

As long as Pachirisu is in play, all :lightning type pokemon(excluding Lv. X) on your side of the field, in your deck, and in your discard pile are treated as basic pokemon. You must still evolve any other types of evolved pokemon if neccesary.

:lightning :lightning Spark 40

Flip a coin, if heads the defending pokemon is now paralyzed. If tails Pachirisu does 10 damage to itself and 10 damage to one of your opponent's benched pokemon.

W: :fighting: +30 R: none RC: 0

What do you guys think as the first two of my set? They were made to go with their original forms! Rate and Review!

I EDITED PACHIRISU!!

Last edited:
Tentacruel Lv.X - 9/10 A very good card, but not really unrealistic.

Pachirisu Lv.X - 10 X 9.9^100/10 Way, way, way too insane. I just read it's Poké-Body, and if it does what I think it does (play a Stage-2 from your hand as a basic), it's just too good. Impossibly so.

I edited Pachirisu to make it somewhat less broken.:lol: I got rid of his attack and limited the ability of family visions.

It doesn't matter how many can be "used", they wouldn't stack otherwise. The Retaliating Sting is like the Sharpedo with an additional Poison, which would do 20 more, so that's 4 damage counters for attacking it. The Drain is too good, 60 for 2 is good already, but healing by 30 as well? Stinging Sensation seems about right.

They are both BROKEN by far.

Man.....is every pokemon I make BROKEN? Sheesh.....:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: sorry.....if you read my signature you'd understand....:lol:

Broken. Broken. Broken. Broken. :nonono:

12/10 for Tentacruel's Brokenness, 5/10 for it's creativity

Pachi gets 10000/10 for brokenness, 3/10 for creativity

Okay....here's my next Lv. X of the set....

Slowbro Lv. X 130HP :water:

:ppowr:Odd Thoughts

Whenever one of your opponent's pokemon attacks any active Slowbro(including this one.) on your side of the field you may use this power. Before declaring an attack your opponent must flip 2 coins, If both are heads your opponent cannot declare an attack for that turn and you must discard a card from your hand. If both are tails, randomly discard one card from your opponent's hand and any one card from your hand.

:ppowr: Sudden Burst of Intelligence

Once during your turn you may use this power. Discard as many cards as you'd like from the top of your deck. When Slowbro attacks that attack does it's original damage plus an extra 20 damage for each trainer card discarded.(after applying weakness and resistance.) You cannot add more than 60 damage in this way.

W::lightning x2 R: None RC: :colorless:colorless:colorless

Slowbro Lv. 49 90HP :water:

:water::psychic::colorless: Psychic Waves 50

Flip a coin, if heads discard an energy attatched to the defending pokemon.

:psychic::psychic::colorless: Recycled Psychic

Flip a coin for as many trainer cards in your discard pile as you'd like, this attack does 20 damage times the number of heads. And 10 damage times the number of tails. You cannot deal more than 100 damage in this way.

W::lightning +30 R: none RC: :colorless:colorless:colorless

I editied it a tiny bit.....

Last edited:
For one thing, you need to use [C] on your non-[C] Pokemon more, you have 4 attacks on this thread using 3 Energy each, and none of them use any [C]. Also, Recycled Plastic and Sudden Burst of Intelligence should both have some kind of limit. And stopping half of all attacks with 140 HP is way too good. Just edit it. You're getting better.

Alright, I see improvement. That's a good thing.

Odd Thoughts is broken. Sudden Burst of Intelligence is interesting, and Recycled Psychic... why wouldn't you flip the coins?

YAY! I hope I can improve enough for the contest. So....is Slowbrow my best yet? what do you give it out of 10? Just rate it like you would with Card of the DAy.

MY NEXT LV. X!! Yay!

Lickilicky Lv. X 140HP :colorless

:pbody: Extending Tounge Link

All of the Lickilickys you have in play(including this one.) can target any pokemon on your opponent's bench.(active pokemon can still be targeted.)

:colorless:colorless: Lashing Licking 30x

Flip a number of coins equal to the number of Lickitung and Lickilicky you have in play. This attack does 30 damage times the number of heads.

:colorless:colorless:colorless Body Crush 120

Flip a coin, if heads Lickilicky does 40 damage to itself. If tails, This attack does nothing.

W::fighting:x2 R:None RC::colorless:colorless:colorless:colorless

Shuckle Lv. X 90HP

:pbody: Sticky Poison Leak

In between turns put extra damage counters on your opponent's Poisoned pokemon equal to the number of turns Shuckle Lv. X has been your active pokemon. You can't put more than 4 extra damage counters on a poisoned pokemon in this way. If an active pokemon is not already poisoned that pokemon is now poisoned. Defending poisoned pokemon pay :colorless: :colorless: more when they choose to retreat. You must put a counter on Shuckle for each turn it has remained your active pokemon.

:ppowr: Sturdy Shell

Once during your opponent's turn when an attack does damage to Shuckle Lv. X you may use this power. Flip 5 coins. For each heads, reduce the damage dealt by 20. For every tails, don't reduce damage.

W:+30 R: RC::colorless:colorless :colorless

Rate and review this and expect to see the following Lv. X/Lv. X lines coming in the near future.....
(I got school starting so I will not be posting things as often as I must concentrate on my HomeWork more but I'll get to this when I have free time....it'll be more often than I'm making it seem.)
Giratina Lv. X
Heracross Lv. X
Wobbuffet Lv. X

Last edited:
OKAY!! Time for.....

Staraptor Lv. X 130HP :colorless

:ppowr: Controlled Intimidation
Whenever an opponent's attack does damage to Staraptor or any of your Active Pokemon in play you may use this power. Discard as up to 8 cards from the top of your deck as you'd like. Once you have discarded the cards you chose to reduce the damage done by 10 times the number of Pokemon discarded in this way. You can't reduce damage done by more than 60 in this way.

:colorless:colorless OverKill 150

Before doing damage search your discard pile for 6 pokemon named either Starly, Staravia, or Staraptor and shuffle them into your deck. If you cannot find 6 then this attack fails. After doing damage flip a coin, if heads choose one card from your opponent's hand and discard it If tails, Staraptor does 70 damage to itself.

W::lightningx2 R::fighting:-30 RC:None

Staraptor LV. 56 110HP :colorless

:colorless Blow away

Flip a coin, if heads choose one pokemon on your opponent's bench and shuffle it and all cards attatched to it into your opponent's deck.

:colorless:colorless:colorless Brave Dive 120-

This attack does 120 damage minus 10 damage times the number of damage counters on Staraptor.

W::lightning+30 R::fighting:-20 RC::colorless

How's this? I think it's good. Do you guys think it's broken as always or is it miraculously good?!

Last edited:
Controlled Intimidation needs to be reworded, the way it is right now you can discard over 6 cards anyway, it just wouldn't help the damage reduction, but it would help OverKill too much.

Alright, here is what I think of and problems I can see with the cards made so far.

Tentacruel Lv. X - It's HP is just a touch too high for what it should be, 110 or 120 would be more reasonable for a giant jellyfish. W/R/RC all look nice though.

Retaliating Stinging needs to just be Retaliating Sting, can't have a noun with -ing on the end of it. Small detail but... The effect is nice though.

Jellyfish Drain - Good, not too powerful yet not weak. It does need to say either (Rounded up to the nearest 10.) or (Rounded down to the nearest 10.) as it may a difference if it was a real card.

Stinging Sensation - Nice, good, plenty of power with an easily overcame weakness.

Overall, 8.5/10. Not format changing but it would be used and tested.

Pachirisu Lv. X - Nice HP, not a ton but not too little. But the Retreat Cost should be 1, 0 is special and should be for only the quickest of pokemon.

Family Visions - Unique, and has plenty of combinations. BUT, it is broken as is. As is, someone could play pokemon fan club and grab ANY two non lv.X pokemon and play them as basics on their bench. Overall I feel that it should only effect your side of the field, or only :lightning type pokemon. Also, this phrase 'You cannot use more than one Family visions pokebody per turn.' is pointless on a non-stacking poke-body like this. Overall is should turn out somewhat like this,

Poke-body: Family Visions
As long as Pachirisu is in play, all ~:lightning type~ pokemon(excluding Lv. X) on your side of the field~, in your deck, and in your discard pile~ are treated as basic pokemon. You must still evolve any evolved pokemon if neccesary.

Either way, I think it should be changed/reworded somehow.

Spark - Nice, nothing much to say here.

Overall, 9.5/10. This thing could change the format if it was used/worded properly/inproperly.

Slowbro Lv. X - Too much HP again, 100, 110, or 120 would be more reasonable. RC is also too high really, 2 is enough... he isn't THAT slow.

Odd Thoughts - Beautiful, unique, I love it. It shouldn't say 'If both coins have different outcomes this power doesn't do anything.' though, leave it blank, if it doesn't do anything it's fine blank.

Sudden Burst of Intelligence - Nice, makes a rather weak attacker possibly better.

Non-Lv.X Slowbro - Alover pretty good, although the RC could be 1 less.

Overall, 8.75/10 Not too bad, I could see a few good uses in it.

Lickilicky Lv. X - Nice HP, good W/R/RC, no big out of place things.

Extending Tounge Link - BR0KeN! Too good, the bench pokemon are bench pokemon for a reason, doing 120 to any pokemon is too much.

Lashing Lick Attack - Take out 'attack' in the name, it just doesn't sound right... Other than that it's a decent attack.

Body Crush - Nice! 120 for triple C is awesome.

Overall, 13/10. F-F-F-Format breaker! This thing would be almost unbeatable as it is. No tech pokemon are safe in the face of the almighty Lickilicky!

Shuckle Lv. X - Nice, RC should be one less, but the rest of the base is all good.

Sticky Poison Leak - Needs to be redone, it is too hard to understand. Sorry about that, nice effect though.

Sturdy Shell - Nice! Once again though, tails does nothing so 'For every tails, don't reduce damage.' in unnessisary.

Overall, 7.9/10. Good, not main deck material or something huge but it is nice.

Staraptor Lv. X - It's base is nice. Nothing to change here.

Controlled Intimidation - Love it, kind of like an adverse to Odd Thoughts. But, it is broken when placed directly with Overkill, needs to be redone so it isn't... Errr... Overkill.

OverKill - Awesome, amazing, unique, and dare I say it? Overkill!

Non-Lv. X Staraptor -Decent all around, Brave Bird may be a little too overpowered, maybe 100 - would be better or (C)(C)(C)(C).

Overall, 11/5. Just a little broken, it this was a real card it may overpower everything else.

There, those are all my thoughts on your line of pokemon. Overall they look pretty good.

Last edited:
Thanks! i wanted a review how YOU did it. Each one thougrouly reviewed! THANKS! I'll make any neccesary changes.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Okay everyone!! Time for 3 count em' 3! Lv. X cards! YAY! I'll do 2 in the next post and then one in the next due to image number amounts. I'll get to them later....they'll be Medicham Lv. X, Wobbuffet Lv. X, and Giratina Lv. X.

Last edited:
Back