Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Ratings Report Error?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checked my rating, and thought I was a few points short of where I should be. Checked the match history, and it shows my top 4 opponent Chris as being a 1600 (no way, at least 1800) and me getting 0.00 points for the win. Whats goin on?

They probably reported your opponent as having the wrong POP ID.

Let PUI know what happened, and they should get it fixed in a few days.

You are the second one to have this with Chris...I will look back and see what I can do...

I do not have his original registration info, as I think Pete took that back with him to Seattle.

I will report.

PUI has been e-mailed with the error and details.

Vince

Last edited:
Chuck -

Can you view your rating vs your opponent's rating at the time of the match?

or

Are you looking at the overal rating of Chris?

Thanks,

This happend to my son Thomas A. The SW reports him playing a 1600 in Round 5 of Swiss and getting zero points.........

Thanks for the info Pop and Anthony.

PokeDaddy

might have been an error in reporting his POP ID.
Send an email to [email protected]

NO, NO, NO. Please stop giving this advice. I have tried to squash this misinformation a couple of times but it keeps cropping up again.

Sending BigChuck’s question to tournaments@ will only result in us telling him to contact the organizer.

POP does not have the information necessary to fix a problem like this without input from the organizer. We might be able to discern the nature of the problem from the uploaded match results, but we will not know the correct information. The organizer has the tournament file and registration records, POP does not. We must get this information directly from the organizer. We will not make changes to uploaded tournament results solely on input from players.

The correct procedure is to tell your organizer that there is a problem. The organizer should then look for the discrepancy between the uploaded match results and what actually occurred. The organizer then contacts POP and tells us what is incorrect and what the correct outcome is. If your organizer does not take action, then you should contact POP about it.

I will use BigChuck’s situation as an example because I have already heard from Vince, received the information I needed and corrected the issue. (In this case the information happened to be that Vince had given the pertinent decklist to me, but that is not the usual situation.)

First let us follow PokePop’s advice. BigChuck writes to POP and lets us know that he is not getting ranking points from his top 4 opponent. I look at the match results and see that BigChuck’s opponent is a 10 year old named Rebekah. While this is obviously incorrect, there is nothing I can do about it because I don’t know who BigChuck’s opponent really was. Even if BigChuck can tell me that his opponents name was Chris, I can’t do anything because I need the POP ID #. In addition we are required to get this information from the organizer, not from a player.

The correct process is for BigChuck to contact Vince and let him know that he is not getting rating points for his top 4 opponent. Vince then looks at the uploaded match results for BigChuck’s top 4 match. Vince discovers that the uploaded opponent is Rebekah and that the actual opponent is Chris. He is able to do this because he has the tournament file and registration records. Vince contacts POP and tells them that Rebekah needs to be replaced with Chris X, POP ID # 1234567, Birthdate mm/dd/yyyy.

My apologizes Pete. I was one who sent a note to PUI at the email address listed above.

I have already contacted Tom Shea.

Sincerely,
Steve

But I just like to keep you busy.... :tongue:

OK, OK, I'll give the correct info next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back