1 Super Rod
3 Switch
2 Skyarrow Bridge
1 Victory Piece

ENERGY:

8 Lightning
5 Fire

Hi guys I am new to the Forum!
So I have been toying with the good old Ray/Eels deck.
I add Victini to the mix as I really like his 'Turbo Energise' especially if I can get Victory Piece down fast he
starts dealing some serious damage to EX's or getting Rayquazza stocked up on energy fast!
Although he is 110hp he has normally delt more damage and got you all set up by the time he gets the KO.

The reason for Eelektross is to counter Siglyph and Klinklang. I am still undecided as to which one I will
choose and I may add one of each. Please let me know what you recon!

The rest of the deck is pretty self explanatory as it is an old deck...

Let me know your ideas please!

Last edited:
I run thus deck as (went 6-2 at florida states with it) well so here are a few suggestions.
-1 Rayquaza EX
+1 Promo Rayquaza
Great against Sig and the mirror.

-2 Cilan
-1 Skyla
+3 N
Better supporter in the end.

-2 Energy Switch
+2 Colress
Great in this deck and you really don't need 3 e. Switch.

-1 Ultra
-1 Level
+1 Tool Scrapper
+1 Super Rod

-1 Eelectross
+1 Victini EX
You want to make sure you start Victini.

-2 RR
+1 Victini (v-create)
+1 Zekrom

I really like your ideas!
Only ones i question are:

-2 RR
+1 Victini (v-create)
+1 Zekrom

Could you explain why you recon this will be better?
I have found E.switch really useful when I can afford to move my Rayquazza back i can move it forward instead of switching him back and forth if I only have one

I run Zekrom in my Ray-Eels deck simply because 2 of the top decks (just check state tourney results)right now, Landorus-Mewtwo-Tornadus and LMT with Garbodor use Tornadus EX. Zekrom can easily 1HKO that Poké. Secndly, it's a good starter (opponents will think twice before attacking it, especially if they can't KO it because of a follow-on Outrage attack), nt easily donked. lastly, it "fits" into the them of the deck since you are running L energy.

I do prefer Reshiram over Victini (V-create) though since, like Zekrom, it has 130 HP (almost 2x that of Victini), does not require a full bench to attack, and is more versatile with 2 attacks.

Last edited:
A few additional thoughts:

-2 Energy Switch. There is a good chance that the Fire energy will be Hammer'ed away.
+1 Energy Retrieval. Fantastic card to get the required Fire energy from your discard pile.
+1 Super Rod. Your Tynamos will be prime Catcher-KO targets early game. So, this will help with Poké recovery.

-1 Random Receiver,
-1 Level Ball,
(I run 3 and that works fine for me)
+1 N
+1 Colress.
For additional card draw support.

With only 1 Victory Piece, you may find that it may not deliver the expected return on the card slot investment. If so, consider replacing that with either Mewtwo EX or Computer Search.

Two quick notes, I would do some testing with Dowsing machine. I love Victory Piece, but it may just not be the best play since the rise in garbador will mean a rise in scrapper. Depending on your meta of course. And try to make room for a third skyarrow. The average Lazers list runs 3 virbank and that extra damage really messes this deck up.

Two quick notes, I would do some testing with Dowsing machine. I love Victory Piece, but it may just not be the best play since the rise in garbador will mean a rise in scrapper. Depending on your meta of course. And try to make room for a third skyarrow. The average Lazers list runs 3 virbank and that extra damage really messes this deck up.

I'll look into it! The Victory piece is for lots of damage first and second turn. I know he will be KO'd early but he can win a quick early game in some cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back