Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Rayquaza C X

Status
Not open for further replies.

squirtlesquad

Hi, this is a little idea I've been tinkering with lately, but it needs help to become "good". So lets see if I can get some help from fellow builders in here.
The list

The pokemon: 18

Rayquaza C x2
Rayquaza C LV X x2
Staraptor FB x2
Staraptor FB X
Sableye x3 Stormfront
Porygon GE x2
Porygon 2 GE x2
Uxie LA x3
Unown G x1

The trainers: 29

Lookers Investigation x4
Roseannes Research x4
Flint's Willpower x4
Cyrus' Conspiracy x2
Team Galactic's Invention Energy Gain x2
Premier Ball x2
Team Galactic's Invention SP Radar x2
VS Seeker x3
Pokemon Rescue x3
Warp Point x2
Night Maintenance

Energy: 13
3xFighting Energy
3x Psychic Energy
3xWater Energy
4xSP Energy

The Pokemon
Rayquaza C

The base of the deck, obviously without him we cannot run the X, his first attack trash burst is pretty descent, and it has great synergy with the X's body and Bronzong SF, whom we will talk about later.

Rayquaza C LV X
This will be your main attacker, 200 is -for me- unheard off, no pokemon in the game can survive this, except maybe a Machamp X with a lucky heads, but that's beside the point. For 4 different types of energy W,P,F,C this guy will get you a prize, however, if you attack and happen to have cards in your hand your Rayquaza will lose all the energies attached to it. So the deck will focus on trying to attack with him as much as possible, without having to pay these consequences.

Staraptor FB
This basic is horrible, it just is, I mean, I don't think anyone would run him if given the chance to run the X by it self, other X's have lousy pokemon that they have to level up from, but this imo is in the top 3 worst ones, and I will only run it because the X will prove vital to this decks strategy.

Staraptor FB X
Ok, this deck will prove to be a fully charged Rayquaza's best friend, once per turn this will allow you to search for a supporter card and put it into your hand, this will prove vital before and after finishing set up, this is the card that will allow you to get flint's willpower to charge your Rayquaza and Lookers to deplete your hand in an instant. His attack is descent, Cx3 for 40 is kinda lame, but with broken time space running rampant, you will more often than not be hitting for 70, which is not so bad on itself considering it might hinder the opponents evolution by a couple turns if done properly.

Sableye SF
Ok, wether I open with this guy or not it doesn't matter, this guy is good, just good, super I might say in the deck, just using roseannes, early on in the game or mimicking lookers on the turn before I unleash Rayquaza, this guy can make it happen.

Uxie LA
Yes I know, this goes against the whole Rayquaza strategy of no cards in hand but I find that early in the game before you get everything ready some speedy acceleration is needed and this guy can provide it.

Porygon
I really like Calculate, on the opening turns, but he's really here just to make way for number 2

Porygon 2
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH TEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Well that doesnt tell you much does it, download is easily one of the most overlooked and powerful pokepowers in the game. 70 HP is really bad, but really you never want this guy out in front. But back to download. This is prolly another piee of machinery that makes the deck run prett good. Just my own supporter for the turn, then Download and follow with Impersonate. If 3 supporters per turn don't get you the set up you want, then I don't know what will.

Unown G
Gengar tech, nuff said. Really, that's all I run him for, the added protection from status inflictment via attacks is just icing on the cake to me =P
The Trainers

Lookers Investigation
Once you have your entire setup this will be the main card you want to use before attacking, it will allow you to shuffle any number of cards in your hand and draw "UP TO" 5, meaning you can draw none whatsoever if you so wish it, allowing you to hit with your full charged Rayquaza C LV X without discarding all energies on him.

Roseanne's Research
If ever there was a staple, this is it. This card allows you to get 2 of anything basic on your deck. I really don't think I need to stretch how good this card is.

Flint's Willpower
This is the card that will help you be ready. Putting another energy in your hand not only help deplete your hand, it also helps putting those so needed energies in your Rayquaza C faster .

Cyrus' Conspiracy
At first I wasn't to sure if I wanted to include this in here, if it wasn't because you have to get another supporter I would include 4 of this card, that way I would only get the energy and the tool, making faster and better in this particular deck.

Team Galactic Invention Energy Gain
4 Energies is too much for an attack, this will eliminate the need of teh colorless on Rayquaza C LV X attack, allowing you to hit with only 3 energies.

Premier Ball
120 is ok for what is basically a stage 1 pokemon, but it's still pretty vulnerable to OHKO's, speciall from Flygon, so this is needed to get him back in the game more than to get him into the game. Also Staraptor is crucial to the Strategy so I need him out fast as well.

Team Galactic Invention SP Radar
I love the fact that you have to put 1 card in your hand on top of your deck. Also this has no restrictons on what SP pokemon you can get. If you get an X and level up on the same turn you just got rid of 3 cards in your hand.

VS Seeker
This will help you get your lookers back from the discard pile after you have used them all up.

Pokemon Rescue
The deck does not run that many Pokemon, so once they are gone you need to get them back to try and start a new set up.

Warp Point
This is here just to put Bronzong in the bench in case you're forced to start with him, hopefully running only two of him will help you avoid this as much as possible.

Night Maintenance

You know it happens, energies some times become discarded through effects, costs etc. Hopefully Night Maintenance will be there to help you get out and put them back in the deck where the can be searched or drawn into. I prefer this over Palmers because it allows me to still use a supporter

Energies
I wish I could've make room for a couple more psychic energies, but I think those numbers are fine. And night maintenance is there to help me get back the ones I loose.

Any and all help is appreciated. There are no netdeckers at the store I play in, except for one who only shows up for BR and CCs, so I have no idea hwo the deck plays against stuff like Kingdra, Speedrill, Flygon etc. My meta is stuff like Shaymin/Yanmega, Blastcatty, Magnezone/Nidoqueen, stuff that others might call jank, been a while since we all started playing with out original builds. Maybe once in a while someone will play one of the aforementioned decks, but as of now no one is running them at a local lvl in my area so I have no idea how it would play out against them, prolly horribly considering that Kingdra can hit for 80 right now with one energy; I have weakness to Flygon, and speedrill can OHKO Rayquaza. The only favorable match up for me would prolly be gengar since I'll prolly have no cards in hand for my opponent to count. Anyway all comment are welcome, and criticism is appreciated if constructive. please no flaming, there's a lil button for reporting that kind of stuff and I have no trouble using it if it'll get you to behave appropriately.

Last edited:
You must draw at least one card with Looker's Investigation, if I remember correctly. It's not hard to play/discard that one card, though, particularly if you run a Blissey PL, who also heals you.

Night Teleporter works as well.

First of all, any build of this deck requires a TON of tweaking before it functions well.
What I recommend for you is Lunatone GE and/or Regice LA - they allow you to discard cards for free, or afor a good effect (Regice). You could also run LunaSol GE to discard and MAYBE draw if you feel it's a good call.
Porygon2 is epic-in-a-virtual-form for this deck. T2 Ray is entirely possible - standard attach + Energy Gain + Flint + Flint. I strongly recommend you run 4 Level Max in this deck because you really want to get an early Raptor.

Your Pokemon line should look like this:

3-1 Ray
2-1/2 Raptor
2-2 Claydol
2-2-(1-(1)) Porygon (You could run the Z and X if you want for the PokePower, and the Porygon Z should be the "Learning" one. I would only recommend this if you believe the X drop will be good to get rid of special energies, or if you believe that the power is substantially good, Note that Porygon Z X + LunaSol GE = get any card from your deck each turn)
1/2 Lunatone GE
1 Solrock GE
1 Unown G
1 Uxie LA

That's 23 Pokemon off the top of my head. I'm sure you can fit in with that. Also, where's your Palmers? Or your Night Maintenance? If you accidentally end up discarding, you don't want to have the energy gone forever. A combination of 4 of these is in order. Night Teleporter is also hectic for this deck.

Enjoy.

Daaaaaaang, I tried some of those cards as proxies, it runs a lot smoother now, I still tried using the porygon line but found myself doing nothing with the Z very often, but 2 is definitely a great addition, I found myself with Ray charged on T2. The Bronzongs had to go to fit some of this stuff though =P. Thanks a lot guy. I willl try to keep on playing with thsi deck and maybe write a couple of reports if anyone is interested.

Sableye > StaraptorFB. But still play 1-1 Staraptor, searching for Looker's every turn is a pretty neat trick.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

You must draw at least one card with Looker's Investigation, if I remember correctly. It's not hard to play/discard that one card, though, particularly if you run a Blissey PL, who also heals you.

This is genius! He's a Mew2 counter, hits Flygon hard, and Return draws lots of cards. I approve :thumb:

But Sableye is just so boss. Any combination of 2 Rosy/Cyrus/Flint a turn is amazing especially when it fuels your Vs Seekers.

Last edited:
I do have to admit that I like the idea of including sable eye, but just running one of him seems to random for my tastes, and I don't think Ican make room for him right now

Porygon2 really works well with Staraptor FB. Search out Flint's and Download it on the same turn. Maybe Luxray GL could fit in the deck to drag up any Pokemon to be hit for 200.

I've played MamoswineGL with Sableye for the past 2 Cities, so I'm mostly keeping that engine in mind. If u start with Sableye and just set up a couple Rayquaza early game u should be able to empty your hand out to be able to keep attacking with them the whole game. IMO these would make Bronzong not as necessary. Sableye can also copy Cyrus to set up your Final Blowup turn by searching for Looker's, and u can recycle Looker's with VS Seeker, so Staraptor isn't needed as much either.

Luxray just sounds like kind of a waste. 200 KOs anything and everything, all Wailord jokes aside. The deck should be focused around setting up and keeping Ray around for as long as possible. Every turn u have no hand and he can attack he will take a prize, which should end the game quick enough.

I've incorporated some of the ideas already. I finally made room for 3 sabeleyes. At 3 supporters per turn, even if not competitive, this deck gets one heCK of a fast set up. =P

its very risky putting rayquza c x in a deck....i was thinking about it decided no but i like the staraptor x and flints will power is a good idea and lookers is a good idea this would be a good deck probally. I could make this deck' i like porygon 2 idea but maybe you should have electorvier fb x in here have swith or warp point....you put there energys on rayquza c x with electrovire fb x or maybe you should hard to say and put berthas healing in there and .....ps watch out for mewtwo x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back