Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Rayquaza C

I think just getting him fully powered would be the hard part.
Bannet PT has a power that lets you discard cards from your hand. That might be helpful for the level X attack.

Blissey/Regice was my idea. There's lots of Pokemon that discard cards for powers, just find one you like and get creative with it. I'm hoping this card is one like Luxray, where people are gonna find lots of different partners with it. :]

Rayquaza discards it's own Energy, doesn't it? I seem to remember the first attack of the base form letting you discard Energy.

I don't think it will really get popular, though, until AA when Buffer Piece is reprinted. Now, you can get hit without constant fear of taking too much damage.

uhhh Buffer Piece is in the next set if I am not mistaken.

anyway, Night Teleporter is good with it.

You need THIS to have this discussion:

Rayquaza C LV.73 - Colorless - HP100
Basic Pokemon (SP)

[C] Trash Burst: 10 damage. You may discard up to 5 Energy cards from your hand. If you do, this attack does an additional 10 damage for each card you discarded.
[C][C][C][C] Twister: 50 damage. Flip 2 coins, for each heads discard 1 Energy card attached to the Defending Pokemon. If both coins are tails, this attack fails.

Weakness: Colorless (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat Cost: 3
Set Number: 78

Rayquaza C LV.X - Colorless - HP120
Level-Up (SP)

Poke-Body: Dragon Spirit
When this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon and is damaged by an opponent’s attack (except when this Pokemon’s HP is reduced to 0), attach 1 Energy card from your discard pile to this Pokemon.

[W][P][F][C] Final Blast: 200 damage. Discard all Energy attached to Rayquaza C. If you have no cards in your hand, ignore this effect.

Set Number: 79

Thanks for the translations Burmy!

Last edited:
I think Rogue_Archetype meant to post the translation for Rayquaza C, no Garchomp.
Here it is.

Rayquaza C LV.73 - Colorless - HP100
Basic Pokemon (SP)

[C] Trash Burst: 10 damage. You may discard up to 5 Energy cards from your hand. If you do, this attack does an additional 10 damage for each card you discarded.
[C][C][C][C] Twister: 50 damage. Flip 2 coins, for each heads discard 1 Energy card attached to the Defending Pokemon. If both coins are tails, this attack fails.

Set Number: 78

Rayquaza C LV.X - Colorless - HP120
Level-Up (SP)

Poke-Body: Dragon Spirit
When this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon and is damaged by an opponent’s attack (except when this Pokemon’s HP is reduced to 0), attach 1 Energy card from your discard pile to this Pokemon.

[W][P][F][C] Final Blast: 200 damage. Discard all Energy attached to Rayquaza C. If you have no cards in your hand, ignore this effect.

Set Number: 79

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

I think you almost have to play Snowpoint Temple in this deck, just so Rayquaza can take the hits. 120 HP on an SP Lv. X is good, but 140 would be so much better.

I also agree that Night Teleporter is good, you shuffle your hand, draw one card, then burn it.

I'm almost thinking Togekiss with this guy, but in my experience, Stage 2's and SP doens't always work.

Last edited:
It's really a cool card where the Basic Combos with the LvX

I think you should just TANK IT.

4 PokeHealers and 4 Berthas !!
then something to get energy into your hand:

Bronzong SF , energy pickups, Cyrus Conspiracy, and Staramie RR .

A BUNCH of Clayols to keep healing trainers and energy retreivers coming.

Just focus on getting one up there and plug away.

Sounds like MAD FUN (unless your opponent pushes up a Vibrava... that would inhale profusely)

Back