Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

red face paint Riachu takes Top 8 at Dallas CC, needs help preparing for OK CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spectreon

Dont know how many of you remember this deck, but a few of you might... My buddy Poinko needed a new deck to play, nad opted for this one... I havent run it much, he has never run it, but did fairly well with it, and will likely use it in OK CC this following weekend... Here is the newest list

red face paint Riachu version 4
3 Pichu (SS, quick power uppers)
3 Pika (I prefer Promo, but Poink went for 1 tin, 3 Pika bolt)
3 Riachu EX
3 Wynaut
2 Wobs (Duh, SS)
2 Magnemite (Dragon, Random Spark)
2 Magneton (DUH, Rare one)
2 Zangoose

2 Lannettes Net Search
2 Memery Berry
4 Copycat
3 Juggler (with Ton, discard an E or 2 no Prob. Draw 3 or 5)
1 Fisherman
2 Town Volunteers
2 Master Balls
3 Moo-moo/Potion
1 LP System (+10 to Riachu Line, and Ton line)
3 Warp Point (Switch plus forces your opponent to switch too, then 120 BOOOM)

11 Lightning
6 Psy

The deck went 3-1-1 earning 5th and then lost first round in the top 8... The 2 losses were both to Blaze Veriants, so now the question begs to be asked, what to do about it?

My thought are something liek this....

-2 Goose
+2 Water Basic.... (but what???)

-2 Mem Berry (didnt seem to be doing well according to Poink)
+2 Shards (loose a goose, gain a shard...)

Now that may help, but what do ya'll think... any help before this weekend is appreciated..

Last edited:
Ok, meant to put that in first post... NO MAGMA AQUA CARDS!!! they are NOT allowed at CC's....

Was considering a 2/2 Wailord line, or Suicune AQ.... but Wailord would be a bit of a Stretch...

Okay. I don't know what Suicune AQ does. Wailord might be good but then you might have to cahnge a lot of cards in the deck.
I would of recommended Kyogre EX but it needs a lot of Water energy to attack continuesly.

There are no good water basics in the current modified...they ALL suck. that includes suicune ex when it's officially released.

Suicune AQ/Promo Star....

HP 70, 1 Retreat, L Weak

Body: Whatever its called (dont quote me on that)- If you attach a W energy from hand, then you must discard an energy from Suicune

Such n Such Attack (again, no quoting)-WCC- 30, flip a coin, heads this attack does 20 more, tails the defending is asleep....

Well, I would drop Goose out right off, so Wailord would only need 2 other cards dropped....

-2 Zangoose: It's no longer of high quality, in my opinion. You'd be better off OHKO'ing a ray with Raichu ex or Magneton.
-2 Memory Berry: X_X
-3 Wynaut
-2 Master Ball
-1 Town Volunteers
-1 Copycat

+2 Wailmer
+2 Wailord
+3 Dunsparce
+3 Elm's Training Method
+1 Low Pressure System

IMO, Wailord will be solid anti-fire tech, and things will run a lot faster thanks to methods and dunsparces. Consistency for the extra HP is key, so I threw in another stadium. Take that Blaziken ex, you illegal in CC guy, you!

hey spectreon, here's my view on this.

The reason this won't beat Blaze as it is right now is because Blaziken is a big threat to this. Here is what I'd do... this is to the first deck you posted.

Add another healing card. What is going to be a pain in the blaze matchup is that blaziken hits the bench 2 times in a row and your magnetons are now OHKOs instead of 2 hits. This is NOT good. In the blaze matchup, you'll most likely have to have your matchups like this.

BLaze swarms vs Magneton swarms.

Raichu ex vs. Rayquazza ex.

Now, this does not seem like a terrible matchup at all in my book. Rather than use water basics to take out Blaze, just magneton swarm. Here is what I'm thinking. Drop the zangoose, its really not that good cept vs. flygon. Drop a Town Volunteer. Now, add in 3 Elekid. ELekid is sooooo important in these kinds of decks, its crazy. I know this kinda hurts your Juggler, but it doesn't matter. Getting more energy into play FASTER is more important than being able to juggler for 5. Maybe you should drop the Juggler for TV reporters....

Anyhow, this gives you ANOTHER good starter aside from Wynaut that you can start with, giving you a big edge early game I think.

Yes, drop the mem berries for shards, which lets Magneton deal with Rayquazza in case its needed to be done that way. Do you need 3 Pichu? You may be able to drop 1.

Also, your draw power looks to be severely lacking even with Master Ball and LNS. Try and find someway to bump up the draw power by maybe 1 or 2 research or something. Fisherman? Drop a fisherman and a Warp Point. Change the other Warp Point to Switches (switch > Warp in this deck i think) and make those into 1 magnemite and 1 magneton. This will take place of fisherman better imo, cept vs. Muk ex... but oh well. Also, gives you more attackers, as Magneton is good to swarm with.

Before I ramble to much, I'll stop lol. I hope some of that made sense and that your deck still has 60 cards in it...

Good luck with it, I really like the way it looks.

Minor mistake on the original deck, so here is the actuall CC deck... I thought Fisherman was still here, but was replaced by third Ffett.. so...

red face paint Riachu version 4
3 Pichu (SS, quick power uppers)
3 Riachu EX
3 Wynaut
3 Wobs (Duh, SS)
2 Magnemite (Dragon, Random Spark)
2 Magneton (DUH, Rare one)
2 Zangoose

2 Lannettes Net Search
2 Memery Berry
4 Copycat
3 Juggler (with Ton, discard an E or 2 no Prob. Draw 3 or 5)
2 Town Volunteers
2 Master Balls
3 Moo-moo/Potion
1 LP System (+10 to Riachu Line, and Ton line)

11 Lightning
6 Psy

ok... now i will still have to talk to phil/poinko about this before I mess with his deck.. I already know I wanna do this...

-2 Mem Berry
+ 2 Shards

thats a given, and leads to an atuamatic (IMO)
-2 Goose....

but what to add.... I think liek others have mentioned is rigth, so...
+1 Magnemite
+1 Magneton

I have been toying with Elekid idea.. but instantly wanna add Buzz, which doesnt synch well with this deck, IMO, even with a good Bench hitting attack, and there is no room for him really anyways.. but Kid is a good card here still.... so maybe...
-3 Pichu
+3 Kid

why run Pichu when Ton does the job, and Kid gets better set up? this may un-synch may deck, but it will likely help it more...

Now onto the rest... This really is simular to NikePK's fixes btw... while Wailord is a decent idea, I just find it to hard to fit him here... Now we are down to the Nitty Gritty last fixes.. healing seems to be big here!!! Without connecting the 2 til this morning, this is exactly how I beat 2 other decks with my Blaze at Dallas CC, forcing a Benched up with 2-3 damage, Blaze for the KO... so this is what I will do, I think...

-1 Cat
-2 Master Ball
-1 TV
-1 Lightning (hope I dont sabotoge with -1 to 16 energy total)
make the 3 Moo-Moo/Potion all Moo-Moo
+2 POR
+2 Potion
+1 LPS

final list with this fix, if Poinko agrees

red face paint Riachu version 5
3 Elekid (SS, quick power upper)
3 Riachu EX
3 Wynaut
3 Wobs (Duh, SS)
3 Magnemite (Dragon, Random Spark)
3 Magneton (DUH, Rare one)

2 Fan Club (with only 2 types, Pichu gone, this is better)
2 Crystal Shard
2 Professor Oaks Research
3 Copycat
3 Reporter (I think with Chu gone, this works better)
1 Town Volunteers
2 Potion
3 Moo-moo
2 LP System (+10 to Riachu Line, and Ton line)

10 Lightning
6 Psy

Oh, and PK, while I liked most of your fixes, no way I would loose that Warp Point strat... notice everything in the deck retreats for 1... easy to pay and get back thanks to Ton. The point of Warp Energy is to force Pokemon I can KO, and tip the scales in my favor... Like say early game BAR set up, he has Sparce out, I force it to bench and hit something more imoprtant to the deck!!! Since very little Status is seen anymore, Switch is unesecary for this deck... though a free-retreat would be nice!!!

Oh, and for SC, I will likely find a way to tech 1 M/A Riachu, liking it far better than the other 2 availble as a Non -ex Pikalution...

Thanx everybody so far... keep tweeks coming.. let me know which version you are tweaking, but I am heavily leaning to version 5, keeping in mind I was 'Stuck' with a limited card pool when I originally built this, right after Dragons... the original version didnt even have Ton for those who remember... and though I now have Sparce I could place in this deck, I dont think he is needed as much... but that is the other likely candidate to enter this fray.....

Wynaut or Sparce in Version 5?

If Sparce, then I will likely also
-2 Fan Club
+1 Sparce
+1 Lightning/Potion/POR

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back