Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

red face paint Wave Deck need help with trainer cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z3d0nius

I have an idea for a deck thats kind of a fun deck that I could possibly go to tournaments with later on if I wanted to. I have put a lot of cards in here that are just really cool cards to me. So tell me what u think of it and if I should take some things out by changing a few things or if I just have it all wrong.

Pokemon 23
2 Suicine Secret Wonders
2 Wailords Great Encounters
4 Wailmers Great Encounters
2 Gyrados The Ones with dragon dna power
2 Magikarp
3 Walrein Newest one
3 Sealeo
3 Spheal
2 Phione (the evolution wish one)

18 Energies

trainers
4 rare candies

I have no idea what trainers to put in here. I realize that there are some generic trainers that everyone says to put in every single deck people put on these boards but other than that I am not experienced enough to know trainer cards that can build around decks. I will try to explain what I am trying to do with this deck so that it will make it a little easier to help me mabye. It is supposed to be a very high health deck, so I am trying to make the concentraion of this deck as keeping the high health ones alive while getting them out fast and quick so I can have an automatic victory against some of the friends I play with. I also want to be able to have stuff to keep these pokemon alive if they start taking to much damage. Any suggestions for trainer cards to put in here would be GREATLY appreciated.

Last edited:
3 dawn stadium
3 Leftovers
2 bebe's search
3 Roseanne's research
2 Professor Rowan
2 Potion

okay, if it's all about health, dawn stadium, leftovers, and potion. potion, obviously, removes 2 damage counters. leftovers removes damage counter at the end of your turn. Dawn stadium, however, not only removes 1 damage counter when you attach a water energy, but it can wake up your wailord so it can attack, then heal itself at the end of your turn. look out for darkrai, it kills if you are asleep

-3 spheal
-3 sealeo
-3 walrein
-2 Suicune
-4 rare candy
-6 energy
-1 wailmer
TOTAL: 22

they don't really help this deck much, just give it another pokemon to clog the benches...

+3 Natu
+3 Xatu
+1 wailord
+2 Lapras
TOTAL: 9

that obviously doenst add up but now you have less pokemon clutter and more room for trainers

as for trainers..
4x Technical Machine TS-1 DP5
2x Technical Machine TS-2 DP5
3x Roseanne's Research
3x Bebe's Search
3x Leftovers
3x Dawn Stadium
2x Felicity's Drawing
3x Warp Point
2x Switch

POKEMON: 20
3x Wailord
3x Wailmer
2x Gyrados
2x Magikarp
3x Natu
3x Xatu
2x Phione (the evolution wish one)
2x Lapras

TRAINERS: 28
4x Technical Machine TS-1 DP5
2x Technical Machine TS-2 DP5
3x Roseanne's Research
3x Bebe's Search
3x Leftovers
3x Dawn Stadium
2x Felicity's Drawing
3x Warp Point
2x Switch
3x Potion

ENERGY: 12
12x Water Energy

there we go
if oyu're wondering what the xatu's are for its so you can shift wailords sleep or gyarados' confusion onto your opponent. if wailord is really hurt, just keep sleep on him if you feel like it's necessary

why lapras last time i checked chad he suked really bad. i also found some wailords on the internet today and it suked because i couldnt find any under 7.00 bucks so thats why i was only going to get two.not sayin no but why change the suicine they are really helpful energywise and the walrein have high health and could be really good if i get him out into play with my rare candies.

I was thinking of doing a Wailord deck calling it the BIG "W"

Wailord x4-4
Weavile (SW) x 3-3
Wigglytuff 3-3
Phione x2 Call Energy x4

Sidney's Stadium x4
Fish engine of some sort ;)

Idea would be Weavile to get energies quickly and then turn wailord dark so he would wake up.
Opponent would be asleep most of the time with Wiggly out,,,

It would take a while, but it might be fun ;)

A little different than what you proposed, but I think in the same vein.

Wow, that's brilliant. too bad sid's is about to be rotated : - (

also, no walreins becuase what does it do that the othe rpokemon dont thats actually helpful and presses twards your goal? not much really. it's pokepower is decent but its flippy and will only slow your deck down. suicune is out becuase it says recover 3 water POKEMON not energies, and cure stearm does medicre damage for it's cost and the -20 damage wont help in most situations.

i added a lapras becuase it has a built in castaway and will help you find your leftovers
and you migth even want to take out some leftovers or a dawn stadium to add in a bubble coat DP5, lots of people are building electric decks to counter empoleon and will hurt wailord bad

yea kind of funny chad right when i said how was lapras good my dad came home with some packs and i got latios, 2 arboks kaleb might need them houndoom, lapras, and premier ball so i can squeeze the lapras in there because i like what ur sayin about him but im still thinkin of keepin suicine in there mabye not walrein. can u only use poke powers if its the active pokemon thats doing it. if this is so then my wailord cant be dark forever because i will keep having to switch him out with weaville over and over and over and his retreat cost is 4. i do like everwinds idea. i always like coming up with cool names for my decks. my fire one is infernal cleansing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back