Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Referencing ∆ plus Natu and TM blindside

runjaimerun

Thread '∆ plus ancient trait and Technical Machines' https://pokegym.net/community/index.php?threads/∆-plus-ancient-trait-and-technical-machines.192755/

the question came up that due to the wording on the∆ plus ancient trait stating
" if your opponent's pokémon is knocked out by damage from an attack of this pokémon, take one more prize card"

would a knockout utilizing technical machine blindside proc the ancient traits extra prize, essentially is a TM attack considered an attack of this pokémon.

PokePop's answer in the ask the rules team forum seems to be referencing taking the extra prize not being blocked by an effect which wasn't originally the question.

"Taking a prize is not an effect on the Pokemon, so it is not blocked."

He probaby misread your question.

Since Cramorant with the Lost Provisions Ability can use TMs without needing energy if there are 4 or more cards in the Lost Zone, i'd say that Natu would be able to take an extra Prize Card when Knocking Out a Pokémon with a TM attack.

Oh yeah. Did mesread. You just referenced the name with out the text. Helps to post the text.
Yes, extra prize would be taken.

thank you, I'll be sure to phrase my questions more clearly in the future, this funny bird has been a blast to use in GLC but I wanted to make sure we were using it right.

Back