Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Regice: Can I do it or not?

Pinsir52

After my BR last weekend, an important question arose. After the tournament ended, a number of players stayed at the shop and played a bunch of fun games. In one match, I went second, got a lucky flip on a level max, REGIMOVE'd 2 energy, attached one, sac'd the Regi, and got a T1 win. After my opponent's head was done spinning from all the confusion, he looked at my Regice card and said "Can you even do that if i don't have a bench, just to get the discard effect?" I used that move twice during states to get T1 wins with Regice/Level Max/Gigas, but now I'm not even sure if its legal, and I might owe some people apologies:redface:

So, CAN I USE REGIMOVE IS MY OPPONENT HAS NO BENCH, JUST TO DISCARD 2 CARDS??

You just made my day! Not only can i discard if they have no bench, but i can also discard if their active isn't basic!!!

May I ask, though...how did you link it so when i clicked the link, it brought me to that spot on the page?

You just made my day! Not only can i discard if they have no bench, but i can also discard if their active isn't basic!!!

May I ask, though...how did you link it so when i clicked the link, it brought me to that spot on the page?

Notice on the link that there is a #285 appended to the end. That # means that it goes to a specific spot on the page (like a bookmark or a chapter). It must be the 285th rulings entry in this document.

There are convenient links to individual rulings at the very bottom of the Compendium.

Back