Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Regice/Kyogre wins LA Pre-Release

GreatFox

You won't beleive what won the Los Angeles Pre-Release. It was the most awsome, Most Unstopable, most Fun deck ever.

It was.....

1 Regice ex
1 Kyogre ex
38 Water Energy

lol

Yup, three of us decided to just go for it and make fun decks that didn't really seem to have a chance to make it no further than 4 place.

We had the deck mentioned above played by Cool-Dude32 and

1Regirock
1 Magnetic Storm
38 Fighting Energy

Played by Leo Orta and Myself

Well... The Regirocks were good but we where takan down by Special Conditions, Regice, and Kyogers (dang it). It also didn't help that we ended up playing each other in the 5th round which basicly just came to a highest roll wins (the player that went first atomaticly wins) which I won. We even had the judges look over the dice rolls just to make it official :D

But the Regiice/Kyogre ex deck dominated and took 1st place in the 15+ catagory.

Who would have thought it would do that well? We just played them for fun.

Last edited:
and how did ya'll get two ex's in 6 packs huh =/....

but regardless, when ice gets up there or ogre. its an auto win ;\

`truk

it me, Leo also known here from now on as Kirbypopstarhero.

If u went to the Saturday Prerelease in San Diego you probley might have heard of the crazy guy playing this deck. The deck went 4-2 that day and failed to make top 4 due to resistance.

My Deck
1x Regirock EX
39x Fighting Energy

The deck unlike Cool-Dude32 used :fighting: Regirock ex :fighting: . His power of healing really scared off people when they saw it coming out 1st turn. The only problem was that status ailments were hurting him badly. Another problem was the new Ninetails (non-ex version) which has Safeguard like Wobbufet. Once this came out ,it was GOOD GAME. :(

Sunday at the (Los Angeles)Costa Mesa Pre-release i was lucky and got another Regirock EX :p This was my chance to redeem myself by making another deck. Along with me were GreatFox and Cool-Dude32 who also were lucky to pull a regi. Cool-dude32 however pulled two EX's. Regiice EX and Kyrouge EX. We all made the same type of deck with just our ex's and all energy. In the end the regirocks failed :( but regiice emerged as the victor.

There was this awesome match in round 5 where GreatFox and me faced eachother. We knew we ran the same thing. So after figuring it out, we knew that whoever went 1st would win the match no matter what. We then rolled dice to see who went first. In a matter of seconds the match was over with Great Fox rolling a 4 and me a pathetic 2 :eek: .

The tournaments were fun and people who laughed at us who said the deck was not going to work in the end gave it props. Maybe this Sunday at the Lancaster prerelease we'll get a regi (except steel) and do it all over again.

Good job GreatFox and Cool-dude32 for proving the deck works. And props for Cool-dude32 for taking it all :)

its possible to get 2 ex's in the 6 packs people got. In the Saturday prerelease the person next to me got registeel and metagross ex. To bad he couldnt use them seeing they were steel :p

lol that stinks guys im hopin to go to the lancaster such a long drive there and back i dont know if i can make it might be to tired for the finals for school on monday :(

Last edited:
Back