1 Premier Ball
1 VS Seeker
1 Lux Ball
2 Pokemon Communication

4 DCE
3 Water
3 Fighting
3 Metal

Standard Gigas with some techs... Sacrifice your pokemon to heal and set up Giga Blaster. Mesprit lock them through the whole game with SSUs Seekers and Rescues.

Last edited:
Ditch seeker; it's fristrating in gigas especially playing more than 2

I've never liked Bama and whats it really going to help against in the meta right now? Dialga is a way better tech universally and if you can fit in Umbreon UD it's even better.

I would never play anything less than 4 collector, but that's just my personal paranoia.

Personally don't like twins; I find engineers to be more universally beneficial.

No judge? It helps against SOOOOO much especially sp, gdos and gengar.

I don't much like lux ball; try premier ball instead.

Gigas is a really solid play for states. You have no really bad matchups save vilegar and machamp and anything else that gets in your way prety much loses. Over a year and a half later and I'm still running it...

Ditch seeker; it's fristrating in gigas especially playing more than 2

I've never liked Bama and whats it really going to help against in the meta right now? Dialga is a way better tech universally and if you can fit in Umbreon UD it's even better.

I would never play anything less than 4 collector, but that's just my personal paranoia.

Personally don't like twins; I find engineers to be more universally beneficial.

No judge? It helps against SOOOOO much especially sp, gdos and gengar.

I don't much like lux ball; try premier ball instead.

Gigas is a really solid play for states. You have no really bad matchups save vilegar and machamp and anything else that gets in your way prety much loses. Over a year and a half later and I'm still running it...

Thanks so much for your post! Yes, i agree with Abomasnow, i never really use it. Umbreon may be better but then i need a Darkness energy also..... I love seeker in this deck. but what sould go out for judge and a darkness then?

I play 2 Seeker in mine and it's OK tbh. Not amazing.

Yeah Premier Balls are pretty much staple in most GIgas builds these days.

Although I know Cetra always runs unusual Gigas builds that seem to work so idk.

I play 2 Seeker in mine and it's OK tbh. Not amazing.

Yeah Premier Balls are pretty much staple in most GIgas builds these days.

Although I know Cetra always runs unusual Gigas builds that seem to work so idk.

i do play Premier Ball here, i play both right now....

Herp derp whoops xD

ONE MORE THING 3-1 Uxie is too much, for me at least. I go 2-0, would sometimes like a 3rd, but deck space is tight. But your bench is already getting filled with Pixies anyhow...I'd say at least remove the X for something like another Premier Ball maybe.

The lv. X is really awesome here, can act as a machamp counter and the extra card each turn is also awesome. and i like it 3 uxies, somehow, i always have av way to get the bench space i need...

Fisrt off you need 3-1 uxie. It saves your bacon hella and if you're planning to run judge yourself it's even BETTER for recovery.

Don't add base dark, run rainbows. I personally don't like the idea, but at least they double as necessary energy for blaster vs having 3 practically dead energy types. I tried it originally when I added in Honchkrow SV (another tech I liked in theory but never really stuck with).

Didn't notice you had 4 dce. I would only play 3, but then again I never drop below 4/4/4 w/s/f and 3 dce for energy.

- seeker, - lux ball +2 judge +3 engineers. If you don't like engineers, you can try a third judeg and or 2 initiative. Your list doesn't look fully disruptive based so I can't really say that would work for you...

My current list and the list I'll be taking to states runs no tech pokemon (save regice and mesprit) and runs 4 pokehealer+ and 4 plus power...I love it...

Ahh Cetra how do you fit all that stuff in there?!?! I don't run any tehcs but I can't fit it in...with all those NRGs...

I'd say 4 collector and 4 junk arm for sure. That's a major factor in not only consistency, but also how you beat lostgar. Searching out pokes you don't need and clearing out your deck is key.

3-1 Gigas is better than 2-2, its more consistent, I don't know anyone playing a 2-2 line.

I did in Worlds (12th), Matijs did in European Challenge Cup (6th). No one has played 3-1 Gigas in Finland since Worlds.

2-2 is the play.

I haven't been able to fit in 4 Junk arms without sacrificing the consistency in the beginning, so 3 is fine. Should go for 4 Collectors though, as it is the supporter you always want to play T1-T2. Always. You can discard them late game, but Gigas does so much with Collector that it's not even funny.

Drop Black belt or even 2, maybe a Seeker too. I prefer playing at least a single VS seeker in Gigas always when I play Junk Arms.

Not sure if you need Umbreon, it takes 3 spaces and you should be able to handle Vilegar well enough without it - and it may even be a liability against LostGar decks (if you're that worried about Gengar Prime, go for Mightyena LA as it helps against SPs too and can attack with DCE). Focus on consistency on this meta, you can basically beat everything with Gigas when you get it consistent enough. Dialga G Lv.X is a nice tech but not really REALLY needed imo, and hard to get out due to lack of switching cards. I'd go as far as to play without techs, M2X is rare and you can Seeker trick (Regimove + Seeker if they're trying to go for solo) Mewtwo Lv.X if it comes around (or just Black Belt + Expert Belt + Drag Off when it's still M2). Vileplume is drag off bait.

Focus on finding your playstyle with Gigas without techs first. I think that when you get good enough with Gigas, you can take on all current tier1/2 matchups without techs (even Dialgachomp with Lucario GL and Toxicroak G) - of course you should tech then if you find that they ease the matchups in your area.

^ Sorry, but have to strongly disgaree. Junk Arm is crucial in Gigas. It clears out your hand (discard basic energy for later use) and can retrieve a Pokeheler, VS Seeker, Premier Ball (Junk Arm does make Premier Ball a little more playable, especially when running Uxie X), Warp Point, etc. I personally play Luxury Ball also because of Junk Arm.

Granted, I play a very "rogueish" Gigas, but it works for me. I do run Abomasnow, but there is a lot of Machamp and Donphan in my meta. Been playing it for about 6 months now and won me at least 2 matches in BR's/cities. But personal play style and meta differences are always considerations for any deck building discussion.

I'm no GIgas pro, but 4 DCE...may be a bit much tbh.

Smeargles are good too.

If you are not a "gigas pro", then don't give gigas advice and let those who are more experienced with it give help. There's no reason to give bad advice. 4 DCE is standard and smeargle is trash in Gigas.

I did in Worlds (12th), Matijs did in European Challenge Cup (6th). No one has played 3-1 Gigas in Finland since Worlds.

2-2 is the play.

I haven't been able to fit in 4 Junk arms without sacrificing the consistency in the beginning, so 3 is fine. Should go for 4 Collectors though, as it is the supporter you always want to play T1-T2. Always. You can discard them late game, but Gigas does so much with Collector that it's not even funny.

Drop Black belt or even 2, maybe a Seeker too. I prefer playing at least a single VS seeker in Gigas always when I play Junk Arms.

Not sure if you need Umbreon, it takes 3 spaces and you should be able to handle Vilegar well enough without it - and it may even be a liability against LostGar decks (if you're that worried about Gengar Prime, go for Mightyena LA as it helps against SPs too and can attack with DCE). Focus on consistency on this meta, you can basically beat everything with Gigas when you get it consistent enough. Dialga G Lv.X is a nice tech but not really REALLY needed imo, and hard to get out due to lack of switching cards. I'd go as far as to play without techs, M2X is rare and you can Seeker trick (Regimove + Seeker if they're trying to go for solo) Mewtwo Lv.X if it comes around (or just Black Belt + Expert Belt + Drag Off when it's still M2). Vileplume is drag off bait.

Focus on finding your playstyle with Gigas without techs first. I think that when you get good enough with Gigas, you can take on all current tier1/2 matchups without techs (even Dialgachomp with Lucario GL and Toxicroak G) - of course you should tech then if you find that they ease the matchups in your area.

Thanks SO much! so you are the one that went good with Gigas in worlds? awesome! i live in sweden and i might go to Turku (or Åbo in swedish) States along with some swedish friends :D I have now changed my list a little, what do you think?

Looks better now, though I agree that -1 Bebe's, -1 Black Belt. -1 Seeker => +2 Pokémon Communication and +1 Luxury Ball could make it even more consistent.

Some people use Poké Healers in Gigas, I personally prefer a single Switch. You can get it with Twins, get it back with Junk Arm and helps you against Toxicroak G and other special condition users without letting them get away from the active position. You could try -1 Warp Point and +1 Switch - that's how I've played it in my recent builds... Warp point helps against Gengar Prime as it allows you to sacrifice easier. Really tough call, so I've went with 1/1 split, one helps against Luxchomp and one against Gengar Prime.

I'm not making it to Turku, but have fun there if you can attend! I'm sure there will be a lot of Finns in Stockholm too.

Looks better now, though I agree that -1 Bebe's, -1 Black Belt. -1 Seeker => +2 Pokémon Communication and +1 Luxury Ball could make it even more consistent.

Some people use Poké Healers in Gigas, I personally prefer a single Switch. You can get it with Twins, get it back with Junk Arm and helps you against Toxicroak G and other special condition users without letting them get away from the active position. You could try -1 Warp Point and +1 Switch - that's how I've played it in my recent builds... Warp point helps against Gengar Prime as it allows you to sacrifice easier. Really tough call, so I've went with 1/1 split, one helps against Luxchomp and one against Gengar Prime.

I'm not making it to Turku, but have fun there if you can attend! I'm sure there will be a lot of Finns in Stockholm too.

Thanks again :D too bad you cant come to Turku.... very well. I have played Switch but then i did not play a warp point along side it. I'll try that! Thanks! Also : -1 Bebe's, -1 Black Belt. -1 Seeker +2 Pokémon Communication and +1 Luxury Ball I'll try that as well ^^

EDIT: i guess you will not be attending in Stockholm then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back