Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Remembering Genetic Memory (Eon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoTime4LoveDrJ

Gather 'round everyone, for my first attempt at a Modified deck, because Unlimited is becoming tiresome. Neo Revelation Kingdra saw quite a bit of use, because it was such an efficient card... And now it's reborn.

Pokemon : 21

Horsea (Dragon, Smokescreen) x 3
Seadra (Dragon, Water Arrow) x 3
Kingdra ex (Dragon) x 2
Kingdra (Aquapolis) x 1
Sentret (Aquapolis) x 2
Furret (Aquapolis) x 2
Dunsparce (Sandstorm) x 3
Marill (Sandstorm) x 3
Azumarill (Sandstorm) x 2

Trainers : 23

Professor Elm's Training Method (Expedition) x 2
Professor Oak's Research (Expedition) x 4
Pokemon Nurse (Expedition) x 3
Crystal Shard (Skyridge) x 2
Oracle (Skyridge) x 3
Potion (Ruby/Sapphire) x 3
Switch (Ruby/Sapphire) x 4
Professor Birch (Ruby/Sapphire) x 2

Energy : 16

Water Energy x 12
Boost Energy (Aquapolis) x 4

I can afford to go relatively light for Modified in the energy department, thanks to our pal Furret. You would typically have a Kingdra pretty early on, so healing the ex version would be simple as well, since he can move the energy to himself, drop a Pokemon Nurse on Kingdra ex, play a Switch to move them back to the ex, retreat Marill for free, and start all over. Or, if I must discard for some reason, one energy gets you four possible attacks. Stall with Smokescreen or get good bench damage with Water Arrow. Throw a water on next turn, attack again, and surprise them with a Boost, hitting them for 90. This deck is theoretical, but it looks nice. Crystal Shard give an almost guaranteed OHKO to most of the new cards that will see play... Rayquaza ex, Lati@s ex, (Strength Charm could handle those, true) Salamence and Flygon. Or it just gets around Water resistance, killing almost anything within two turns. My only addition may be Weakness Guards, since Sceptile is still an excellent card. I also fear the OHKO from Raichu ex.

Feel free to add some thoughts, since I'm not too familiar with the format at this point.

Last edited:
Looks great. A little heavy on the Poke side to you might want to dump dunsparce for some Pokemon Fan clubs, they are always useful.

Kyogre's right that your Pokemon count is a little on the high side, but it shouldn't be too bad, really. Just don't let it get any higher. Also, since Electric seems to have gotten a bit of a boost from the new Magneton, you may want to have something in there to combat Electric types. Solrock is good for that -- a pretty splashable Basic that does noticeably high Fighting-type damage. It would also add to your draw power, which is a plus. I like Furret, although I'm not sure you really need it. Dropping that line for 2 Solrock and 2 Multi Energy (then, possibly dropping one Water Energy for a third Multi Energy) might help. Kyogre's idea of Fan Club over Dunsparce is not bad, but it's purely your choice. Personally, I kinda prefer Dunsparce, although 2 should be enough. That being the case, I'm going to recommend you consider dropping one for a third Azumarill. Still, I definitely like the deck itself.

I would add the new Stadium that gives Water and Fire 1 less retreat. Also consider AQ Horsea. 20+ retreat is helpfull, but so is retaliate, I plan to run a 2/2 on them in my deck.

Also Steel is a good fit with Kingdra. Like AQ Steelix as a friend and I found out. Makes a formadable deck. Another card I like, even with its double Flip, is SER2. Since Kingdra requires 1 Energy, and can be Nursed, there is little to no risk in this flippy card. Only 1 working can win you the game. And just imagine all those Pokemon who require all those energy cards to increase their attacks....

Well the deck is a little simular to the one i posted about a week ago. You don't need the Ferret Sentret or the dunsparce and rare candy is terrable in that deck. The only reason it is bad is because while you building onto kingdra, you wanna use GENETIC MEMORY, which is probably one of the most unique attacks in the game. so just stay with the horsex4 seadrax4
kingdra exx2 kingdrax2 *aq*. Then use marill and Azmurill 3 of each would be good. <--- thats basicly it for the pokemon.

I would get rid of the potions, because they are out dated. And like i said in the paragraph above there is no need for rare candy. So replace the three rare candy with Pokemon Nurse, and for more draw power i would throw in a TV REPORTER or 2

Don't count Potion out, KinGdrATrainer. Considering what little we have in the way of healing in E-on, Potion can be useful because it heals a dependable 20 with no drawbacks. In any other format, I'd agree with you. Still, if it were me, I'd probably be using Moo-Moo Milks. They're riskier, but the risk can be worth it. Either way, consider dropping one of them for a fourth Pokemon Nurse.
Also, another note, KinGdrATrainer: he already has 3 Pokemon Nurses, so he can't replace the 3 Rare Candies with Nurses (although one could become a Nurse). I apologize if I've offended you, KinGdrATrainer. You definitely seem to be very good at deckbuilding, based on the tips I've seen from you; I just wanted to point a couple things out.
Other tips? For starters, I agree with KinGdrATrainer that this deck does not need Rare Candy. You could use more draw, so use Copycats, Desert Shamans, or TV Reporters in those spots. Which you choose is entirely up to you, although if it were me, I'd be leaning toward Copycat. Master Ball is also an option, especially if you prefer search to draw. An added bonus of Master Ball is that your Supporter count would stay at 10 (or 11, if you dropped a small healing Trainer for a Nurse as mentioned above), which is very good for E-on. You could also do Wally's Training, since it'll speed up your Evolution without skipping a stage, but I wouldn't strongly recommend it.
KingDrATrainer's suggestion on your Pokemon is good, although I would consider adding 2 Solrock (and maybe a Lunatone, due to Solrock's Power) to it, to cover your Weakness. If you do that, change some of your Water Energies (2 or 3 would probably do it) to Multi Energies.
Next, consider going from 4 Switches to a 2/2 split of Switches and Warp Points. It's all dependant on style, and either way would work, but I know from playing people who used Warp Points that that little bit of disruption can be more valuable than people give it credit for.
Like I said in my other post on this thread, I like the deck. The concept is great, and the list is already pretty good. All it'll take to become an even greater contender are a few tweaks, which have been suggested. I hope you will get the chance to actually build this deck at some point.

The Rare Candy is there, although it may be taken out, to speed things up. The Aquapolis Kingdra doesn't need the Seadra card, first off, and my take on Rare Candy, though I am not certain, is that it may allow you to evolve Horsea into Seadra, and then into Kingdra in one turn. I posted a question on the forum to TC regarding this issue. If it doesn't work, naturally they will be taken out.

Moo-Moo Milk is too flippy, although yes, on average I will get 1 heads, which is the equivalent of Potion, I've also flipped six tails in a row on Beat Up before. :( So no, I try to avoid coins whenever possible. Potion is solid and dependable when I need it.

I originally had Fan Club over Dunsparce, but I want to keep my supporter count as low as possible. We'll see how both work, and I'll decide then.

Master Ball isn't a bad idea at all... Especially if there's an Oracle in my hand. Not a Copycat person, myself... I'd probably use Desert Shaman, though.

I like the Furret / Boost thing too. It's nice to have them anticipate 50 damage next turn, and then recieve 90 instead. Of course, a good player would be ready for Boost if he saw a Furret, but I honestly only play maybe two or three people that have that foresight.

Professor Birch wouldn't be bad either. Shuffle in two cards with the Furret's power, get an energy, attach it, plus whatever else I play = good draw there.

Hmm. All this thought and I don't even have the Kingdra ex yet, or the earlier stages...

Okay, apparently there's no use for Rare Candy, at least not in the sense that I intended.

Last edited:
NoTime4LoveDrJ said:
Hmm. All this thought and I don't even have the Kingdra ex yet, or the earlier stages...

That will be fixed real soon. :thumb:

NoTime4LoveDrJ said:
Gather 'round everyone, for my first attempt at a Modified deck, because Unlimited is becoming tiresome. Neo Revelation Kingdra saw quite a bit of use, because it was such an efficient card... And now it's reborn.

Pokemon : 21

Horsea (Dragon, Smokescreen) x 3
Seadra (Dragon, Water Arrow) x 3
Kingdra ex (Dragon) x 2
Kingdra (Aquapolis) x 1
Sentret (Aquapolis) x 2
Furret (Aquapolis) x 2
Dunsparce (Sandstorm) x 3
Marill (Sandstorm) x 3
Azumarill (Sandstorm) x 2

Trainers : 23

Professor Elm's Training Method (Expedition) x 2
Professor Oak's Research (Expedition) x 4
Pokemon Nurse (Expedition) x 3
Crystal Shard (Skyridge) x 2
Oracle (Skyridge) x 3
Potion (Ruby/Sapphire) x 3
Switch (Ruby/Sapphire) x 4
Professor Birch (Ruby/Sapphire) x 2

Energy : 16

Water Energy x 12
Boost Energy (Aquapolis) x 4

I can afford to go relatively light for Modified in the energy department, thanks to our pal Furret. You would typically have a Kingdra pretty early on, so healing the ex version would be simple as well, since he can move the energy to himself, drop a Pokemon Nurse on Kingdra ex, play a Switch to move them back to the ex, retreat Marill for free, and start all over. Or, if I must discard for some reason, one energy gets you four possible attacks. Stall with Smokescreen or get good bench damage with Water Arrow. Throw a water on next turn, attack again, and surprise them with a Boost, hitting them for 90. This deck is theoretical, but it looks nice. Crystal Shard give an almost guaranteed OHKO to most of the new cards that will see play... Rayquaza ex, Lati@s ex, (Strength Charm could handle those, true) Salamence and Flygon. Or it just gets around Water resistance, killing almost anything within two turns. My only addition may be Weakness Guards, since Sceptile is still an excellent card. I also fear the OHKO from Raichu ex.

Feel free to add some thoughts, since I'm not too familiar with the format at this point.

Keep it simple too many evolutions knock off the other pokes for more healing like hyper potion and stuff like that

I don't see a problem with Stage 1s. They're easy to get out.

And I don't have enough energy to use Hyper Potion. Besides, I hate that card with a passion.

I miss Super Potion + Recycle Energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back