Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

KirB

Hi Guys, I am a seinor,I am from the Orlando Area and I will tell you how I did in the Cool Stuff Comics Battle Roads in Winter Park Fl.

Here is the deck I ran

4x Terrakion
1x Zekrom
1x Landorus
1x Smeargle

4x PONT
3x Pro. Juniper
3xN
1x Seeker

4x Junk Arm
4xHeavy Ball
4x Exp Share
2x Eviolite
2x Pokemon Catcher
2x Switch
2xDefender
2x Crushing Hammer
2x Enhanced Hammer
2x Revive
2x Random Receiver
2x Plus Power

11x Fighting Energy
1x Rescue Energy

Round 1: Groudon Ex/Machamp

I flipped over a Terrakion and he flipped over Groudon. When I saw Machop, I said what the heck in my head. His deck proved to be really interesting and had a good set up. The only two problems I see is that you have a stage two pokemon (some of the more better ones include Typhlosion, Empoleon, Magnezone and Vileplume) and Machamp autolosses to Mewtwo ex. I got to a great start by going first and getting the energy drop. I two shot his machamps and Groudons to take all six of my prizes.

1-0

Round 2: Donpahn/Mewtwo/Max Potion

I have tested and played with this deck on playtcg. It is really good when you get the setup going. He had donphans that were annoying because they will heal themselves, and pokemon catcher your weak basics. I catchered a Mewtwo for a couple of prizes. I use crushing hammers on his donphan prime so he would not use heavy impact. But I made the biggest misplay. I juniper and I realized I decked myself out. Darn It. he passes and I have noting to draw.

1-1

We take a quick lunch break and we go to round 3

Round 3: Celebi/Mewtwo/Tornadus

Wow. Just... wow. I face a 2-0 when I am 1-1. This... is my worst match up ever. He went first and the extreme drastic setup. I thought I lost. But...I just comeback. I play it cool, took deeeeep breathes, and I came back. He had made some penalties, so the judges had to come. He ran-domed recievered two extra cards and realized he had the PONT in his second card. The prize count was 1-1 and I had a zekrom with a couple a fighting energy and a eviolite. I catcher-ed the celebi that I damaged Earlier with a plus power and outraged for the final ko. GG

2-1

Round 4: Durant

Oohhh boy. I was shocked that I forgot my heatmor tech. But I played it cool. She said it was her first tournament, so I did not expect any Mewtwo or Shaymin Ex techs. She mulligans 7 times. I had a stack of my cards.I power up a Terrakion with 5 Energy so that crushing Hammer Had no effect. I sweep durant and the fact that she still went first. But GL to her and her future tournaments.

3-1

I am shocked to see I made TopCut at the second seed. Maybe because I beat a 2-0 and had a good resistance as my loss went 4-0. Now, we have a 2/3 rematch

Game 1: I go first and I get a good start. He draws dead for a few turns. I waas soooooooooooooo lucky I toped decked that N. I had no chanced to win if I did not draw that. There was a slight confusion. There was something about the way he used random receiver. Why. All these penalties cause of this one card. But GG to him.

4-1

Game 2: He choose to go first and I played it cool. Thats my style. His Mewtwos and the fact that he had no choice to pro. juniper 3 pokemon catchers had lost him the game. 1-1 prize and do the smart play to junk arm for the defender forcing him to have a plus power to ko me ( My Terrakion had 100 damage). The car lost the gas and his deck got thin and ran out of resources. He earthquake for 20 and i koed his donphan GG.

Wow... My First place Victory Cup... All Mine

Props

1st place
Mcdonalds
Empoleons for my next deck in the next format
Everyone for being fair.
Curran Hill for making this deck
Everyone for congratulating me
a neat deck that won master
Slops

No Exs in about 20 packs of dark explorers
going 1-3 the next day
last minute changes
only good pull was rev juniper
7 hours of pokemon

Thank you for reading my report. I hope you did good in battle roads too.

Last edited:
Back