Potion x2
Aaron's Collection x1
Lucian's Assignment x2
Mom's Kindness x2
Underground Expedition x2
Grass Energy x 11
Psychic Energy x 13

'mom

Holy CRAP, Drill Point is SERIOUSLY worth the dough! A Tier 2 main card (Flygon) and 5 of the most broken Supporters in the game today (Aaron, Bebe, Felicity) are making me think *really* hard about actually purchasing this set!

Also, notice that Felicity is from Great Encounters. Is this a sign of the next format? (HOPE SO!!!)

I find it odd that I always seem to end up buying the theme decks like Drill Point, even though I tell everyone that they are very bad, only because they come with awesome supporters.

Actually, both of those theme decks are pretty good, considering they have key cards for some of the obvious upcoming br decks.

looks like...infernape and gallade on the coin.

the gallade deck i opened had a solid foil coin, while the rhyperior deck had a 'sparkle' foil coin. ymmv...

'mom

Holy CRAP, Drill Point is SERIOUSLY worth the dough! A Tier 2 main card (Flygon) and 5 of the most broken Supporters in the game today (Aaron, Bebe, Felicity) are making me think *really* hard about actually purchasing this set!

Also, notice that Felicity is from Great Encounters. Is this a sign of the next format? (HOPE SO!!!)

But cutting edge has potion OMG

These decks are somewhat good, just a select few of cards.

I feel like they are both worth it. The second one has Gallade 4 and Beedrill, plus 2 Lucian's. Drill point is excellence though, it gives you Flygon and the pre-evolutions, plus Bebe's, PLUS Hippowdon, plus some good support. Definately considering the buy.

Seems like there's sometimes an imbalance in the usefulness of the Trainer cards with the two decks. In particular, it's annoying how one of the decks has the Mom's Kindness instead of one of the new, more useful Supporters. (I wish Mom's Kindness were a common instead of an uncommon, too, so that it would replace Potion or Energy Search, for example, in these decks.)

Lately, there has been a little bit of an imbalance in theme decks.

The Rhyperior deck just has much better trainers. Last set, the Giratina deck had much better trainers than the Shaymin deck. The set before, the Tyranitar deck had Cynthia's Feelings over the Gyarados' Mom's Kindness.

Mom's Kindness is not a bad starting card. It's better than no draw all together. What I don't like is when one deck gets Cynthia's Feelings or Volkner's Philosophy and the other deck gets Mom's Kindness.

@Prime: Good point, I didn't realize that, but it's definitely true. Maybe it has something to do with the popularity of the deck? I'd think that Tyranitar, Giratina, and Rhyperior would be more popular (especially amongst non-fans) than Gallade, Shaymin, and Gyarados.

Lately, there has been a little bit of an imbalance in theme decks.

The Rhyperior deck just has much better trainers. Last set, the Giratina deck had much better trainers than the Shaymin deck. The set before, the Tyranitar deck had Cynthia's Feelings over the Gyarados' Mom's Kindness.

Mom's Kindness is not a bad starting card. It's better than no draw all together. What I don't like is when one deck gets Cynthia's Feelings or Volkner's Philosophy and the other deck gets Mom's Kindness.

That's precisely what I was saying. The decks should at least have (somewhat) balanced drawing cards.

All I have to do is buy 2 drill point decks and I've got a line of Flygon and good supporters. I bet those guys at the prereleases feel bad now that the cards they just traded for are comming out in a starter deck lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back