3 Junk Arm
3 Pokémon Catcher
2 Juniper
1 Switch
3 Rocky Helmet

Energy
10 Fire Energy
2 Rescue Energy

Everyone knows the deal here. Typhlosions are used to keep a constant flow of energy onto Reshiram and/or Typhlosion Prime itself. Rocky Helmet is for the Gothitelle matchup. I'll just pop the Rocky Helmet (hopefully before they get the lock up) onto a Reshiram/Typhlosion for the rest of the match (or until it's knocked out). It may make my opponent think twice about attacking me.

Last edited:
I don't understand what tyrogue would do for you if you have a bad starting hand. Cleffa would be a bit better.

I don't understand what tyrogue would do for you if you have a bad starting hand. Cleffa would be a bit better.

I like Tyrogue better b/c it does damage plus it'll let me stall a little. I think that came out the wrong way about having a bad starting hand.

Ok, go down to a 3-1-3 Typh line up , take out a switch, and either play cheren or sages, not both, so max out one , or play 2-2 nintails where you dont need it at all. And replace the 2 zeks for a 1-0-1 Samurott for mirror(u will see more tyram then water.

Always keep the 4-2-4 line of typlosion. With catcher, your guys are gonna be going down. Not to metion with a 3-1-3 line you face only getting one ty out under trainer lock. Also,

-2 Tyrogue

+2 Cleffa

Well thats why you Rare candy real early game plus with rescue or revive you can bring back cynda. Plus, 2 cleffa? No, he needs 1 manaphy, cleffa is too donkable

1 Cleffa is enough for any deck. If you're set on going without Ninetales, you'll need to boost your drawpower considerably. Around 10 draw cards would be the number you'd need.

Instead of:
2 Cheren
2 Professor Oak's New Theory
2 Sage's Training

..go for something more solid like
4 Sage's Training
4 Oak's New Theory/Juniper
2 Oak's New Theory/Juniper

Whatever professor you choose for your 4, have the remaining 2 for the other.

While I understand the need for Zekrom, you can reliably counter that with smart usage of PlusPower and Junk Arm.

Here would be my suggested list of changes:

- 1 Tyrogue
- 2 Zekrom
- 1 Twins
- 2 Cheren
- 1 Switch

+ 1 Energy Retrieval/Pokemon Catcher/PlusPower
+ 2 Sage's Training
+ 1 Cleffa
+ 3 Professor Juniper

If you know there is going to be Ross.dec in your meta, you definitely do need the Zekrom's. The match up is 90-10 otherwise. Definitely -1 Tyrogue +1 Cleffa
On draw, without Ninetales, you need at least 10 Supporters, I'd -1 Switch, -1 Pluspower for 2 more draw supporters.

Thanks guys for all the advice. I like Cleffa over Tyrogue just b/c of the possible donk. I took out Zekrom and tweaked the T/S/S a little.

I would take out Cheren, and sages and exchange for Engineers adjustments. ( My opinion it's better then both of those cards 9/10 times. With this deck )

This deck is pretty fast so I took out twins...never really did much for me. I also removed 2 junk arms.

So:
-1 Twins
-2 Junk Arms

+1 Cheren
+2 Engineer's Adjustment

This deck went 3-2 (6th out of 22) at my BR today.

If you know there is going to be Ross.dec in your meta, you definitely do need the Zekrom's. The match up is 90-10 otherwise. Definitely -1 Tyrogue +1 Cleffa
On draw, without Ninetales, you need at least 10 Supporters, I'd -1 Switch, -1 Pluspower for 2 more draw supporters.

How does zekrom help against ross?

Nothing, Ninetales only slows down your setup and you have enought draw power through Sages, Cheren, and PONT. Ninetales is also a Catcher trap.

Nothing, Ninetales only slows down your setup and you have enought draw power through Sages, Cheren, and PONT. Ninetales is also a Catcher trap.

It isn't the draw support that's the problem...the deck is pretty fast...it's the mulligans and donks since I don't have enough basics. They can catcher it up if they want while I set up Typhlosion/Reshiram. A good player knows to go after the Typhlosions b/c if 2 get set up it's pretty much good game.

Last edited:
Bump with some updates. Anything that I can do to make the deck even better than it already is...please let me know and I'll test it out. Thanks for all your help on here!

I'm thinking about adding 1-2 Twins just in case. What should I take out?

First off, don't run Kingdra with that thick of line, put it on a 1-0-1 line or don't play it. Get the engineers gone, put Junk arm up to 4, pull out a switch and put that slot towards consistency. And try the following stuff: 1 rescue, 1 revive; no rescue 2 revive.......................oh and PLEASE DON"T RUN MAGBY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back