Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Restricted Cards

ranmasaotomes

Hey Guys.
I am looking for a list of restricted cards.
I know about Neo Genesis Slowking and Neo Genesis Sneasel but what others are restricted (Not allowed) In tournaments. Oh and I do know about Ancient Mew

Thanks

Current modified format bans all sets older than Expedition, and all non-Nintendo Promos, except for cards that have been reprinted within the allowed sets.

Last edited:
I can understand this but I mean in unlimited format. I know there are supposed to be a certain number of Promo cards that are unable to be used as well as various cards. I do understand that Unlimited format is not supported.. But I am interested for intrests sake.

The only cards not allowed in an Unlimited tourney is Ancient Mew and (old) Black Star promo # 24 _________'s Pikachu (AKA Happy Birthday Pikachu). All other cards (Slowking and Sneasel included) are legal.

ranmasaotomes said:
I can understand this but I mean in unlimited format. I know there are supposed to be a certain number of Promo cards that are unable to be used as well as various cards. I do understand that Unlimited format is not supported.. But I am interested for intrests sake.

The currently published Unlimited format (per the Pokémon Organized Play Floor Rules):

Unlimited Constructed Deck Format

Unlimited decks may contain cards from any and all Pokémon trading card game sets that have been released in the United States, as well as all promotional cards. New sets are allowed as soon as the product has been released.

Banned Cards

• The promotional card “Ancient Mew”
• _______’s Pikachu (Known as the Birthday Pikachu promotional card)

HTH!

[edit](**hmmm, did it again...**)[/edit]

Last edited:
Beat Up Sneasel and Slowking have always been allowed in Unlimited play. Beat Up Sneasel was never allowed in Modified and Slowking was later banned from Modified.

Back