Retreat cost

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by Fantasy Fox, Apr 2, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Fantasy Fox

Fantasy Fox New Member

Dewgong(sky) reads:

(C)(C)(W)(W) Crushing Ice - 40+
    This attack does 40 damage plus 10 more damage for each C Energy in the Defending Pokémon's Retreat Cost. Damage is calculated using the Defending Pokémon's Retreat Cost after applying effects to the Retreat Cost.

Broken Ground Gym:

The Retreat Cost for each player's Baby Pokemon and Basic Pokemon is increased by 1.

Ariados:

Pokemon Power; Gluey Slime
    As long as Ariados is in play, each player must pay an additional (C) energy to retreat his or her Active Pokemon. Gluey Slime can't make a player pay more than an additional (C) energy to retreat a Pokemon, even if there is more than 1 Ariados in play.

When Dewgong vs. Magmar EX, does Dewgong's attack do 40(attack) + 20(Magmar's retreat cost) + 20(for the BGG and Ariados), then X2 because of Magmar EX's weakness?

40 + 20 + 20 = 80
    80 x 2 = 160 damage
    Is that right?

When the card says "(after applying effects to the Retreat Cost)", does that mean that I add damage for the BGG and Ariados?

Now I changed the card to Dewgong from Skyridge vs. Magmar EX.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2004
  2. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

correct.
    Note that if the TM Rhyhorn had a Balloon Berry attached, the attack would do 40x2=80

3. mozartrules

mozartrules New Member

No, Ariados' power can't work if Muk EX attacks (but the Broken Ground Gym would add to the damage).

4. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Good catch!

5. Fantasy Fox

Fantasy Fox New Member

Oh yeah, good one!

I really missed that one.

6. Shdwchu

Shdwchu New Member

no But you now can use Team Aqua's Stadium instead. It's a good sub as long as your not play against any TA pokemon.