Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Returning Player, TCG & PokeGym

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_shy_girl_1999

Hey everyone!

It really has been a while since I was last here and I do have to say that it does feel different than what I last remember on the Gym. I remember coming to the pokegym every day just to see what was going on, or keeping up to date on new stuff coming out, was good times looking back on eerything.

I am working to get back into the game, and was hoping to get in one of the prereleases here in Vegas, but it seems that I have missed it (got the dates mixed up). I did, however, pick up one of the theme decks to play around with and get a feel of the new cards. What saddens me is that there is, at least from what I can look up on the TCG website, is that there are no longer any leagues anymore in Vegas, which is sad because there used to be a pretty good TCG community here. (Edit: I did manage to find that there is still a league running in Vegas by running another search)

But that aside, how hard would it be for someone to back into the game after being gone for nearly 3-4 years? Is the community still out there? Is the game still going strong after all these years?

Not sure if much is anyone remembers me, but I still do see some familiar names around, so that's good :) I have missed the community here.

Last edited:
Welcome back! I do believe that game has gotten stronger and more popular as evidenced by attendance growth at major tournaments. I'm glad you found a local league. Players there can help you transition back into the game and current game mechanics (some things have changed in the last few years).

Needless to say, the Deck Strategy and Help Forum will contain lots of information about the current "top" decks, as well as potential top decks - a new set, Flashfire, is being released. Feel free to post your deck ideas and/or questions; I'm sure you'll get feedback from the Community.

You may also find that playing online could be quite beneficial too.

Best of luck.

Good to see you around once again. Brings back quite a few memories (and I'm sure you feel the same way).

The game seems to be strong, at least in my neck of the woods. Can't say much for Vegas.

Tuxedo covered most of the answers to your questions, so I suppose I'll just throw my "welcome back" into the ring.

Thanks for the replies :)

Yea I redeemed my code I got from the theme deck in the Online TCG and I have been playing in there with the NPC's and some random matches. Been having to click the cards quite a bit tho to read new the new trainer info on the cards.

And yea, Mega, lol, it does bring back memories. It's nice to see familiar faces still around the forums :)

If you want to add me on the Online TCG game my username is "bubble0987" so feel free to add me on there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back