Stadiums:
2 Conductive Quarry SF 82

NRG: 13
4 Metal Special
4 Electric
5 Metal Basic

Total: 17+10+18+2+13= 60

Strategy:
Basic build and steamroll plan. Aim for turn 3 Extra Comet Punch from Gross. Ideally, Turn 1 Allure from Beldum, Turn 2 Buck/PP powered Psyshock from Metang, followed by turn 3 Extra Comet Punch. That’s 80 damage in the first 3 turns and with 100 waiting in the wings. Generally the damage output of the opponent’s pokes is augmented by any special metals I strap on to Gross and makes it so that I am doing more damage from turn 4 onwards. Magnetic Reversal gives me a chance to pick and choose who receives the Extra Comet Punch.

Zone is here as a tech to help with set-up. SF 5’s Magnetic Search makes it easier to get the Gross up and running turn 3 and helps in setting up extras. NDP 32 is a good wall with mirror shot and special metals. It also can be a good back up attacker.

Rotom is around for the mid-game. He comes up to be sacrificed. He uses Dual Trans and waits to be KO’d. If an Electric weak poke is setting up with the intention of being annoying Rotom can use Reflect Energy to soften it up with minimal energy loss.

Options:
I considered adding in Dusknoir DP so that I can Reversal threats to the bench and send them back to deck with Noir but I felt that that might be complicating the NRG line up and making the deck too weak to power locking decks.

I also considered adding Poke Healer + or Life Herb to give the guys that are wearing the special energies a little longevity but I haven't convinced myself that it would be worthwhile considering the amount of OHKO that's going around.

Any opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back