Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Reward for Platinum Scans!

PokePop

Administrator
Staff member
[gal=42215]-[/gal]​

It's that time again. And your chance to earn some major bling!

PokeGym has a policy of not revealing card scans from new sets before prereleases by scanning cards from prerelease tournament supplies.
We have a good reason for this. Each of the owners of this site have signed agreements with PUI to hold such information confidential and there would be legal consequences for us if we broke that agreement.

However, scans of cards obtained from packs that are sold at stores that have put them on their shelves early are "free game"! We can (and have in the past) put up scans of cards from the new set if they are submitted to us from our members.

The only requirement that we'd have is to protect ourselves by ensuring that the cards don't come from someone's prerelease supplies. We'd still get in trouble for that!

So, here's the deal:

Find Platinum cards on sale early at some retailer.
Scan the images.
Submit them in our Gallery "Article Images" section.
Also scan either a store receipt or an image of the blister pack that they came in (prerelease packs don't come in a blister pack) so we can protect ourselves that we didn't violate out agreement.

In return, you will get:

A PokeGym die.
A set of PokeGym Rock/Paper/Scissors cards
A staff 2008 Origins promo (Shellos)
A staff 2008 Nationals promo (Luxray)

Time limit: The images would have to be uploaded by Friday, Jan 30th since PRs start on the 31st and at that point we can put up images of cards from the PRs that we will be running ourselves.

What a deal!
Go to it and get us some Platinum images!

When do the stores (who get the cards early) usually put them out?
Would they be out as of now?
and..
Would they most likely be at smaller stores, or at big stores like Walmart?

... sorry, one more.
Scans. How big do you want them, and what DPI/Resolution, etc.
Could we Just take a really good close-up photo, or do they have to be scans, good quality?

I'm pretty sure they have to be scans, not pics.

So, I got 6 days to find Platinum cards and scan them. I want PokeGym dice...

When do the stores (who get the cards early) usually put them out?
Would they be out as of now?
and..
Would they most likely be at smaller stores, or at big stores like Walmart?

... sorry, one more.
Scans. How big do you want them, and what DPI/Resolution, etc.
Could we Just take a really good close-up photo, or do they have to be scans, good quality?

If we knew when and where, we wouldn't need to ask people for them, we'd get them ourselves. :wink:

There are guidelines for scans for our gallery, but just take a look at the card images there to see how big they are,
They need to be a quality scan.

Any scans of cards from Platinum. Common/uncommon/rare/holo/Lv X's. I will also add to the pot for any scans you can get from cards released early from retailers - not pre - prerelease stock.

We aren't doing this to report any retailers. We're doing this to obtain scans that are legitimately obtained from retailers selling product early. Sometimes that is due to error or just plain ignorance. We're not trying to get anyone in trouble. Scans after the first prerelease date will not count. Hopefully no retailers will sell any product early, but if some do, we're interested in the scans.

Pokegym RPS cards are AWESOME! Take my word on this, they are very cool!

So let's say the promo packs or something like that come out early, can we just take a pic of that?
And/or are we allowed to marker out Credit Card and all that on the receipt?

We want scans of the cards. Not of a package. Any image of the packaging is just to confirm that the cards are not coming from prerelease supplies.
We don't want to see you private CC info.

Sweet I have many small cardshops around me so maybe I'll have to go in a little scavenger hunt! :)

4 stes ago my Store put the cards out a week before the first batch of Pre releases. Since then they never did it again. I wish they would so badely for this set because not only would i like that cool stuff but i want to see this set so BADELYYYYY!!!!

I guess i gotta see if they do it this week or not so i can get alot of cool stuff as well as see the very anticipated set.

Back