Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Rhyqueen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zephyr

HELP! This is a new decklist and I'm still trying to see whether I want to deck them out or disrupt the heck out of the opponent.

Pokemon (22)

3x Rhyhorn DP
2x Rhydon DP
3x Rhyperior DP
2x Nidoran d DF
1x Nidorina d DF
2x Nidoqueen d DF
2x Pidgey POP 4
1x Pidgeotto HP
2x Pidgeot POP 2
2x Mawile CG
2x Celebi EX POP 2

Supporters (15)

2x Fieldworker
2x Holon Lass
2x Holon Mentor
2x Celio's Network
2x Scott
2x Steven's Advice
3x Mr. Briney's Compassion

Stadiums (0)

Trainers (12)

2x Warp Point
4x Rare Candy
2x Super Scoop Up
4x Windstorm

Energy (11)

4x Fighting Energy
3x Scramble Energy
2x Double Rainbow Energy
2x Warp Energy

Basically, the deck is meant to deck out the opponent, using such micro-management combos like playing down a Celebi EX, taking back a candy, using wishing star to get the candy, evolving to Rhyperior, Switching to Pidgeot to beating wings Celebi back, Invite Celebi back, get ANOTHER candy, then scramble and solid rage Rhyperior for 100.

Wow, if only that happened every turn. But, that's basically everything I can possibly do in a single turn with this deck. That I can see, of course.

If I'm unable to deck them out, I just micro-manage Rhyperiors and Queens to try and take them out. That's a last-ditch option, though.

Hopefully that clears some things up. This is what the deck is supposed to do. If you want to twist it to some other purpose, don't post it here. If you have an edit to make that you think will improve the track that it's on, then please do so.

Thanks in advance,

~Zephyr

Last edited by a moderator:
bro, you have the right idea of using rhyperior, but you need to hone your skills of the giant stone monster, and i know just how to help.... i have the same deck but with adjustments, first lose all stadiums, lucario, riolu and one rhydon, put in 2 pidgeot of the pop2, and one pidgeoto and two pidgey of your choice, get rid of the last stadium for another candy. get rid of the scott for for umbreon star, and mining mawile. then you have to find out how to fit in plus power, and/or solid rage. so then when your down in the dumps just attach a solid rage and a couple of plus power and do lots o damage (you can attach mulitple plus powers to one of your guys)

You know, I went that direction the other day (been experimenting a lot since no one posted) and it didn't really work for me. I guess I just don't know how to play Rhyperior that way. I do, however, have this. And thanks for the suggestions, BTW.

Pokemon (22)

3x Rhyhorn DP
2x Rhydon DP
3x Rhyperior DP
2x Nidoran d DF
1x Nidorina d DF
2x Nidoqueen d DF
2x Pidgey POP 4
1x Pidgeotto HP
2x Pidgeot POP 2
3x Jirachi DX
1x Celebi EX POP 2

Supporters (14)

2x Fieldworker
2x Holon Lass
2x Lanette's Net Search
2x Celio's Network
2x Castaway
2x Steven's Advice
2x Mr. Briney's Compassion

Stadiums (0)

Trainers (13)

2x Warp Point
4x Rare Candy
1x Energy Root
2x Super Scoop Up
4x Windstorm

Energy (11)

5x Fighting Energy
3x Scramble Energy
2x Double Rainbow Energy
1x Warp Energy

This deck can either deck out the opponent or go offensive if it really feels like it. Also, massive bench micros are required to do anything with this deck. The cool thing is that I AM able to move stuff around like crazy. With an ideal setup (which I've gotten multiple times), I get off the ground right away with a Queen and an active Jirachi. I want to find room for a Briney's, but not without taking out key components like Celebi EX.

I thought about Umbreon *, and I'm confused. How does it help at all besides taking up space for a less effective tech-in? Maybe you're seeing something I'm not.

Last edited:
get rid of two jirachis for a rhyhorn and rhyperior, and call it good for now,... but you should still consider plus power, or at least a solid rage

thunderzero is a fool. if it works good ant you set up fast and right then dont change it. what he is playin at wiht the ubreon is that he can discard a card from the opponents hand and then he can play it then suffle it back in with the pidgeot. but i think it looks fine the way it is. you have a good stater and thats what thundrezero lacks, i know cause he's my chum. and dont put in mawile because if im right you cant search for supporters cause of the new rule. so that makes mining kind of useless especaily compaired to budew.

You know, I went that direction the other day (been experimenting a lot since no one posted) and it didn't really work for me. I guess I just don't know how to play Rhyperior that way. I do, however, have this. And thanks for the suggestions, BTW.

Pokemon (22)

3x Rhyhorn DP
2x Rhydon DP
3x Rhyperior DP
2x Nidoran d DF
1x Nidorina d DF
2x Nidoqueen d DF
2x Pidgey POP 4
1x Pidgeotto HP
2x Pidgeot POP 2
3x Jirachi DX
1x Celebi EX POP 2

Supporters (14)

2x Fieldworker
2x Holon Lass
2x Lanette's Net Search
2x Celio's Network
2x Castaway
2x Steven's Advice
2x Mr. Briney's Compassion

Stadiums (0)

Trainers (13)

2x Warp Point
4x Rare Candy
1x Energy Root
2x Super Scoop Up
4x Windstorm

Energy (11)

5x Fighting Energy
3x Scramble Energy
2x Double Rainbow Energy
1x Warp Energy

This deck can either deck out the opponent or go offensive if it really feels like it. Also, massive bench micros are required to do anything with this deck. The cool thing is that I AM able to move stuff around like crazy. With an ideal setup (which I've gotten multiple times), I get off the ground right away with a Queen and an active Jirachi. I want to find room for a Briney's, but not without taking out key components like Celebi EX.

I thought about Umbreon *, and I'm confused. How does it help at all besides taking up space for a less effective tech-in? Maybe you're seeing something I'm not.

budew would be pretty good as u have little basic energies. But jirachi work well too.

by then u'll have to shift to holon engine. holon engine is definitely better, researcher--- queen! mentor grabs every basic possible. no field worker, 1 lass , 1 castaway or none, mentor > lanette, copycat > steven's. 4-2-4 rhyperior.

thats all i can help

What is the point of the one riolu? Pray that they start with a castform, you open with a riolu, and that you get heads?

=/

u NEED super scoop up.
its essential for rhyperior so u ca use his effect 3-5 times a game.
just searching for him does nothing if anything from his line is prized.
plus,u have 3 stage 2's that hog rare candy,so its not easy for rhyperior to get out.

Include a strategy in your first post when you first create the thread or else it will get locked. You're lucky I merged your posts together to make it include a strategy. Please keep up with the rules next time.

murphy brian is right
thunderzero is a fool
he doesnt even have lucario or umbreon anymore
you should use speed stadium and fieldworker and unown d if you want
because they will tempt your opponent to draw which can make them deck faster

murphy brian is right
thunderzero is a fool
he doesnt even have lucario or umbreon anymore
you should use speed stadium and fieldworker and unown d if you want
because they will tempt your opponent to draw which can make them deck faster

"Grrr, I tempt you, sir"

Opponent: @_@;;;