Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

~ RI State Championships ~ March 20

PokeMeBob

RI State Championships

WHEN: Sunday, March 20

START TIME: 12:00 Noon

REGISTRATION FEE: FREE

WHERE: Disposable Heroes, 1428 Hartford Ave., Johnston, RI 02919. Plenty of free parking behind the store.

FORMAT: Modified Constructed - You must bring your own 60 card deck with cards from Ruby/Sapphire on, plus the ex Trainer Deck, POP promos, and Promos numbered 001 and higher. Cards from the World Championships Decks are NOT allowed, nor are cards printed prior to Ruby/Sapphire. You must fill out a deck registration sheet, which can be obtained here: http://members.aol.com/pokemebob/DeckForm.doc Please print out the decklist, fill it in, and bring it with you to register. Preliminary rounds will be Age Modified Swiss single game matches. The finals, by age, will be 2-out-of-3 game matches, single elimination.

PRIZES: the top finishers in each age group (15+, 11-14, 10 and under) will receive the following prizes:
  • 1st: 24 boosters, State Championships trophy, winner pin, prize bag, VIP badge, 4-day Origins Pass, and a $300 travel allowance for Nationals at Origins
  • 2nd: 16 boosters
  • 3rd-4th: 8 boosters
  • 5th-8th: 4 boosters
Everyone who enters will receive a State Championships Pin, State Championships Promo Card, and 2 POP Series 1 Promo Packs. If you wear your City Championship Medal from one of the RI CCs, you will also receive an annitional 5 POP Series 1 packs!

BJJ763 said:
No i'm afraid that's it. :D

You think me and Ray and Joe are going to let Cap walk in and take all the prizes :wink: ?! Not a snowball's chance in a hot place, BJ. Look for the three of us there on the Poke-weekend! (Ceder Grove Sat, RI Sunday, sleep optional.)

OMG! Another player for RI States...we may actually have enough people to hold a sanctioned tournament after all.:clap:

Darkash said:
You think me and Ray and Joe are going to let Cap walk in and take all the prizes :wink: ?! Not a snowball's chance in a hot place, BJ. Look for the three of us there on the Poke-weekend! (Ceder Grove Sat, RI Sunday, sleep optional.)

You tell em steve. I gotta get my revenge for stalling in milford and get my revenge on nick cap for that loss to him in states last year. See ya all sunday :)

great tourny! big turn out (capacity crowd). Big thanks to bob, brian and tom for running a well organized fun filled event. learned a lot a had a lot of fun (once again). keep up the good work, it's well appreciated :) thumbs up to disposable heros for holding the event,and YAY ! for my venusaur figurine set! da grass is back!

Last edited:
Congrats on you T8ing in the 15+ and Aaron T8ing in the 10 & Under. Someday i know Aaron will get over that hump! Not you though. Sorry. :p *wonders how'd you get in T8 anyways* That's almost like Jerry T8ing.......no not that bad......

Hey brian great judging again. You and bob do a good job running these events and it was fun playing. Cant believe i made it to top 2 again. I wish i could of taken out nick cap but hey he is much better then me at this game and i cant beat him. >< I guess ill try again at regionals. :)

See ya all in may :biggrin:

BJJ763 said:
Congrats on you T8ing in the 15+ and Aaron T8ing in the 10 & Under. Someday i know Aaron will get over that hump! Not you though. Sorry. :p *wonders how'd you get in T8 anyways* That's almost like Jerry T8ing.......no not that bad......

don't get too cocky brian; i might actually keep my mind on the game some day long enough to read some of the cards i use, not to mention the ones my opponent uses :) i would rather chat as play anyway, got other battles to win. as for aaron, he's got the head, and desire to win :) just needs the confidence, league is good for that, and your knowledge can help :)

anyway everyone one has been great fun win or loose, always a high point of my weekend even if it is a lot of exertion. we'll keep it up as much as the wife allows! i've just got to get my daughter to read the cards, hehe!

Cocky? Me? No just ribbing you like i always do. :p Especially when you win.....er T8... just wait'll Jerry does it.....

Quotes from the tourney cuz you probably weren't there and someone finally said something worth mentioning....

Tim said:
Swoop there it is
After Cap played Swoop! Teleporter. Groans and dancing broke out at that....Tim was warned by several people to never ever say that again. Dancers were warned to never dance again. Ever.

Cap said:
I'm 13373r than you and I don't say "r0xs0r"
After Ben used "r0xs0r" in a sentence.

You know, after reading this thread, particularly the last few comments, I must admit that we have a pretty kewl group of people who play at TJ's events. You guys are a lot of fun to be with, and I am thankful to Pokemon for bringing such a diverse group of people together under one roof. Yes, we have our differences, and yes we get upset when we lose. But in the end, we do it for the fun of it and that really comes through. What better way is there to spend a day?

Sincere thanks to all the wonderful people, both players and parents, who grace the halls of TJs (and its affiliates) to play Pokemon!
:smile:

PokeMeBob said:
You know, after reading this thread, particularly the last few comments, I must admit that we have a pretty kewl group of people who play at TJ's events. You guys are a lot of fun to be with, and I am thankful to Pokemon for bringing such a diverse group of people together under one roof. Yes, we have our differences, and yes we get upset when we lose. But in the end, we do it for the fun of it and that really comes through. What better way is there to spend a day?

Sincere thanks to all the wonderful people, both players and parents, who grace the halls of TJs (and its affiliates) to play Pokemon!
:smile:

yeah bob, i've got to agree, whether i'm learning from one of the youngsters, or the prof's i have a darn good time winning or loosing :). it's the companionship, and good fellowship of the league that shines through week after week i look forward to.

brian, that 'cocky' comment was one of those slap on the back things, i've got a lot to learn from you and your sons, great team members all!

also special thanks to Ben at T8, who showed me how a pro can build a bench that just looked effortless, rock on ben!

Bob your right. Nomatter who is where and from what backround the TJ's crowds are the best and most diverse. Never playing in anger and always playing to win as well as have fun. We all learn from eachother and give the best battles we can. Through all i said its an honor to play under the roof of a great TO like you and Brian.

Hope regionals is as good as the states were. See ya tehre in may :biggrin:

Back