Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Richmond VA Regional Championship - Sandston, VA 4/18/09

Feraligatr

Plan now to attend the Pokemon Regional Championship in Richmond, VA!!!

Hard to believe this is next week!!!

Click on the link below for all the details...sorry this is so late in coming...work has been getting in the way past couple months...

Not sure about side events at this point...will let everyone know on Sat once I see how everything is progressing on Sat...

I will also have flyers for local restaurants with directions from the hotel.
Feel free to email me at [email protected] with any questions.
Can't wait to see everyone there next week!!!

Link
http://www.ncscpokemon.com/RIREG_2009.html

Pictures
http://community.webshots.com/user/feraligatr14

See post below from David. This will be great for everyone as a chance to not only play test but meet both local and out of town/state players before the BIG EVENT!!!
Put it here to make it easier to find.

Don't forget the night-before-regionals league from 6:30 til 9:30 PM on the 17th at Battle City Games, 11031 Hull Street Rd (Victorian Square Shopping Center, corner of Hull Street Rd and Genito Rd) Midlothian, VA 23112. Fun, playtesting, and CAKE!! Mmmmmm!!
Directions: http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1381717&postcount=5

Last edited:
Awesome.

We might even be able to spend the night friday and saturday with this AWESOME discount!

Does anyone know if there will also be a regionals in MD?

Are Wii's going to be the grand prize at all regionals?

va and maryland(at least teh south and teh north) is like 30 minutes....there shouldnt be anyother one in md, this one is mid-atlantic regionals,

*sigh* i hope this isnt far from tims league :D

OMFG A WII???? AT LEAST THATS SOMETHING NEW!!!!(wish i was still in juniors....)

thanks for teh update uh.... feraligator, you are a nc and a sc pto right? thanks man

Does anyone know if there will also be a regionals in MD?

Are Wii's going to be the grand prize at all regionals?

Probably no to both. VA and MD aren't very far apart, and I think the Wii is an unofficial door prize. So, you would have a chance of winning it.:tongue:

IIRC, I recall that the Regional to the north will be in the Philly area and to the south in the Atlanta area. So, this WILL be the mid Atlantic Regional!! I want to see a HUGE VA/MD turnout for this awesome event. Feraligatr is a GREAT PTO and will run an absolutely fantastic event!

va and maryland(at least teh south and teh north) is like 30 minutes....there shouldnt be anyother one in md, this one is mid-atlantic regionals,
charchar, unless something has changed, Virginia has always been a part of the Southeast Regionals: Virginia, North and South Carolina. Maryland is the Mid-Atlantic. The regionals I took you to in Delaware and the one we attended last year in Maryland were Mid-Atlantic. If you're from my leagues, unless you went independant of me, you have never attended your own regional.

*sigh* i hope this isnt far from tims league :D
You know how, back when I didn't have to work and study all the time, we would go to Midlothian and Tanner would get us lost? It's around there.

This event covers... what?

MD, VA, WVA, NC, SC, KY, TENN ?

and it's gonna happen 1 about an hour from my home...

That's hott !!

Will the Mattinglys be on staff at this event?

Rogue Archetype, by traditional outlines, this event only covers Virginia, the Carolinas, and West Virginia (which I forgot about it because, until recently, WV didn't have any tournament players :biggrin:). Maryland has been traditionally covered in the event which is currently in Penn. I don't expect to see a lot of Maryland people at this event since I would think the Penn location would be closer. Tennassee and Kentucky are both placed in the Mississippi Valley region, but I hear it is a trek to go to that regional if given the option to go to Southeast if you live on our side of the mountains.

I just realized how much it sucks to live in Hawaii and Alaska and play Pokemon.

Will the Mattinglys be on staff at this event?

Rogue Archetype, by traditional outlines, this event only covers Virginia, the Carolinas, and West Virginia (which I forgot about it because, until recently, WV didn't have any tournament players :biggrin:). Maryland has been traditionally covered in the event which is currently in Penn. I don't expect to see a lot of Maryland people at this event since I would think the Penn location would be closer. Tennassee and Kentucky are both placed in the Mississippi Valley region, but I hear it is a trek to go to that regional if given the option to go to Southeast if you live on our side of the mountains.

I just realized how much it sucks to live in Hawaii and Alaska and play Pokemon.

It will all depend on which one I think we have an easier time winning.

Will florida or Illinos people be coming up/down for this or is there one closer to their home?

It's doubtful.

It looks like there is a Regionals in Florida and also one in Georgia. I can't imagine anyone from Florida passing up both those options to go to Richmond to get stomped by the likes of Mike Pramawat, Luke Reed, and Tim Foley.

uhm.. I'm thinkin you can get STOMPED at ANY Regional ..

because stompin' is what all the cool people are doin' .. :biggrin:

Anyway...

I'm thinkin' we're going to see some names IN ADDITION TO those you've mentioned Top cutting...

There's just TOO MANY combos and cards to contribute to unexpected SDs and some new emerging potential archetypes (Rogue ones even :wink:) to give anyone an Auto-cut (<== auto-cut .. ahahaha... I just keep on inventin' the new PokeTerminologeez .. )

It's doubtful.

It looks like there is a Regionals in Florida and also one in Georgia. I can't imagine anyone from Florida passing up both those options to go to Richmond to get stomped by the likes of Mike Pramawat, Luke Reed, and Tim Foley.

:lol: cause im sure J. Silvestro and J. Ballard's number one enimy is tim foley :lol:

It's doubtful.

Whats with everyone going on about how great Tim is? :lol::tongue:

Back