Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Ridiculous Lugia Plush auction

The seller is from Hong Kong and is a power seller with 99.4% positive feedback. The bidders may be from all over the world not just one country. I find it bizarre on how many bids it has it started out as basically $10 on the 21st of July! that's not that long ago. So to me this stinks of a 'schilling' or some crazy bidding war with a few key participators.

Now I know I shouldn't judge I've been 'guilty' of spending allot on rare Pokemon cards, I just find this auction interesting on how quickly this auction took off while say several ultra Pokemon cards are available on ebay and are IMO should be getting more attention than this lugia plush toy, I mean how are you going to protect this item from dust, wear and tear, exposed UV that will distort the pigment of the plush etc. while enjoying to look at it?

i want =) if only i was a uber rich.. will-iam aren't u the person who bought the dark raichu card?

I bought the Prerelease-Raichu if that's what you mean.

Do you know of any reason why this lugia plush has so much quick attention? The seller says it's a promotional prize item that is of obvious limited quantity but so are several Pokemon cards that are on ebay and seeing that the most popular thing in Pokemon are the cards/card game and that there are some really rare cards up like two No. 1 SSB Mewtwos (only six in the world) for undervalued price tags IMO for a prime example and are not getting the sort of attention that this plush is getting makes me find this Lugia auction fishy.

I would think the rare Ampharos plush would gather more attention... and I've seen the legedary dog Pokémon Center NYC plushes go for several hundred but this...

This is ridiculous.

Woah... does anybody find it weird that bids went up from $3,500 to $4,000? That's not the only big gap - is this thing even worth anywhere near as much as this?

It is a very rare plush and it is the 1999 plush right when the 2nd gen was introduced in japan. It never hit America and there aren't many that exist especially brand new with tags. This plush is similar to the trophy cards from that time period, so that is why the price is this high. I have seen some plushs reach prices like this, the limited ones only in japan are the most sought after, and there are some avid plushie collectors out there well this auction proves that:thumb:

you know what the funniest thing is? he's had to take down several auctions for plushes because they were bootlegs. dollars to dimes, this is one of them!

It is a very rare plush and it is the 1999 plush right when the 2nd gen was introduced in japan. It never hit America and there aren't many that exist especially brand new with tags. This plush is similar to the trophy cards from that time period, so that is why the price is this high. I have seen some plushs reach prices like this, the limited ones only in japan are the most sought after, and there are some avid plushie collectors out there well this auction proves that:thumb:

What confuses me though is that from the item description, this came out of those vending games? So can't be that rare, right?

Forgive me, I know nothing about plush toys...

No, sorry this auction shows if anything avid plush collectors aren't as cautious as Pokemon card collectors when it comes to collecting.

As I said earlier how would one be able to enjoy/display the plush without damaging it, I mean the lugia looks pretty large and as you know scott one thing out of many things that collectors like is the ability to safely and proudly display their collection big or small and I can't see that happening with that lugia plush. Speaking/typing about plushes too bad you cut the TY swing tag from Punchers:tongue:

Thanks PRguitarman for that link you put in this thread it clears up allot of problems:smile:

Something must have gotten caught on it. It's back down to 81.00 and has a significantly lower number of bids.

Something must have gotten caught on it. It's back down to 81.00 and has a significantly lower number of bids.

Yes I just went on ebay to inform buddy Brian some really good news that will hopefully boost his SSB trophy card offers and didn't see the Plush Lugia *I put highest prices first* I thought the auction of the Lugia got shut down. I'm surprised this guy from Hong Kong has been getting away with this for crying out loud a power seller!? Thanks to the popularity of the Pokegym to the Pokemon community of collectors and players alike people will steer clear from these bootlegged counterfeit gipped auctions.

I have a #231 Phanpy made by Tomy in 2001 that has never been opened I wonder if that would go for a price like that:confused:

I have a #231 Phanpy made by Tomy in 2001 that has never been opened I wonder if that would go for a price like that:confused:

I guess not. The Lugia has the bonus that it's a Lugia and everyone loves Lugia ;)
I can't tell if the Phanpy is rare or not, but if it's as rare as the Lugia it would prolly still go for less.

Hey, awesome icon (I should know, I made it ;D) haha.

But yeah, there are so many more collectors that aren't in Pokegym or communities or know anything about bootleg sellers, so that auction will still go up in price regardless.

Hey, awesome icon (I should know, I made it ;D) haha.

But yeah, there are so many more collectors that aren't in Pokegym or communities or know anything about bootleg sellers, so that auction will still go up in price regardless.

There would be no validity of proof that the auction and the seller is phony? is it because the seller is a power seller? Since no one should be able to get away with these sort of auctions. Are some of these promo plushies equal in scarcity to the trophy cards? That they can command such high prices?

Really how do you know this?

i bought a shadow lugia plush from him for $10 (should have raised a HUGE flag right there) and when i received it, it was obviously fake. i did the whole paypal dispute and got my money back, less my shipping costs to send it back. that caused a vendetta for a couple of years where i hawked his auctions and reported every bootleg he put up for sell, most of which ebay had him remove...

that's how

went ahead and reported this one too :( i really feel bad for the bidders if ebay doesn't pull this auction

Last edited:
Back