Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

RIP: Decks that will be killed by Mewtwo EX

RogueListers

Anyone else running a deck that will be useless come Mewtwo EX? I run T-Tar/Serperior/Max Potion (8-4 Cities) and am just counting the days until this deck finally bites the dust. I mean sure, I can hit for 160 with 4 Sp Darks, but they'll just swing back for 100+ and I just won't be able to keep up. I just want to enjoy my last few Mewtwo-free leagues and post a memorial to decks that will no longer be playable once Mewtwo EX hits stateside.

Eulogies are welcome, too

~.Rest in Peace.~
-:dark::grass:Tyranitar/Serperior
-:psychic:Gothitelle/Reuniclus
-:fighting:Conkeldurr
-:fighting:DonChamp

To counter Mewtwo EX, use Mewtwo EX...

Just throw in a Mewtwo EX, a few DCE and you should be fine :D

~.Rest in Peace.~
-:dark::grass:Tyranitar/Serperior
-:psychic:Gothitelle/Reuniclus
-:fighting:Conkeldurr
-:fighting:DonChamp
These decks were still alive?

btw how does Mewtwo counter Tyranitar more than MagnEel, CaKE and all the other decks that are already around?

These decks were still alive?

btw how does Mewtwo counter Tyranitar more than MagnEel, CaKE and all the other decks that are already around?

Gothitelle was still barely hanging on, and the other ones I have no idea.
NV landed a huge hit on Gothitelle and Mewtwo EX will be the final nail for its coffin.

I see a big love<>hate relationship between Mewtwo EX and Gothitelle.

Gothitelle with Gardevior, 2 psychic energy, does 30+80 (2 psychic = 4 psychic with gardevior) = 110 x 2 (weakness) = guaranteed OHKO on Mewtwo EX regardless of almost anything.

Mewtwo EX with DCE vs. Gothitelle with at least 2 energy attached = 80 x 2 (weakness) for the guaranteed OHKO on Gothitelle regardless of almost anything.

Mewtwo EX takes less time to setup but it also costs 2 prizes. Gothitelle takes longer to setup but only requires 2 psychic energy (one more attachment than mewtwo) and can stop the Mewtwo player from playing all Item cards (no catcher, eviolite, scoop up, junk arm, plus power).

Whenever a new set comes out things are made useless, don't see what's special about this one.
Posted with Mobile style...

All of the decks that already exist will likely continue to exist, only with the inclusion of Mewtwo. Furthermore, new decks will arise that use Mewtwo as a main attacker. The decks that were already suffering will continue to suffer with or without Mewtwo. I don't feel the hate.

Back