3 Rare Candy
2 GB
2 FB
4 Juggler
2 TV
1 SER

Energy: 20
20 Water Energy

Bringin' back a classic is always fun ;), unfortunately I can't test this one:(.

Last edited:
Yeah, you wish it was still WOTC's modified :)

If this is unlimited, I can't see how you could miss including trash exchange and misty's wrath. Those two cards right there are, or were, enough to run gatr smooth as satin back in the day.

Hey! I wrote a post that was less than 500 words! Go me!

Have you looked at my Unlimited deck article? If not, I suggest you take a look. Also, instead of Delcatty, a popular Pokemon to combo with Gatr is Revelation Parasect, to keep the Water Energy from being shuffled back into the deck. The Trainer engine isn't very good for Unlimited. My article contains a number of suggestions for Unlimited Trainers.

Okay, I've made some changes. Wudoya think? Thanks for the advice dkates! Yet another gr8 article;)

Last edited:
I'd drop the Delcatty line. It's great in E-on, but it's just gonna slow you down in Unlimited. Instead, put in 2 Cleffa and 2 Tyrogue. I'm also going to advise you to drop one Totodile and one Feraligatr -- you'll need the space later. Also, your Trainer engine still isn't up to snuff. Keep 2 Rare Candies, but drop everything else. There are far better Trainers in Unlimited for what you have in mind. Oak, Computer Search, SER, and Item Finder, all of which are staples, have an added bonus here -- they help get Energy in the discard pile, where you want it. Also, use Focus Band, Lass, Gold Berry, Switch, and Gust of Wind. Also, as Dendro mentioned, Trash Exchange works wonders for this deck. 2 each of the Trainers I've listed should work. Now, you have one space left. I'm actually going to advise you to drop a Water Energy, to make room for something important for this deck specifically -- Recall. You have the right Totodile for this already -- just put Recall on a damaged Feraligatr (especially one you just attached a Gold Berry to), and you can use Totodile's Rage for a cheap, powerful attack. I know, Riptide decks are helped by a high Energy count. But if you don't have the right Trainers in Unlimited, it hurts worse than having the lower Energy count.

Pokemon (21):
3 Totodile (Rage)
1 Croconaw (Sweep Away)
3 Feraligatr (Riptide)
3 Paras (Revelation)
3 Parasect (Revelation)
2 Cleffa (Genesis)
2 Tyrogue (Discovery)

Trainers (22):
2 Rare Candy
2 Trash Exchange
2 Professor Oak
2 Computer Search
2 Item Finder
2 Super Energy Removal
2 Focus Band
2 Gold Berry
2 Switch
2 Gust of Wind
2 Recall
2 Lass

Energy (19):
19 Water Energy

Still a bit unusual for Unlimited, but I think it just might work. After all, this strategy was quite the archetype in Neon. The Trainer engine would have been different -- this one's a smaller version of a pretty standard Unlimited Trainer engine, plus some cards specifically needed for this kind of deck. Same basic strategy, with just a few small changes. Start out stalling with Tyrogue/Cleffa, preferably Cleffa with a Focus Band. Meanwhile, set up at least one each, preferably two each, of Feraligatr and Parasect. Work on powering up Gatr and getting Energy discarded. Then, once you're ready, bring in Gatr and have fun! When Gatr gets damaged, Gold Berry it and use Recall for Rage. Just remember to never leave a Paras or Parasect active -- since you don't have Grass Energy (don't add any), they can't do much in the Active position. But do expect your opponent to occasionally Gust one up and kill it. Also, if you can manage it, try to play Totodile and evolve it to Feraligatr on turn 2, rather than having Totodile in play on turn 1. Watch out for Scyther and Pichu -- if you see them, take them out ASAP. Pichu's easy, but Scyther could be trouble. Don't really know how to help on that one. If you like, you could use Revelation Qwilfish instead of Tyrogue, but I'm not really sure whether it's a good idea. There are probably even better ways to do the Trainer engine -- I made sure to have all the staples, but only 2 each makes them a little less effective.

What about Nurse and Juggler?!? Those were pratically made for this deck! Plus the reason I like Delcatty in this deck is because you must discard nrg, and you get 3 cards!

Last edited:
Nurse and Juggler are not bad cards, don't get me wrong, but they're Supporters. You'll note that the Trainer engine I gave you has exactly one Supporter, which is just as good as having no Supporters at all. This is because in Unlimited, you really need to avoid limiting your options.

I understand that, I really do, but with Juggler, Gatr gets moving soooooooooooooo much faster. I agree with you about GB/FB over Nurse though .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back