Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Rising Rivals Volkner's Philosophy Revealed

PokeDaddy

displayimage.php

Volkner's Philosophy

Pokémon TCG has released another card for the up and coming set, Rising Rivals.

For more information please go here.

Last edited:
First post. :biggrin: Edit: NVM

Well pretty good card overall, but I see this being our next Rare Candy, with him being a down-graded Claydol. D:

Last edited:
cool-uxie for one less card and don't worry about power spray :)

think i can make a heavy hitting, competitive, fast, zero energy deck now :)

i can see how it may be somewhat like a claydol but how a rare candy
im not saying your wrong i just wanna know if you see somthing in here that i dont

btw best draw supporter in a very long time it provides the discard option like felicity for thoes decks that need NRG in the discard and has potential to draw more cards than another supporter in the modified format second only to cynthia.

great card 8/10

I think Shaymin means that it will be like a rare candy in that Volkner will be a staple in most decks. (Just like candy, where 4 is a must in most decks with any stage 2's)

I am not sure i agree but if this war CotD i would give it an 8/10. Not quite a staple like candy but quite popular nevertheless. :pokeball:

With a lot of the decent draw supporters leaving, this one will have to clean up.

By the way, is it just me or does it look like he has lightning coming out of his head?

It's like having 4 Claydols in my deck..

except... it's NOT a Claydol ..

but.. it DRAWS like a Claydol ..

but.. it Discards like a SUPER FELICITY'S ..

IT'S A FELICIDOL !!!!

Only 4 in a deck. If Claydol rotates out...only 4 in a deck, anyone else see an issue?

In a difficult battle, how many times have you used cosmic...?

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

But on the good side...Cyrus can get one out of your deck...

Last edited:
i can see how it may be somewhat like a claydol but how a rare candy
im not saying your wrong i just wanna know if you see somthing in here that i dont

btw best draw supporter in a very long time it provides the discard option like felicity for thoes decks that need NRG in the discard and has potential to draw more cards than another supporter in the modified format second only to cynthia.

great card 8/10

I meant price-wise. x3

A lot of decks still use 1-2 Cynthia's. Can be a real game-saver.

I can see Volkner's being used in excessive quantity - great card!

I still see 4 Rosey, 4 Bebe/Cyrus, and 1-2 Cynthia being used over this card, simply because they're that powerful. Then again, without the insane amount of Power-based draw supposedly in the next format (Claydol is really that huge), this could possibly get priority over Bebe in certain decks...

Only 4 in a deck. If Claydol rotates out...only 4 in a deck, anyone else see an issue?

In a difficult battle, how many times have you used cosmic...?
Countless times. But how much space does Claydol take up in your deck? On your bench? How many times have you had to spend your other resources to get that Claydol up and running?

Don't get me wrong. I love me some Claydol. But this card is the awesome.

With a lot of the decent draw supporters leaving, this one will have to clean up.

By the way, is it just me or does it look like he has lightning coming out of his head?

The lightning is just coming from between the fuses in the sunyshore city Gym...

This card isnt that great. Our supporters arent great right now if this is the best we have.

I don't see this Supporter replacing Uxie or Claydol. Claydol can go to work every turn. Uxie can be easily recycled.

It is still a quality card in the right deck.

8/10

Back