Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Road to Victory

LegendaryLugia

Hello people. I write novels in my spare time so I thought: let's give it a try!

Prologue

In the beginning there was one pokemon: Mew. This pokemon spun around in nothingness, amiable and happy for dozens of milleniums.

But one day Mew got bored. It created Palkia and Diagla who created Time and Space. But now there were planets with no life and Mew thought it unfair. So Mew created Arceus who gave the gift of life to hundreds of trillions of pokemon. Arceus placed them on a planet called Jun, a perfect planet with water, earth, magma, grass and every surface pokemon needed to thrive. Two pokemon: Lugia and Ho-Oh decided not to live on Jun and flew around the universe as Mew had done in nothingness all those years ago. They spawned powerful pokemon while they wandered. Ho-Oh created Entei, Suicune and Raikou and Lugia created Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos. These eight pokemon flew around the universe together, christening planets and creating them.

Meanwhile, Arceus had taken over Mew as the god of pokemon. After Arceus gained Mew's powers, he moved all pokemon to earth, in about 2000 BC. But Mew was not entirely powerless and created a pokemon it could trust, since all the others had betrayed him by pledging themselves to Arceus. That pokemon was Celebi and it travelled with Mew through Time, something Arceus couldn't do. But Darkrai, an evil pokemon, had crept out of the depths, created by a legendary traitor. Darkrai and its creator started planning a revolution, which would not come into effect for another 4000 years, when they would be aided by an unknowing trainer, who would unknowingly destroy the world...

I like it! Very descriptive, and great storyline! Can't wait for chapter 1!

Thanks guys! Notice the absence of Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Registeel, Regice and Regirock along with Jirachi and Deoxys. It is deliberate. Chapter 1 coming soon.

You also missed Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Hetran, Regigigas, Cresselia, Shaymin, Mewtwo, i think thats it.

Why are they missing?

Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf are missing deliberately. Mewtwo is a man-made pokemon created by human scientests that were trying to create the perfect pokemon under the leadership of Team Rocket's leader, Giovanni (watch the first movie, the bit near the end is touching). Heatran, Cresselia and Shaymin I didn't include because they aren't part of the plot. Regigas ties in with the other Regis, as does Latios and Latias.

Oh yeah, Chapter 1...

Chapter 1 - The Start of the Winding Road

“Absol!”

Absol stared down at his feet. He was sitting on his bed, fully dressed. Why now? he thought glumly. His mum had told him a month previously that he was to start his pokemon training journey in a month, but he couldn’t believe the time had flown by so quickly. He would miss his friends, family, especially Kari. Just when Kari and he had started to get closer, this had pulled them apart…

Absol was 15 and had long, greasy black hair. He had a very small mouth and thin, dark eyebrows that accented his words when he talked. At the moment he was wearing a black waistcoat with a pocket that contained 10 pokeballs, a white T-shirt, ripped jeans and a new pair of running shoes. He was to be given his first pokemon today and he wondered what it would be.

“Absol! You should be seeing Professor Oak just now!” shouted his mum from downstairs.

Professor Oak was visiting Sinnoh at the moment and had agreed to give Absol his first pokemon. His dad and Oak were old friends. His dad was the ex-Gym Leader of Sunyshore city, and was a good trainer. Absol, his mum and his dad still lived in Sunyshore city.

Sighing, Absol picked himself up off the bed and headed out of his room, smiling sadly as he noted that he wouldn’t see it again for another two years.

His mum was waiting for him at the bottom of the stairs. “Your bike is outside and I’ve packed everything for you,” she said briskly. “Your rucksack’s there -” she nodded at the door “- and your water bottle is clipped onto your bike.” She looked at Absol, worried-looking now. “You’ll come back every couple of months to see me, won’t you?” she said anxiously.

“Yes I will -”

“And you’ll write to me every month as well?”

“Yeah.”

“I’ll see you soon then,’ she said, fighting back tears.

“Yeah,’ Absol said, trying to sound light-hearted. Without another word, he picked up his rucksack, stumbled out of the door and clambered onto his bike. As he rode off, he waved back at his mum and his house, knowing that he wouldn’t return for a long time, despite what he told his mum.

In a cave near Snowpoint city, an Alakazam and an Absol watched a glass ball in which a swirling mist hung.

“You think he’s the one?” said the Absol.

“Yes.”

Absol exhaled heavily. “When do I have to leave?” he asked.

“Now,” replied the Alakazam soberly.

Absol sighed again.

“I have the power to send you to the boy’s destination now,” said the Alakazam, “but it’s up to you whether you want to go through with this. Just remember what is at stake when you make your decision.”

Absol nodded.

“You would like me to send you there?” Alakazam asked.

“Yes.”

Alakazam nodded sadly. “Luck to you my friend.”

“Luck.”

Slowly, Alakazam raised his spoons and muttered a few intelligible words. The spoons shimmered, and the light around Absol shone a faint red. Then a cracking noise was heard from the spoon and Absol vanished with a flash of white light.

“Luck,” Alakazam muttered, and walked away.

You also forgot that Entei, Suicune, and Raiku were created later on earth, at Ho-oh's tower when the tower was set fire by humans, but three Pokemon got trapped, so Ho-oh transformed them into the Legendary cats, and they managed to escape.

Okay, kind of weird. Reminds me of the Eevee story, with the Trainer being named Eevee.

Just what I thought. =D Also, the beginning is sort of similar to mine, because it describes how the universe started, and Absol is named after a Pokemon like Eevee is, and Absol doesn't want to start his journey, like Eevee. So, they are pretty similar.

Anyway, like the story, I'll read more when you post Chapter 2. Good job! :thumb:

Sorry Arceus 999. The pokemon called Absol and the trainer called Absol is necessary to the overall plot. Absol warms up to his journey soon after leaving as well. Sorry about prologue as well: necessary for the story line. I really like your story, though, Arceus 999. Chapter 2 being posted in approximetely, er ... 5 minutes.

Meditite rox: not keeping to pokemon anime storyline.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind if you were inspired by kmy story. There are plenty of differences, anyway, like Absol is sad to leave because he'll miss his mom and sister, unlike Eevee, who doesn't want to go on a Pokemon journey because he doesn't believe in Pokemon and is too lazy! Also, this story is much more serious then mine.

Can't wait for Chapter 2!

Sorry about the long delay of Chapter 2, slight technical glitch.

Anyway, here it is: (WARNING: Fairly long chapter)

Chapter 2 -The Loss of an Oak

Absol cycled westwards out of Sunyshore city, headed towards Pastoria. He climbed off his bike in the hut leading out of the city and was spotted by Max, a friend of his father’s.

“That you heading off on your journey, Absol,” he asked, leaning on the wallpapered wall.

“Yeah,” Absol replied casually.

“Good luck kiddo.”

Absol walked out of the hut and climbed onto his bike.

He rode across the beach and along the seafront. More experienced trainers glanced at him, but turned away when they realized there were no pokeballs clipped onto the side of waistcoat, the sign of a trainer. He then followed the path to Valor Lakefront and past the resort. People nodded pleasantly at him, but didn’t show any signs of interest, as they would to a trainer. He rode across a second seafront and swiftly through the long grass after that. After about 15 minutes, he reached Pastoria city. He then rode to the house Professor Oak was staying in.

The house was a white cottage with a thatched roof. Smoke swirled out of a chimney stack on top of it. Absol rang the doorbell, and Professor Oak answered the door.

“Absol!” Oak said, greeting him warmly. “Come in, come in…”

Absol slipped through the door and followed Oak into the kitchen. The walls were painted yellow and the room had a jolly feeling to it. Oak sat down at the table and Absol sat down opposite him.

“So, you’re here for your first pokemon?”

Absol nodded.

“Good, good. You have a choice of three pokemon: I have their pokeballs here…” Oak pulled 3 red-and-white pokeballs from his pocket and placed them on the table.

“The first pokeball contains a pokemon called Piplup,” he said, picked up the first of the balls and pressed his thumb on the button in the center of the ball. There was a blinding flash of red light that flew out from the ball and when Absol’s vision had recovered, he saw a small blue penguin standing next to the table.

“This is Piplup,” Oak said. “He’s a penguin pokemon and is very playful.”

Absol blanched.

Oak read the sign and sucked Piplup back into the pokeball. He picked up the second ball and released a second pokemon. It was a red monkey with a yellow belly and a flame on the tip of its tail: a Chimchar. The Chimchar grinned cheekily up at Absol.

Absol shook his head. Oak sighed and returned Chimchar to his pokeball. He picked up the final pokemon and let out the final pokemon.

“This is a Turtwig,” said Oak. “He’s very friendly and affectionate.”

The pokemon looked like a green-and-yellow tortoise, and stared up with big eyes up at Absol. He nibbled Absol’s hand affectionately (Turtwig, not the Professor).

“I’ll take him,” Absol announced, picking up Turtwig. The Turtwig let out a small cry of happiness. Oak smiled and handed Absol over Turtwig’s pokeball. “He’s all yours,” the Professor smiled.

Suddenly, the front door burst open. 3 men dressed completely in black and wearing tinted sunglasses ran into the house. They grabbed Professor Oak by the arms and hauled him out of his house.

“You didn’t see nothin’, man, did you?” one of them asked over Oak’s shoulder. Absol didn’t reply. As they were taking them out of the door, Professor Oak dropped Turtwig’s pokeball for Absol to pick up. Absol dashed for the pokeball, but one of the men picked it up.

“Kid, you’re not taking this,” he said. “We could sell it,” he grinned evilly. Then he looked thoughtfully at it. “You can’t remember this,” he muttered, and took out one of his own pokeballs.

“Dusknoir, go!” he shouted. A huge grey, and yellow pokemon with a single eye appeared beside him. “Dusknoir, wipe his mind!” he yelled cruelly.

Dusknoir stared dead at Absol. Absol felt his legs go heavy and the room swirled in front of him. He was losing his mind.

There was a blinding flash of light and when it cleared, there was a white dog pokemon with a black crest above his head standing in front of Absol. The pokemon looked at the Dusknoir sadly then attacked him. Black and purple rings flew out of the pokemon’s mouth, like bubbles from a fish. Every one was punctuated by a sharp cry from the pokemon and a deep grunt of pain from the Dusknoir when the ring hit them. The Dusknoir looked like it was about to collapse after about 4 of these rings. Its owner, the man wearing black, returned it to its ball, and hurried away after the Oak kidnappers who had vanished, scared of the pokemon’s power.

Absol, who had seen the whole thing (his focus had cleared after Dusknoir lost interest in him), watched the pokemon in awe, Turtwig standing next to him.

“Who are you?” he asked, not expecting the pokemon to answer.

“I am Absol,” the pokemon replied in a grand voice.

Life was about to get confusing.

Nice chapter, although you can remove the long chapter warning; this chapter is nothing compared to the ones in some other fanfics (Crystal Hikara's come to mind...). Anyways, it kind of lacks detail, although I'm sure bullados will tell you about that if/when he reads this. A few grammar errors:

LegendaryLugia said:
“That you heading off on your journey, Absol?” he asked, leaning on the wallpapered wall.

LegendaryLugia said:
After about fifteenminutes, he reached Pastoria city.

LegendaryLugia said:
“Good, good. You have a choice of three pokemon; I have their pokeballs here….

LegendaryLugia said:
Oak smiled and handed over Turtwig’s pokeball to Absol.

LegendaryLugia said:
Three men dressed completely in black and wearing tinted sunglasses ran into the house.

Oh, and it's PokéBall and Pokémon, not pokeball and pokemon.

It's good, but do you call that a long chapter? You should see RQO. Those are LONG chapters.
The pokemon looked like a green-and-yellow tortoise, and stared up with big eyes up at Absol. He nibbled Absol’s hand affectionately (Turtwig, not the Professor).

The (Turtwig, not the Professor) part should be taken out, really, because Professor Oak was not mentioned at all in the paragraph. It was mostly a description of Turtwig.

nice story so far but a few questions

1.was turtwig the pokemon who saved absol
2.did the kidnappers take turtwigs pokeball or leave it
3.who is this evil trainer who created darkri and how
4.where did this alakasam come from.

thanks cant wait till chapter 3

Back