Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Road to Worlds 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michel

I’ve had a look at the Premiere events structure in the USA and I’ve been quite surprized.

What PUI offers to US players is absolutely great ! :smile:

Please tell me if the following figures about the prizes offered at 2005 Premiere events are wrong :

CC : for each age group : 1 Medal + 1 prize kit + 35 boosters
Total : 3 Medals + 3 prize kits + 105 boosters

State : for each age group : 1 Trophy + 300 USD allowance for travel to National + 1 Admission to Origins + 72 boosters
Total : 3 Trophies + 900 USD allowance for travel to National + 3 Admission to Origins + 216 boosters

Regional : for each age group : 3 Trophies + 2 invites to Worlds + 2 travels to Worlds + 3000 USD of scholarship + 300 USD allowance for travel to National + 1 Admission to origins + 216 boosters
Total : 9 Trophies + 6 invites to Worlds + 6 travels to Worlds + 9000 USD of scholarship + 900 USD allowance for travel to National + 3 Admission to origins + 648 boosters

Gym Challenges : for each age group : 1 invite to Worlds + 1 travel to Worlds + 88 boosters
Total : 3 invite to Worlds + 3 travel to Worlds + 264 boosters

National : for each age group : 3 trophies + 4 invites to World + 4 travels to World + 5000 USD scholarship + 316 boosters
total : 9 trophies + 12 invites to World + 12 travels to World + 15000 USD scholarship + 948 boosters

If I take the 2004 figures (105 CC’s + 40 State + 38 GC) and the 2005 figures already known (13 Regionals + 1 National) of the tournament run, I have the following global prize support for Premiere events in 2005 in the USA :

Trophies/medals : 561
Invites and travels to World : 204
Travel allowance to National championship : 47700 USD
Scholarship : 132000 USD
Boosters : 29829

In addition to that, you also have the promo cards and the POP boosters offered.

Participation fee to all these tournaments ? FREE !!!

When I read that, I only have one word to say : amazing !!! :thumb: :clap:

But as you all know, I’m not from the USA and if I’m really happy for my US friends, I can’t prevent me of comparing with my country.
Comparing with Europe is very difficult because the prize and tournaments structures vary from country to country.

So let’s go for Belgium :

Tournaments : 5 CC’s + 0 State + 0 GC + 0 Regional + 1 State
Fee : between 5 and 7 Euro for each tournament (7 – 10 USD)
Prizes :
CC’s : approx 150 boosters (each TO may decide) + 15 medals + 15 goodie bags
State (figures 2004) : 1 invite to Worlds + 1 trip to Worlds + 3 trophies + approx 150 boosters

Total :
Trophies/medals : 18 (USA 561)
Invites and travels to World : 1 (USA 204)
Travel allowance to National championship : 0 (USA 47700 USD)
Scholarship : 0 (USA 132000 USD)
Boosters : 300 (USA 29829)
:eek: :frown:

As you see, the global allocation for all the 2005 Premiere events to our players is far less important than a single US Regional or a single US Gym Challenge.

But do you know that our 3 first CC’s have had more than 30 players each, more than many CC’s or State Championships in the USA ?

And do you know that if we compare the amount of ranked players per State, Belgium would be very close to the top 10 of the US States ?

Other ‘outside the USA’ countries will have a little bit more support, other will have less, or no support at all, even if there are many players there.

I truly hope that PUI and the distributors will realize that there is no reason to consider Europe as the ‘third World’ of Pokemon. :nonono:

There are sales and players on this side of the Atlantic, enthousiast and professional people involved in the game as TO’s or Gym leaders, and very competitive players who deserve to play at Worlds.

Prize support is not officially announced for Europe yet. But I believe that if things don’t change, there will be only a really few European players in a tournament called Worlds but which will be nothing else than a ‘USA vs Japan’ competition. :frown:

But sure, POP US Premiere events structure is just great, and that's really nice for all the US players :thumb:

Well I will compare for my country - The Netherlands.

Easy go for me

WE have
0000000000000000000000000000 tournaments
so that's costs us
000000000000000000000000000 entrance fee
and there is
000000000000000000000000000 suppport needed.

Wait, I am so confused because what I had been told does not match what anyone is saying. What events do you need to win to go to Worlds? What is the lowest place in these tournaments you can get to still get an invitation. (even if it does not cover trip/spendings/whatever)

As far as we know, the winner of each age group at the National championships will win a trip in the countries where a National will be run.
The first and second will win an invitation.

The latest news from the Belgian distributor is : one age group at the National.
That means only one player who'll win a trip.

No news from other countries, but last year countries like Holland and France offered one trip only too.

Nothing has been announced about Gym or Stadium Challenges.
We hope some will be run, but we don't know if there will be Challenges and which will be the prize structure and invites/trips offered.

Thanks I live only 2,5 hours driving from Belgium.
We can at least try to get an invitation for Worlds. No trips because we are not residents.
The same for Germany, 3-5 hours driving but meaby also there a change.

But this is only reserved for those with transportation and only a few can have that change.
Traveling by car is expensive here and you get very tired in the traffic, it's always so busy.

Today I mailed our distributor to ask if we can expect any modified tournament.
there hasn't been any since july 2004.

What I see happening in Belgium
top 8 dominated by 15+ and some 11-14 will get in.
10- not a single change.
I have attended all 3 CC's and it's the same story over again.
While distributors are telling us this is a kidsgame, they create an environment were 15 + and adults rule.
That why there are so less 10 and under players, would you hang on a game were you always have to fight against adults?

Hopefully here in the UK our distributor will do what they did last year, namely that all three winners of the different age groups will win the trips and second and third place pick up the invites.I feel desperately sorry for the other Euro countries that havn't got a good,solid distributor like we in the UK enjoy. One or two things have gone slightly pear shaped in the past but at least they do try and perhaps more importantly they do appear to listen!!

For thestatistics in Hong Kong:

Tournaments : 1 CC’s + 0 State + 0 GC + 0 Regional + 1 State
Fee : US$5.5
Prizes :
CC’s : 30 boosters + 2 medals + 2 goodie bags (<10 group deleted)
National : 0 invite to Worlds + 1 trip to Worlds + 6 trophies + 60 boosters

Total :
Trophies/medals : 8 (USA 561)
Invites and travels to World : 0 (USA 204)
Travel allowance to National championship : 1, about US1500 (USA 47700 USD)
Scholarship : 0 (USA 132000 USD)
Boosters : 100 (USA 29829)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back