Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Rockford Great Encounters Prerelease - Sat 2/2

PokeMama

:thumb: Are you ready for the next fun Pokemon Event in Rockford? :thumb:

Well we sure are! Come join us as Tomorrow Is Yesterday hosts
another great event for you!

The Great Encounters Prerelease is coming soon!

When:Saturday, Feb 2nd!

Where: North Suburban Womens Club 6320 N 2nd St Rockford,IL 61111
(about 4 blocks North of E.Riverside on N. 2nd St(Hwy 251).

Here's a Mapquest link if you need it!

Quick directions:
From I90, I39, Hwy51, Hwy 55, or Hwy 11-
take the route 55 exit to the left or West (Exit 64 - E. Riverside Dr). Then go straight on that road until you hit a major intersection, N. 2nd St (Hwy 251) Turn right at that intersection. It's just a few blocks farther, on the left side of the road - Across the street from a Big Lots mini mall - the North Suburban Women's Club.

What time: Registration opens at 11, tourney starts at NOON
(so eat lunch before you come, or bring your lunch with you)

How much does it cost? $25 to enter. Entry fee includes over $35 worth of products you use to play in the event and then keep afterwards.

Feel free to contact Tomorrow Is Yesterday 1-815-633-0330 for more information or email me

As usual, we will be having two different ways to play in the Prerelease, both going on at the same time:
the Sanctioned Main Event (where you get 6 packs and build your own deck using only the cards from your packs) , OR the Theme Deck Challenge (where you choose one of 3 Preconstructed Theme Decks to play against others in the Theme Deck Challenge) .

Either one you choose, everyone will get a Cool Special Surprise gift and a special Promo card!

Just think... a day full of fun with your Pokemon friends, a chance to get and play with the new cards before anyone else gets them, A Special Surprise gift, a special Promo Card...
all for only $25!! Such a deal!​

Want to get some extra booster packs? Bring in your friends, neighbors, parents... for every new person you bring in to play, in either the Main Event or the Theme Deck Challenge, I'll give you a bonus pack! Let's face it, Pokemon is a GREAT game, we ALL love it, and it's MORE fun the more people who play! This is going to be a VERY exciting new set and this is the very first day it's available too! You won't want to miss it!!

Also keep in mind the spirit of a Prerelease is non-competitive, with no real pressure to win, which is why everyone will receive prize packs at the end. The main objective is to have fun and check out all the new cards! And don't forget, the New Rules that came out with the Release of Diamond & Pearl are in effect, so be sure to check it out if you aren't familiar with the new changes.

But don't worry, we'll have LOTS of random pack giveaways throughout the day! I also have some really cool door prizes to give out... besides packs and sleeves and such, a free Pass to our next Prerelease worth $25, as well as some other great door prizes! You can be sure we'll have a good time! Oh and of course, I'll bake plenty of cookies for everyone! We'll also have Soda, juice, and chips on sale there too, in case you get hungry. There are also plenty of fast food places within walking distance, like Subway, McDonalds, Arbys and more. Feel free to eat lunch before you arrive or bring it in with you to eat after you register, before the event begins.

$5 Modified Side Event after the main event, as well as Pokemon DS battles going on through the day between rounds, so why not bring your GameBoys!

:biggrin: Preregister by Thursday Jan 31st and you'll get a free booster pack at the end of the day! Email me, PM me, or call TIY (815-633-0330) to preregister for this exciting, fun event! :biggrin:​

All the complete details can be found at our Website, TIYPokemon.com

Last edited:
Let's see how Niles and New Berlin shape up. I'm not coming back up unless I can hit two in a weekend.

Jimmy already announced Chicago at 2/10. I need either Niles or New Berlin to happen either 2/9 or 2/3 in order for me to make it up.

Awww, c'mon, you don't want to miss this one! It's going to be great! And finally it's NOT on SuperBowl Sunday! :thumb:

Well, it's now down to Niles to decide whether or not I can even come up, since Jared put his at the same day as Jimmy's. If Niles is 2/3, I can come to this one. If they're on 2/9, then I can make Jimmy's. If not either of those two dates, I can't make it to any of them. It's too far for one Prerelease from Champaign...

I've told you about gremlins? Yep, it's happening again...

Well, it's now down to Niles to decide whether or not I can even come up, since Jared put his at the same day as Jimmy's. If Niles is 2/3, I can come to this one. If they're on 2/9, then I can make Jimmy's. If not either of those two dates, I can't make it to any of them. It's too far for one Prerelease from Champaign...

I've told you about gremlins? Yep, it's happening again...

According to the PUI website, Niles is on 2/3.

Thanks Entei! So maybe you can make it after all, eh bullados? :thumb: Of course, now we have to cross our fingers for good weather, as for any of these winter month events, but hopefully we've gotten all the bad weather out of our systems for the area! *fingers crossed*

Gremlins. Gotta love the Gremlins.

2/2 up there? 2/3 in Niles? Sounds do-able. Need to check a few factors before coming up (class, work, weather, etc), but I should be able to make both.

Y'know, it'd be nice if you, Jimmy, Jared, and Troy could get together and schedule your events around each other. I know that Alan isn't really interested...

Hey we all do the best we can to have our events not conflict with each other and be as compatible as possible. Those of us up north here have venue concerns, Jimmy and Alan don't have the same venue issues as we up north do, and we just try not to have any of ours on the same day whenever possible.

Hey hope you can make it! Gonna be a good one! I'm bringing in some Prerelease posters to put up at TIY on Sat... they're AWESOME!

Hey everybody - don't forget to let Camille (Pokemama) know BEFORE THURSDAY if you will be there to get the bonus pack. :smile:

Keny

Alrighty! Tomorrow's the day! Can't wait!! You're gonna love it you guys! Getting ready to bake some cookies for ya'll :biggrin:

Coooookieeessss........its been........soooooo.......long...........Gahh! lol
So far, it is looking like I can go, but it could change at the last minute if my sister's Ex-Husband doesn't take my nieces and nephew for the weekend. I want those cookies! lol

The roads are clear. A warm front is coming in overnight. Pokemon on Saturday is a GO!

Back