Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Rockford IL Furious Fists Prerelease Sat 8/2

PokeMama

Time to put up a good fight! Rockford’s Furious Fists Prerelease is coming soon!

Saturday Aug 2, 2014
Top Cut Comics – Loves Park 5600 N. 2nd St. Rockford IL 61111
Registration opens at:
9am (open packs at 9:30) for the morning event
or 1pm (open packs at 1:30) for the afternoon event

Cost: $25
The first 100 players will be Guaranteed to receive a cool Prerelease Promo Card!

No need to Preregister but you will need your POP ID number and birthdate to sign in once you are there.
If you don’t remember your number, contact me ahead of time and I’ll give it to you. If you have never had one yet, I’ll assign you one there.

Here are the details on the Prerelease!
- Main Event -
Cost: $25 for 6 boosters to build the deck you’ll play in the tournament, plus a special Promo Card for everyone, while supplies last! And I CAN tell you that you’ll love them! Plus 2 more packs at the end of the tournament!

Each player will receive 6 booster packs of the new set (to keep) and may start opening their packs when we tell everyone to go. Players will each build their own 40 card deck to play (using only those cards from the 6 packs, no trading cards with others until after the Tourney) and will also decide how many energies they will want to include in their decks (basic energies are provided at the event). Everyone will then have 30 minutes to build their decks, using only the cards from the packs they received. That totally levels the playing field… because from the best player around to the newest youngster there, everyone has an equal chance at this tourney because you never know what cards you’ll get in your packs! That’s what makes it so fun!

And don’t worry, it’s not really that hard to build your own deck… generally there aren’t a whole lot of trainers in a set, so you’ll usually want to include as many of them that will be helpful as you can. You want to make sure you have as many basic Pokemon as you can, and include any evolutions that you might have been lucky enough to get as well. Try to keep your deck to 2 or 3 types, like Fire and Electric or whichever, because that will be helpful to you in drawing the particular energies you need for your Pokemon’s attacks. Of course Colorless type Pokemon can fit nicely into any type of deck since they can use any type of energy you happen to have. Since your deck needs to be 40 cards in total, a relatively simple rule of thumb would be 20 energies and 20 in any combination of basics, their evolutions (if you got any), and trainers. Then, just decide how many of which type of energies you’ll need to get by looking over the energy requirements for your Pokemon’s attacks. And that’s pretty much all there is to it!

Remember, it’s a tournament for fun, so don’t stress over building ‘the perfect deck’… just have fun with it!

Once the decks are built, the tourney will begin. For this event you play for 4 prizes with 20 minute rounds, and we usually play for 3 rounds. Also keep in mind the spirit of a Prerelease is non-competitive, with no real pressure to win, which is why everyone will receive prize packs at the end. The main thing is to have fun & check out all the new cards!

Prizes:ALL participants who finish will receive 2 more prize packs at the end of the tourney
(making a total of 8 packs, PLUS the Promo card)

- Theme Deck Challenge -
Sorry, no more Theme Deck Challenges.

- Draft Side Event -
Only players who have participated in the Main Prerelease may play in the Side Event afterwards. We’ll have sign ups and details at the store.

$15 DRAFT- Here’s something new and fun for those of you who play in the Prerelease… after the morning event AND after the afternoon event we’ll be having 8 player 4 pack draft side events for $15, so if you finished up your fun time playing in the Prerelease and just wish you could keep going for some MORE fun, then sign up for the Draft afterwards! It’s a blast! We’ll keep them going in pods of 8 players. Winner gets 4 packs.

Want to get some extra booster packs? Bring in your friends, neighbors, parents… for every new person you bring in to play the Main Event I’ll give you a bonus pack! Let’s face it, Pokemon is a GREAT game, we ALL love it, and it’s MORE fun the more people who play! This is going to be a VERY exciting new set and this is the very first day it’s available too! You won’t want to miss it!!

Door Prizes - Of course , we’ll have random pack giveaways throughout the day and I’ll give out a free Pass to our next Prerelease! You can be sure we’ll have a good time!

‘Support the Store’ Raffle - As a thank you to Top Cut Comics for hosting our event, I’d like to encourage our players to purchase items from their store. Show me your receipt for items that you purchase there from now until the Prerelease, and I’ll give you a Raffle ticket. Spend $5 or more and I’ll give you an extra raffle ticket for each extra $5 you spend! The more you spend in the store, the more chances you get! After all the main rounds are finished, I’ll draw a lucky number to win 3 booster packs.

PokeMama’s Pokemon hat giveaway - Of course I’ll be making some hats of the Pokemon in the set to give away at both the morning and afternoon events! So be sure to come! You might get lucky and win one!

How/when can I pay for the event? You can pay on the day of the event by cash or check (made out to Camille Peltier-Robson) or you may pay in advance with Credit Card by Paypal if you wish (email Camille for simple details)

You can get even more details and links at my website, www.pokemama.com. Bring your friends! We'll see you there!!

Back