Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

rolla cities

well the day started off at 8:30, got up, got dressed threw my truck-box on (which took forever in the FREEZING COLD)..... i shoved off and picked up MegaMurkrow, after a couple hours, we arrive at my old stompin grounds and register, i run d trode/d draggy deck, but i'm too lazy to post the list right now...... MM decides to stick with his venucex deck, we playtest before, but i get 2 d drair's in my prizes, so it takes forever to get set up, and he ends up beating me with venu..........

ok tourney starts

round 1 vs ??? (kingler/swampy/some other things)
well i dunsparce, get 2 torb and a tini, send up tini.... next turn i evolve into 'nair, and a d trode on the bench, use d nav, and within a few turns of 90 a turn with my 'nite, i end up winning
1-0

round 2 vs kerri (torchic)
well, nor really sure what else was in it, cuz turn two i get r sneasel with a dark and a r nrg and win
2-0

round 3 vs MegaMurkrow (venucex)
well once again, 2 'nairs are in my prizes, but i stall enough to get set up, but it was too late and in the end, he plays his lone HL trode and busts me for the game
2-1

round 4 vs bradley (d marowak/gyarados ex)
well my deck pretty much counters this deck, and i got set up far too quickly
3-1

well the final 4 of this is me, MEG45, MM, and trevor simmons (sry, don't know ur sn)

it's me vs trevor and MM vs MEG45 (AKA 3 dark heart decks vs venucex, lol), me and vince (meg45) consider dropping to get them two that haven't won into the finals, but i decided that the other two needed to earn their way into the finals....

game 1 F4
well i just don't get set up and everything that i need is in my prizes, but while he has 1 prize left, i attack his dragonite with my sparce and flip 4 out of 6 heads, so i stall long enough to make it entertaining....
0-1

game 2 F4
well exact opposite this time, and i get set up beautifully, and take all 6 prizes in less than 10 minutes
1-1

game 3 F4
once again i get set up far too fast and just pick his 50 hp basics off with 4 dark nrg r sneasel ex and win in short order
2-1

well i get into the finals and so does MM, but since i had already won the st. peters finals, i didn't really want to play it out, so i just concede and we both play in the afterdraft which i go 3-0 in, woohoo!

ok mad props go out to
- MM for winning with Venucex
- everyone who played
- el_paso for running this lil shindig, lol
- da STL crew for sweeping yet another CC in all 3 divisions (5th or 6th time i think)

ok mad slops go out to
-mother nature for snowing on the way back
-the STL RAMS for who made me drive 80-90 mph all the way back, only to see them get slaughtered by the falcons

Nice report Scotty. Thanks for making all my dreams come true :biggrin:

And yea, that Rams game broke my heart too. I want a rebate. :p

Back